It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheesy ScFi Television Series to escape the plandemic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was going to suggest V.

Not necessarily the TV series, but the miniseries, which I actually watched again a few weeks ago.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

It's not exactly cheesy, and not very old, but if you haven't seen The Lost Room, check it out.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Dr. Who with Tom Baker.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

originally posted by: research100
I remember earth 2 !! great first season and somehow season 2 went to heck in a handbasket and it got cancelled

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Was Earth 2 80s?? I remember watching it .... I swear it was 90s.

It did go south faster than a load of geese.

The reason It died and later Seaquest died was because it was put in a time slot they used to kill shows off,even popular ones.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Again, not cheesy, but Quantum Leap. I loved that show when it aired, and still love it, having the complete series.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Funny how they know to kill off shows that nobody knows about!

We are not to dream about the future in a way they do not want us too!!

PS - I loved the one where everyone was small in the body of a person on some kind of ship.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Dr. Who with Tom Baker.

Tom Baker is my Doctor but watching Peertwee DVDs I can appreciate the 3rd incarnation as well.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: yuppa

PS - I loved the one where everyone was small in the body of a person on some kind of ship.

Are you thinking of the movie Fantactic Voyage?

The TV Show would have been Land of the Giants.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If you can find it, I really liked Dark Angel when it was on. There is also Millennium, a lesser known answer to The X-Files.
edit on 18-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have Dark Angel and Millenium.

Millenium I've watched through at least three times, nice and dark.

I'll try Dark Angel tonight, nice one.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I've just finished season 1 of Futureman. It can be incredibly cheesy, but funny with it to.

Well worth a watch - going to watch the next season when I get a chance. Think Back to the Future with gore and cringeworthy jokes. It's on Amazon.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Stingray, baby.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Ahh, Marina , aqua Marina.

Reminds me of that Red Dwarf scene ...

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Dr Who for me.

I'm guided more by the monsters than the actor who happens to be portraying the doctor.

Cybermen and the Ice Warriors are my favourites. Not that keen on Daleks.

If you like the Cybermen stories, I recommend the very early ones from the 1960s - The Tenth Planet (1966) and The Tomb of The Cybermen (1967).

Quite scary, if you can suspend your disbelief.

Very alien and robotic compared with more recent incarnations.

Frightened the willies out of me when I was a nipper.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If you like the Ice Warriors, check out The Ice Warriors (1967) and The Seeds of Death (1969).

Unfortunately some episodes are missing from some of the stories due to the brilliant idea by BBC execs to delete them.

But The Seeds of Death and The Tomb of The Cybermen are intact.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Even though you know they are costumes they can still be intimidating

And not a sofa to hide behind in sight.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

1000x yes, love that miniseries.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Just skip the last 2 seasons. They said they wanted to take Dr Who and turn it into a show about diversity and inclusiveness. They did. Every episode they toiled endlessly to turn it into a PC paradise. Unfortunately all that forced inclusiveness left them no time to focus on characters and story. I won't even mention how their attempt at forced diversity destroyed the entire Dr Who origins.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Just skip the last 2 seasons. They said they wanted to take Dr Who and turn it into a show about diversity and inclusiveness. They did. Every episode they toiled endlessly to turn it into a PC paradise. Unfortunately all that forced inclusiveness left them no time to focus on characters and story. I won't even mention how their attempt at forced diversity destroyed the entire Dr Who origins.

Myself and a number of Friends (one couple having every DVD and a Tardis in their front room) have given up on the new series.

Its pushing an agenda that has no place in the Whoniverse.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Oh, don't talk to me about PC paradises. I'm doing an online course about equality & diversity...no choice, part of the job. Nothing in principle against the idea, but it's quite obvious that it promotes a platform for mass immigration and, hence, the importation of undesirables. No, no, no, no, no, no, no......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join