It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Birx Urge CDC To Revise Death Toll

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice to get the ACTUAL number?

REPORT: Trump, Birx Urge CDC To Revise Down Total Coronavirus Death Count

Trump has called on the CDC to rework how states report their individual coronavirus deaths to the federal government, and Birx specifically asked the CDC to exclude deaths of individuals who have not tested positive for coronavirus and deaths in confirmed cases not immediately attributable to the disease

SOURCE

If they comply we should see a YUGE drop in the number of Covid deaths.

+9 more 
posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

They don't know the actual numbers.
Hospitals are reporting everything as covid 19 because the bill gets paid by the government.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They don't know the actual numbers.
Hospitals are reporting everything as covid 19 because the bill gets paid by the government.

Evidently, Birx feels the same way.
This was taken from the linked article above:

In recent days, Birx has suggested that the CDC is over reporting coronavirus deaths by as much as 25 percent. She allegedly told CDC Director Robert Redfield at a task force meeting that “there is nothing from the CDC that [she] can trust.”

Go figure....

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Does it matter if the CDC numbers are 10 or 20 thousand more or less than reported? Dead people are dead.

Also, the CDC figures are only echoing the numbers that are given to them from the individual state health departments, and they're getting those number from hospitals and nursing homes only. There are no numbers that reflect people who died from the virus at home.

In summary, we'll never know the actual numbers. The best we can do is look back, five years from now, and analyze populations statistics, trends of births and deaths.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be nice to get the ACTUAL number?

It would be. If I were to guess, the death toll would drop by ~ 30-50% if they comply.
However, I doubt they even know the actual number.

edit on 13/5/2020 by Anon283799 because: edit

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They've been tainting the numbers since day1.

All planned coincidences of course !!

I bet the flu death numbers are more accurate !!

Something wong (pun intended)🤧🤫😷

[:...👁️👃👁️...:]

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I can't understand why the flu deaths have never mandated lockdowns like the COVID19 has !!

Very perplexing isn't it 🎱😈🎱

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

When blame is being placed I would say the numbers are very important.

Add to that the second round coming this fall and the reaction it will receive.
If the numbers prove that the danger was exaggerated then it will change the handling later.

+5 more 
posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I don't think it matters at all, unless you want to know the truth or something. Crazy, I know.

link   

It's kind of hard to get a true count of Covid-19 deaths when you listen to your own governor reluctantly admit that if someone gets killed in a car accident and tests positive for the virus the death is officially counted as Covid-19. I also hate that testing is just being used to up the numbers to get more federal money. Our state was in the dumpster financially before the virus and they are trying to use the situation for a money grab to save the state pension system, which is why I was so disappointed when Mitch McConnell back tracked on his stance of no federal bailouts to save state pension plans that were already screwed before the virus. I guess our governor found some dirt on him to change his mind.

link   

That's actually following the guidelines. I don't know why they have not followed guidelines up until now.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I can't understand why the flu deaths have never mandated lockdowns like the COVID19 has !

Because we have vaccinations for the flu. This isn't a flu.

You know, the common cold is a corona virus, and they never found a vaccine for the common cold. But, the common cold isn't lethal. Covid 19 is, and way more contagious than the common cold.

a reply to: Bluntone22

When blame is being placed I would say the numbers are very important.

Really? How many Americans died in Benghazi?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I don't think it matters at all, unless you want to know the truth or something. Crazy, I know.

Trump and Birx aren't looking for the truth. LOL

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

It does matter because that was part of the reasoning to shutting down states and in effect, the economy.

I agree with you about finding the trend numbers when the become available.

As it sits now, cancer, heart disease and stroke are all down double digit percentages. This would be miraculous.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
On second thought, that probably came off worse than I wanted it to. I'm deleting it.
edit on 13-5-2020 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It does matter because that was part of the reasoning to shutting down states and in effect, the economy.

Trump extolls thousands of lives saved by banning Chinese nationals from entering the US in January. How many lives, then, must have been saved from stay at home orders for millions of people?

Again, I think the leaning toward counting CV deaths of cancer patients, for example, is fair when considering the unknown number of at home CV deaths. If a cancer patient died in a car accident on their way to chemo therapy, the death cert will list the car accident as the cause of death, not cancer. If Covid takes a cancer patient before their time, it's a Covid death, in my opinion.

edit on 13-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yeah vaccines and still deaths more than covid19 so far !!

Why is that? 🥳

Everything is rigged for political advantage !! 🥳

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: JinMI

If a cancer patient died in a car accident on their way to chemo therapy, the death cert will list the car accident as the cause of death, not cancer. If Covid takes a cancer patient before their time, it's a Covid death, in my opinion.

You're comparing apples to doughnuts here....

You actually agree with whom you are arguing with.

If BOTH died in a car accident, the death should be labeled what? The illness or the car?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

And, that is the way it is. If a cancer patient or a Covid 19 patient dies in car accident, then the cause of death is the car accident. Prove to me otherwise. Prove to me that automobile accident deaths are being recorded as Covid 19 deaths.

Now, if a cancer patient doing reasonable well succumbs to Covid 19, I believe that should be listed as a Covid 19 death.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I remember reading that in January and February of this year, flu deaths were twice what they were the previous year.

Here it is...www.sacbee.com...
edit on 13-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join