It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Firm Hackers Threaten to Release Dirt on Trump, Demand $42 Million

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

San Francisco: A hacking group which got access to secret data belonging to one of the premier media and entertainment law firms in the US representing top-notch celebrities has now threatened to reveal “dirty laundry” on President Donald Trump unless they are paid $42 million in a week.

Law Firm Hackers Threaten to Release Dirt on Trump, Demand $42 Million

I would love to know what is worth $42m as it sounds like the money will not be paid.

I believe it's also considered international terrorism of sorts and it is illegal for us citizens or companies to pay ransom in these cases.

if there is really dirt I can see it going away quickly through back channels or I can see some entities paying the ransom in order to obtain the dirt, in order to release it.

Seems like a popcorn week.

+39 more 
posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If there was any dirt on Trump the DNC would have bought it years ago.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phayte

It could also be partisan 'electioneering'. Using the same tactics of vague and unresolvable accusation, that he has used multiple times.

If they have dirt on the President, then a threat is fairly vacuous until the details are released.

Also, payment would be an admission of guilt.

Even if the President were squeaky clean, the only way out in a propaganda set-up such as this, is to successfully prosecute the hackers.

edit on 16/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Those Indian hackers at their old tricks yet again. lulz

I tried getting dirt on who owns India.com and it looks barren.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It must be the same people that make those Jamaican calls to me trying to sell me health insurance. Or maybe it is the same people who want me to buy car insurance from India somewhere. All trump has to do is tell them he does not have a credit card anymore and they will go away.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sounds like just more counter-rebuttals to "even" out the Biden and Obama scandals 😃

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
If there was any dirt on Trump the DNC would have bought it years ago.

Or a foreign/disenfranchised corp. This, honestly, sounds like way to little money for legitimate dirt on a sitting president.

If this was legit, pretty sure FB would have bought it after his last tweets. Walking money for them.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

If they've got dirt on him paying to retrieve it is no guarantee that it ends there , Special Operations inbound.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

lolololololololol

lololololol
lololololol

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

How do you know they haven't?

Maybe they don't release it because trump has dirt on them.
Keeping them both in check.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
At a glance you can tell it was solely politically motivated .

If lawfirmtocelebritiesdirt.com is what they say. It would have information on all of Hollywood and half of the politicians in the country .

Why would they single out Trump so boldly and loudly that everyone in the country knows ? That’s not how blackmail is done. In fact it defeats the purpose .

They could make pick up truck loads full of money with the same ransom demands if they privately threatened other potential victims.

That plan would also be low-keyed and more likely to succeed .

If this story is true financial rewards isn’t the motivation and if cash isn’t the motivation we would’ve already heard the news .

The bottom line is .

The whole story is a load of crap .

edit on 16-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Maybe they really do see his finance info and they know this is all trump can afford?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It's not just Trump that they're blackmailing/extorting.

Attorney Allen Grubman — the most prominent entertainment attorney in the world, whose firm represents stars including Lady Gaga, Madonna, Mariah Carey, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Priyanka Chopra and Bette Midler — was being shaken down by hackers who attacked his New York law firm for $21 million until today.

I guess the hackers didn't know what they had.

On Thursday, the hackers upped the ante by posting a chilling new message saying, “The ransom is now [doubled to] $42,000,000 … The next person we’ll be publishing is Donald Trump. There’s an election going on, and we found a ton of dirty laundry on time.”

They added, “Mr. Trump, if you want to stay president, poke a sharp stick at the guys, otherwise you may forget this ambition forever. And to you voters, we can let you know that after such a publication, you certainly don’t want to see him as president … The deadline is one week.
pagesix.com...

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: peck420

Maybe they really do see his finance info and they know this is all trump can afford?

His opponents certainly can afford it. If this is legitimate, I am pretty sure it would already be getting passed around en masse.

Like I said previously, this is a paltry amount of money for the proverbial keys to the castle.

edit on 16-5-2020 by peck420 because: Terrible sentce structure

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Attorney Allen Grubman — the most prominent entertainment attorney in the world, whose firm represents stars including Lady Gaga, Madonna, Mariah Carey, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Priyanka Chopra and Bette Midler — was being shaken down by hackers who attacked his New York law firm for $21 million until today.

On Thursday, the hackers upped the ante by posting a chilling new message saying, “The ransom is now [doubled to] $42,000,000 … The next person we’ll be publishing is Donald Trump. There’s an election going on, and we found a ton of dirty laundry on time.”

They added, “Mr. Trump, if you want to stay president, poke a sharp stick at the guys, otherwise you may forget this ambition forever. And to you voters, we can let you know that after such a publication, you certainly don’t want to see him as president … The deadline is one week.
pagesix.com...

oh noes 😱 we're so scared 🤭

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Do these hackers work for the US government like the ones that call me?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

If they've got dirt on him paying to retrieve it is no guarantee that it ends there , Special Operations inbound.

Totally agree with that. Blackmail a president and no negotiation and then what comes after you, you will only escape if you can get off the planet.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

pagesix.com...

oh noes 😱 we're so scared 🤭

LOL

I can't imagine anything that came out would change Trumpian dynamics. Even if there was a video of Trump on Epstein's Rape Island with a 12 year old, it wouldn't change anything.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
42 Million. I think this could be the joke here. According to Douglas Adams, the meaning of life was studied by a huge computer that toiled for years and years to find the meaning of life and when finally the study came to an end, the answer was 42.

So this sounds like a joke to me.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Pfffft

Release it

Whatever a gutless left-wing pussy calls “dirt”, most certainly will amount to absolutely nothing g whatsoever

Another total failure by the left. What a surprise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join