It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus Check Calculator

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
On multiple threads on here I have seen people state the following or some variation on it "I don't know if I am getting a stimulus check"

It's not hard to figure out folks.

You can read about it by going to any of the hundreds of links out there like this: www.kiplinger.com...

If you dont want to read about it then you can use any of the official calculators out there to determine if you are getting one:
www.kiplinger.com...

edit on 14-4-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

There's an IRS site which has a link that is supposed to launch this Friday where you can provide an updated address if you've moved since last filing, or provide direct deposit info if they don't have it already.

Oops - here's the link that has those links in them. The "Get my Deposit" link where you can provide Direct Deposit info is the part that's not up yet IRS LinkyPoo
edit on 4/14/2020 by dogstar23 because: Forgot to include link

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

For those that had direct deposit set up, they should be getting it soon. Woke up to mine in my account, luckily my wife and I file jointly otherwise I would have received nothing. It's just going right back to the government in the form of a tax payment.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
One report I read is it's not a stimulus check. It's called something else. Stimulus is the world being used by email scammers because they are too dumb to know the official name. I personally don't care. Not getting anything and even if I was I live debt free so the money would just sit there.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I had someone tell me it is like an advance on 2021 tax refunds....don't know about that as I asked them for the tax code and they couldn't follow through.

The way I see it, if it is not taxed and is non-taxable income this is just me, a US citizen, getting more money back from the income taxes stolen from me.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
One report I read is it's not a stimulus check. It's called something else. Stimulus is the world being used by email scammers because they are too dumb to know the official name. I personally don't care. Not getting anything and even if I was I live debt free so the money would just sit there.

The technical name is Economic Impact Payment but that that report you read is wrong then if they are claiming stimulus is just used by scammers.

This is literally taken from the IRS web site , "The payments, also referred to by some as stimulus payments, are automatic for most taxpayers."

www.irs.gov...

Debt free or not doesn't matter , not everyone has the same life variables.

Some people actually need this money to help them out with hardships caused by the COVID response. Some people will waste the money on drugs. Some people will use it so they can eat.

Everyone has a different story and for the people where this amount will make a difference I am glad they are getting it.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

"Revocation information for the certificate of this site is not available. Do you wish to continue?

Yes...No

Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Mine is already pending to be deposited in my bank account tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

"Revocation information for the certificate of this site is not available. Do you wish to continue?

Yes...No

Just sayin'.

Just sayin what?

That's an old issue around SSL which has reared its head recently due to a few different things like TLS version depreciation and doesn't always indicate a security issue.

If you are implying that the IRS or the other site linked is not secure then don't go there, browse to them directly or search for any one of the multitude of other alternative sites that provide the same info. =)
edit on 14-4-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Why can't people just take out a bank loan. That's what I did in the mid 90's when Bill Clinton put a hold on GI Bill Payments to balance the budget. I took out a loan and paid it off. Sad part is there was no outrage when that went down.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So a single filer , no kids and with zero income gets the whole $1200 .

“Only in America”

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Honestly, I don't know (what I was just sayin'). It was just an alert which came up when I tried to go to that link.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Why can't people just take out a bank loan. That's what I did in the mid 90's when Bill Clinton put a hold on GI Bill Payments to balance the budget. I took out a loan and paid it off. Sad part is there was no outrage when that went down.

Because most banks aren't taking face to face customers right now, and too many Americans have poor or no credit?

originally posted by: Fallingdown

“Only in America”

People with zero income don't file taxes.

link   

“Only in America”

America is notorious for punishing people who play by the rules. The whole system is designed to financially flog and politically ignore them. Everyone should get a check. A large segment of society is depleting their personal savings. Another segment doesn't have any savings or maybe not even a job before all this went down.

link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Free money, man!

Don'tcha know the stuff just grows on trees now????

Where ya' been, man??? Get with the 21st Century, dude!

Free lunches for everyone!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Loans can be applied for online. I bought a car several years ago online. Got the loan in one day. I was looking at taking out a home improvement loan. Ended up not doing it but they said I qualified in 24 hrs. Not buying the face to face criteria.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The dope dealers are going to be happy .

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The dope dealers are going to be happy .

It would be interesting to see where the money actually goes. Track it like cell phones. I bet over 20% of it goes to illegal drugs. Another 20% to random crap that nobody needs and some of it stuck in video poker machines.

Willing to bet less than half of it will be used as originally intended to actually help people with real quality of life problems.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
and too many Americans have poor or no credit?

Ummm... whose fault is that?

People with zero income don't file taxes.

So... maybe they should consider getting a job and acquiring some income?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yup the vast majority will be blown like a sailor and a whorehouse .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join