It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowpiercer Film Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The new Snowpiercer series was added to Netflix recently and it reminded me of an interesting video I saw a few months ago about the link between the 2013 Snowpiercer movie and Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. I would recommend watching the Snowpiercer movie first if you haven't seen it because this video contains large spoilers. The Snowpiercer movie is set 8 years after the events of the new series on Netflix but I would recommend watching the movie first. The movie is directed by Bong Joon-ho, the same guy who directed Parasite. I don't completely buy into this film theory, I think the Snowpiercer movie probably just drew a lot of inspiration from Willy Wonka, but there's certainly a lot of strange connections and it's an intriguing theory. The connections he makes near the end of the video are quite convincing but I wont say what they are because they contain spoilers.

edit on 25/5/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks, I've seen the video on connecting the two, but didn't know there was a series drop yet........Appreciate the heads up.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Saw the movie. You really have to suspend all reason as the story line is too fantastic. Too many questions like "how" a number of times.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
On a related note, here's another Bill Gates conspiracy for you guys. There is a project funded by Bill Gates which aims to reverse global warming by dumping millions of tons of reflective particles into the atmosphere. The main concern is that if they were to miscalculate the effect of the particles it could cause excessive cooling. That is exactly the plot of Snowpiercer, they release a chemical into the atmosphere which triggers an ice age.

Fires burning across the Amazon rainforest have renewed the debate about solutions to climate change. Bill Gates is backing the first high-altitude experiment of one radical approach called solar geoengineering. It’s meant to mimic the effects of a giant volcanic eruption. Thousands of planes would fly at high altitudes, spraying millions of tons of particles around the planet to create a massive chemical cloud that would cool the surface.

“Modeling studies have found that it could reduce the intensity of heat waves, for instance, apparently it could reduce the rate of sea level rise. It could reduce the intensity of tropical storms,” said Andy Parker, project director at the Solar Radiation Management Governance Initiative.

The technology is not far from being ready and it’s affordable, but it could cause massive changes in regional weather patterns and eradicate blue sky.

This Bill Gates-funded chemical cloud could help stop global warming

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Saw the movie. You really have to suspend all reason as the story line is too fantastic. Too many questions like "how" a number of times.

Snowpiercer definitely stretches what is possible, I mean what benefit does a perpetually moving train even offer? However, Willy Wonka also requires a similar stretching of the imagination.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

But what if you sync it with Pink Floyd’s dark side of the moon.....

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

So you’re saying Bill Gates answer to man made climate change is man made climate change?

I wish Bill would just retreat to a private Island and leave the fate of the world to the rest of us. I hear his pal Epstein’s is for sale.

edit on 25/5/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
On a related note, here's another Bill Gates conspiracy for you guys. There is project funded by Bill Gates which aims to reverse global warming by dumping millions of tons of reflective particles into the atmosphere. The main concern is that if they were to miscalculate the effect of the particles it could cause excessive cooling. That is exactly the plot of Snowpiercer, they release a chemical into the atmosphere which triggers an ice age.

Fires burning across the Amazon rainforest have renewed the debate about solutions to climate change. Bill Gates is backing the first high-altitude experiment of one radical approach called solar geoengineering. It’s meant to mimic the effects of a giant volcanic eruption. Thousands of planes would fly at high altitudes, spraying millions of tons of particles around the planet to create a massive chemical cloud that would cool the surface.

“Modeling studies have found that it could reduce the intensity of heat waves, for instance, apparently it could reduce the rate of sea level rise. It could reduce the intensity of tropical storms,” said Andy Parker, project director at the Solar Radiation Management Governance Initiative.

The technology is not far from being ready and it’s affordable, but it could cause massive changes in regional weather patterns and eradicate blue sky.

The whole trouble with that is linear thinking - that global warming is going to keep going up and up. In fact, climate is cyclical, and is now swinging to the cold side. Gates' plan would be a disaster. A grand solar minimum is in place, with the number of sunspots at near-zero - this indicates a cold trend or even a new mini-ice age. Sadly, kooks no longer preach on street corners while standing on soapboxes...they have serious money to implement their kooky ideas. The flat-earther with his rocket only killed himself, but Gates could kill millions.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The biggest "how" is just who maintains the tracks of a fast moving train?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Well in the movie they do show parts of the track covered in a lot of ice, but the train is made to pierce through it. It does still cause the train to almost go off the tracks though. Still hard to believe obviously, but at least they try. So far I haven't seen much mention of the tracks in the new series, apart from them saying one section is a bit bumpy, but it's set 8 years before the movie so the ice may not be so bad.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I know. Here we are in the middle of a pandemic that is straight up Mother Nature - proof that man cannot control everything about our world yet and she can still reach out and grab us by our naughty bits - and he's still of thinking he can just mess with the dial on the global thermostat.

Talk about monumental hubris.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I am thinking they built this giant train to just endlessly go around the world ... and no one noticed this?! The governments of the world just sort of let it happen with the giant construction over the oceans and everything, even knowing most of them wouldn't likely be on board because they didn't have actual control of it.

I mean, if you want a "mankind bracing for catastrophic climate change" type story, SevenEves by Neal Stephensen is better and more plausible than this one seems to be.

edit on 25-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Supposedly the train was built under the guise of being a luxury world tour train. The plausibility isn't a huge factor for me though, the idea of all remaining humans being trapped on a train and separated into classes it just interesting. I wouldn't say Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory is bad just because it has a lot of implausible scenes, the quality of the movie matters much more.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Grenade

Here we are in the middle of a pandemic that is straight up Mother Nature - proof that man cannot control everything about our world yet and she can still reach out and grab us by our naughty bits

Very true, but considering that Covid-19 was likely leaked from a lab it might not be entirely natural, although I do think it was an accident. It shows us that in our attempt to control nature we can sometimes trigger massive disasters, in our attempt to solve one problem we can cause even greater problem. There are countless potential negative consequences which could arise from filling our atmosphere with tiny reflective particles. Coincidentally, China is also the largest contributor to global warming, whereas the developed world has maintained stable CO2 emissions for over 2 decades. Maybe we could deal with that first before we start geoengineering our atmosphere.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I suppose that’s dependant on the belief this virus originated in bats and managed to cross species at some seafood market while ignoring the virology lab across the road which was working on mutating corona viruses.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
On a related note, here's another Bill Gates conspiracy for you guys. There is a project funded by Bill Gates which aims to reverse global warming by dumping millions of tons of reflective particles into the atmosphere. The main concern is that if they were to miscalculate the effect of the particles it could cause excessive cooling. That is exactly the plot of Snowpiercer, they release a chemical into the atmosphere which triggers an ice age.

Bill Gate's idea was a "chemical cloud"
The IPCC's idea was millions of tons of reflective particles such as aluminum .
Even Joe Biden , as Vice President , was an outspoken opponent of both .

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Another how is who is maintaining the train? On a high speed train traveling for over six years like that, the wheels will have to be changed at some point.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i watched that flick, and what a depressing ending.
the hero is a pos.

how can your hero be a bad guy?

i hate dys-topia, especially considering how fast minions are willing to accept it, as evidenced by current events.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

I suppose that’s dependant on the belief this virus originated in bats and managed to cross species at some seafood market while ignoring the virology lab across the road which was working on mutating corona viruses.

Yes and no.

Even if it leaked out of a lab, there is still no evidence that it was directly tampered with in the sense that genes were inserted or deleted in the form of adding the jellyfish genes to aquarium fish to make them glow ... that type of genetic tampering.

Any tampering done was more along the lines of working with strains to make them more or less potent that way a farmer works with livestock to make it express certain traits beneficial to his purpose. That's still a natural process. We simply manipulate it to our benefit.

And it is something that is done with laboratory strains to test working vaccines. You have to get your pathogen for testing somewhere after all.

As we've seen in recent reports, they're running into problems testing the COVID-19 vaccines because there simply isn't enough wild strain. They're having trouble getting enough infections among their trial volunteers. After all, it's not like they can purposefully infect people with it the same way they can lab animals. So very often, carefully groomed strains of the necessary pathogens are kept in labs for testing purposes to make sure that vaccines will do what they're supposed to.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The issue with "solutions" like that is we can't take them back. Once we do it, we're walking down that road.

History shows that injecting tons of particulates into the atmosphere and certain gases is a bad gamble. Large volcanic explosions have a history of doing this and causing sudden climate changes and all the catastrophe that goes with it.

Get it wrong, and you may as well have had a supervolcano or nuclear winter or an asteroid strike.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join