It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the hell is wrong with you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

wtf are you triggered about?

I was saying it would have cost a fortune and required severe debt to handle the cost of health care...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I understand the OP's frustration about things in the US and the desire to leave the States. I looked into it and for what ever reason, they want you to pay to leave, $2,500 sounds about right from what I remember.

It seems to me that if you are living in another country and submit a statement that rejects your citizenship in the US that is entered in to public records, that should be good enough and be accepted. If you are a natural born citizen, you never paid to be a citizen, so why do you have to pay to be an expat? At that point they may try and collect their fees, but if you are outside the country, I don't think they would get very far.

If you did something like that, I'm not sure what legal status that would make you if you came back to the States for a visit. You'd likely get arrested, jailed and forced to pay the exit fees plus interest and penalties. I'm no lawyer, but there must be a way to say "see ya" without paying $2,500 to leave. This is extreme, but maybe there is some "crime" you could commit short of becoming a terrorist or an enemy of the state that would get you kicked out.

Regardless of why you want to leave, I don't think you should have to pay anything give up citizenship. That $2,500 may not seem like a lot of money to some people, but you'd have to add that to all the other expenses of leaving the county and living in another one. In my opinion, it's the final nail in the "poor trap" coffin that they have us poor peasant class citizens in. A tax revenue generating wage slave from cradle to grave that is forced to pay more just to get the hell out.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Passport controls. I am required to renew my passport every ten years.

The only way out is to pay!

a reply to: Mandroid7

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I'm cool with anyone leaving of their own free will and at absolutely no cost.

With the stipulation that they never return.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Just countering your anti-America BS.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Not BS, truth.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Wait a minute...

I thought free passage into a country is a human right... Have I been lied too????

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Says the guy that doesn't live here. Perception built by media.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: DeathSlayer

America was born on rioting.

So when is a riot a good or bad thing ?

Not when it destroys the neighborhood you live in. Or threatens the livelihood of your neighbor.

Like it did in The Stamp Act Riots of 1765 then ?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Ok, hopefully I'm wrong, is health care available to everyone in america in a non profit environment?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

Not BS, truth.

I know of at least three couples that had children born anywhere from one to two months early. I think one family had two premature babies over theee years. Weeks in special care, treatments, and machines to breath. The children finally went home healthy and sound. The families never ended up destitute.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

I don't think that is accurate. It might be accurate to say, in order to 'renounce' your citizenship you have to pay, but it is incorrect to imply not renewing your passport is somehow something you are forced to do, because you are not. And, it is not a crime to not renew your passport.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Yes. Every single state has health care, free food, housing, etc. We spend almost a trillion dollars a year on it.

Federal and state welfare programs include cash assistance, healthcare and medical provisions, food assistance, housing subsidies, energy and utilities subsidies, education and childcare assistance, and subsidies and assistance for other basic services. Similar social welfare benefits are sometimes provided by the private sector either through policy mandates or on a voluntary basis.

en.wikipedia.org...

No country is perfect. But IMO, I'd rather be here than anywhere else.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

That's great to hear!

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Ok, hopefully I'm wrong, is health care available to everyone in america in a non profit environment?

If you show up at the emergency room, can they turn you away? You tell me?

Now. What if your 90 years old in your country and need a new hip or knee?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Faint of heart?
That is funny.
I am a combat veteran and U.S. civil servant....faint of heart?

You do not know what you speak about.

Its trash talking people like you who will be the first to fall when civil war lands on your door step.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

If you show up at the emergency room, can they turn you away? You tell me?

Now. What if your 90 years old in your country and need a new hip or knee?

Or even more - an organ transplant.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

You are former US Military???? Is this what you mean by 'combat veteran'?

link   

You think you're the only veteran?

Some of us just don't parade that around like it gives us some special place above everyone else.

Yes, a [snipped] that wants to get rid of his citizenship because some idiots go on a riot is pretty weak minded & Faint of heart. Woah is me! Dumbasses are rioting. I must renounce my citizenship!
edit on Thu May 28 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   

I congratulate you on your decision

Let's be fair about this, for some the U.S. might work out, for others it doesn't, but the U.S. is not land of the free, even the shadow of this notion disappeared decades ago.

The halls of Washington are rife with criminals.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join