It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd's death sparks massive protests in Minneapolis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Black on black crime has to do with proximity and poverty. It has nothing to do with race or targeting. Black people don't target and kill each other based on their race. These cops who are supposed to serve and protect instead come into these communities, actively target and execute blacks at a disproportional rate with these public lynchings.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
If you rank them the same then you don't truly value human life.

Actually I do, I don't put a modifier on how people die like you do. Dead is dead.

You sound like the winners who talk about how bad gun deaths are but ignore traffic deaths. They're both bad.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddguy

You said it waaaay better than I did. Dispassionate. On-target.

I'll also add that if the police in my town thought I had passed TEN bad checks they'd call first before stopping by for a chat.

Go me, F them I guess, right?

SMDH

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I look at it this way. If he was none compliant, the officer could have had his knee on his back, not his neck. It takes 7 lbs of pressure to break a neck, additionally, you constrict the breathing as well. Bottom line is it is definitely manslaughter, or negligent homicide. I don't think it was murder, as murder involves intent. I don't believe the cop intentionally murdered him. They fired all 4 of the officers. 2 things need to come out of this. First, police unions need to stop protecting idiots. The guy is an idiot. He is a trained professional, and regardless a man died. Second, people should have a right to easily sue not just the city and state, but the individuals as well. You bankrupt the city, state, and individuals, stupid # like this will stop. If the city was hit with a 10 billion dollar law suit, the reality is, they would stop. Especially when the Pensions are all gone due to it. Hit people in the wallet. Higher better people, and you fix the issue. As far as rioting. Ya, any rioters should be shot, plain and simple. Now if you want to protest, by all means, protest. However you do not have a right to destroy something. You don't have a right to hurt others cause you are mad. You do not have a right to stop traffic, invade others personal space, or otherwise cause undo stress to others. There is a difference between protesting and rioting.

Camain

When dozens of people are yelling at you to check the individuals pulse, and he doesn't, at that point, it can be argued that it was intentional.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeGee

I look at it this way. If he was none compliant, the officer could have had his knee on his back, not his neck. It takes 7 lbs of pressure to break a neck, additionally, you constrict the breathing as well. Bottom line is it is definitely manslaughter, or negligent homicide. I don't think it was murder, as murder involves intent. I don't believe the cop intentionally murdered him. They fired all 4 of the officers. 2 things need to come out of this. First, police unions need to stop protecting idiots. The guy is an idiot. He is a trained professional, and regardless a man died. Second, people should have a right to easily sue not just the city and state, but the individuals as well. You bankrupt the city, state, and individuals, stupid # like this will stop. If the city was hit with a 10 billion dollar law suit, the reality is, they would stop. Especially when the Pensions are all gone due to it. Hit people in the wallet. Higher better people, and you fix the issue. As far as rioting. Ya, any rioters should be shot, plain and simple. Now if you want to protest, by all means, protest. However you do not have a right to destroy something. You don't have a right to hurt others cause you are mad. You do not have a right to stop traffic, invade others personal space, or otherwise cause undo stress to others. There is a difference between protesting and rioting.

Camain

When dozens of people are yelling at you to check the individuals pulse, and he doesn't, at that point, it can be argued that it was intentional.

The problem is spectators yelling and interfering can put the arresting officer in danger. Just because you have people standing around interfering does not mean they are correct or you are doing something wrong.

If police officers listened to every irate spectator making an arrest, they'd never be able to arrest anyone and criminals would quickly figure out how to take advantage of the situation.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Could someone answer me a question. In the footage of the police pulling the man out of the car, tell me where are all the bystanders that were shouting at the police? Cos if you look at the footage the street is completely clear of people.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
We are truely in a police state! Even while being recorded officer never let up. Looked like murder to me. Always record police nowadays!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Could someone answer me a question. In the footage of the police pulling the man out of the car, tell me where are all the bystanders that were shouting at the police? Cos if you look at the footage the street is completely clear of people.

I wasn't there... I didn't watch the snuff film... I don't know...

I'm really not even sure what you're asking. Are you referring to people shouting while Mr. Floyd was being pulled from the vehicle, so heard but not seen? Are you referring to no one seen or heard when he was pulled from the vehicle, but people seen and/or heard at a later point? And if so, what point? Or something entirely different?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What a moronic statement in this case..a reply to: Fisherr

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another dumb statement...you must be a cop..a reply to: Edumakated

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Excessive force is a crime.. The danger was negated after he was cuffed.. a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddguy

Black on black crime has to do with proximity and poverty. It has nothing to do with race or targeting. Black people don't target and kill each other based on their race. These cops who are supposed to serve and protect instead come into these communities, actively target and execute blacks at a disproportional rate with these public lynchings.

I do believe Black on Black has a good deal of targeting involved, especially gang on gang. Also when you say disproportional rate what are you comparing that to? Before you might attack me I have been on the side that cops escalate situations way too much without a way to deescalate at the proper time to prevent events like this.

edit on 27-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: JoeGee

Camain

The problem is spectators yelling and interfering can put the arresting officer in danger. Just because you have people standing around interfering does not mean they are correct or you are doing something wrong.

If police officers listened to every irate spectator making an arrest, they'd never be able to arrest anyone and criminals would quickly figure out how to take advantage of the situation.

Okay, at this point it seems we're arguing morality vs technicality. If I seen a man hanging by a rope in the street who was struggling, granted I COULD save his life by cutting him down, but doing so might put me in danger because his body can fall on me and crush me.

Makes sense...Putting two fingers over the carotid artery compromises the situation. Or more like the lack of fostered a compromising situation in Minneapolis

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm asking about the film you put in your post from Twitter. When he is pulled from the motor there is no one on the sidewalk, there is no one on the road and there is no sound of anyone shouting at the police. It aint a snuff movie, it's a movie of police pulling a man out of a cor.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I'm asking about the film you put in your post from Twitter. When he is pulled from the motor there is no one on the sidewalk, there is no one on the road and there is no sound of anyone shouting at the police. It aint a snuff movie, it's a movie of police pulling a man out of a cor.

Okay.

And as I've stated twice before, I have not watched it... I can't tell you where any one was or was not and when.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

...does not mean they are correct or you are doing something wrong.

Oh but they WERE correct and he WAS doing something wrong. Maybe if the cops had acted professionally and put the hand-cuffed guy in the back of the squad car and drove off, instead of pinning him by the neck to the street like a rabid dog until he stopped breathing, bystanders wouldn't have gathered and pleaded for mercy for the guy.

Any fool could see the guy was slowly slipping away. Why couldn't the cops? Are they idiots, or something more sinister? Either way, not fit for duty. Of COURSE people saw what was going on and spoke out. Why are you faulting them and not the person who asphyxiated a hand-cuffed suspect? No due process, no trial--- just strangled on the street. Yikes!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Gang on gang violence in black communities has nothing to do with racial targeting unless the gang is the police.

When i say at disproportional rate, i mean compared to other races, blacks are more target and executed by law enforcement in America.

I hope you don't feel "attacked". That isn't my goal.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Not sure what footage you watched but there’s a dude standing in the road watching as soon as they have George out of his vehicle, and George’s passenger and what looks to be a female next to him.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
a reply to: BrianFlanders
People are rioting to make sure corrective action is taken. To make sure this kind of police brutality does not continue.

Seriously? Riots are the way to prevent issues like this? I don't think so. There are legal methods of correcting the problems, good people will use those FIRST. Of course most cops will protect bad cops out of fear for their careers, that has to be changed as well. Unions are part of the problem, they often use thug tactics to get their way and protect bad apples to keep the money flowing in.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

Sad that his legacy will be overwhelmed by the oxygen thieves who are about to take full advantage of the situation and loot, riot and cause general mayhem as opposed to actually protesting an actual moral/ethical issue in a way that will get the attention of the population so laws are changed - no, just revamp LA 1992 and let it fly (because stupid humans never learn).

RIP Mr Floyd, may your family receive righteous justice for your unacceptable death - all due to a clearly stupid human with a superiority complex and likely a very very small dick.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join