It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: doggodlol
a reply to: tanstaafl
think you will find a virus will show more death in the weak more as they have weaker immune systems, it will also kill many ppl who's immune system is strong

Haven't seen any proof, or even strong evidence of that yet...

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
What is the significance of higher IL levels?

Those are the proteins that "turn on" the immune system response in a healthy immune system... and go out of whack in a cytokene storm.

One of them in particular seems to be the "early warning system" that your immune system is going into "hysterical overload." So if they can suppress it before it reaches that peak, they may be able to stop a cytokene storm in its tracks.

Thanks Byrd! I appreciate the information.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Brick17

Agree with every word you have just posted

Stay safe, stay calm.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: doggodlol
think you will find a virus will show more death in the weak more as they have weaker immune systems, it will also kill many ppl who's immune system is strong

Haven't seen any proof, or even strong evidence of that yet...

well come back in 12 months when the evidence is there.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brick17
a reply to: angelchemuel
This virus is too 'strange' and seems to be reeking havoc across the world. It could be a new form of war by other means in order to achieve a certain amount of goals.

It is, just not what you are thinking.

While I'm convinced the virus is likely real, there are far fewer deaths from it than are being pushed.

This is a psyop, nothing more. All of the evidence is there, you just have to look.
edit on 16-4-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Maryland talking of limiting your shopping to certain days.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

ure in the usa where deaths atm might be lower here in the uk theres 13,729 deaths recorded, that's just in hospital the ons figures from 3rd april gave a extra 6k deaths recorded.

its on the bbc now the deaths at march 31 was 1900 odd the ons figures during that time was 4000
edit on 16-4-2020 by doggodlol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
ok look at Andorra and San Marion figures and death toll

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 16/4/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Europe Numbers Update, and elsewhere :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Okey, here's another update for NY. We were at 218707 around noon, now we are at 226343:
www.worldometers.info...

www.wktv.com...

UTICA, N.Y. – Two more Oneida County residents have died from coronavirus, and 10 more positive test results were reported on Thursday. Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente also announced a potential exposure advisory regarding a person with coronavirus who visited two county establishments last week. The infected person, who is not a resident of Oneida County, was at the Big Lots on Erie Boulevard in Rome between 3 and 4 p.m., and the Nicky Doodles on Route 365 in Verona at an undetermined time on April 8.
With the 10 new cases Thursday, there have been 249 positive cases reported in Oneida County

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hello brick - I really appreciate your updates and although I am a 'low post member' I have been here for many years and read ATS every day.

I live on the Isle Of Wight and run the Islands Covid19 helpline, working for a charity, mainly helping get people essential food and medication delivered.

I've had quite a few clients pass away and many in desperate need for help.

Initially when Tennisdawg was posting I considered him to be just guessing and trying to be something he is not. As time goes on I suspect he was onto something although not all of his comments have panned out.

I've followed the Covid19 threads from the start and read them all.

I'm posting on my phone and have limited resources but wondered if anyone on the ATS community would be able to please create a Tennisdawg thread, posting all the information he mentioned. We can then discuss it and read it all in one place.

Would anyone please be able to put in the time to do this? I think it would be really useful.

Once again Brick - love your posts and updates. The only update I can give here is that our island is special, slightly different to mainland and we have a larger older population. At the moment our hospital, with help from the army and contractors have managed to convert 3 hospital wards for supporting Covid19 patients.

We are limited with our resources on this island and are all working together to help the most vulnerable. I talk every day to residents who are isolating but with limited food and medication, trying to get support in place for these people.

Please is anyone out there who has the time to make a Tennisdawg thread with the information he has posted?

I would like to thank ATS for allowing me and my family to purchase the masks needed, food and make preparation for this current crisis. As a result my family and even neighbours are now in a safer position with the correct equipment.

I'm pleased the army are here helping and how that we do not get overloaded with our small hospital. I have found it very hard supporting our residents through this and imagine this will go on for some time.

Please can we have a Tennisdawg thread with his posts added for reference?

Kind regards,

Diamond geezur.

a reply to: angelchemuel

Thanks. If anything does change I'll post here.

Tennisdawg came from the US, he informed us about this virus and a wee bit about how it works/affects people before it was known anywhere else and what he mentioned has become known since. Whoever he is, I believe him and I understand his need to remain vague about who he is. So if you are still about Tennisdawg, stay safe Bonny lad.

I am convinced that many governments from the more advanced nations know much more than they are letting be known. Many governments have access to Intel of all kinds that will never be released to the public. This virus is too 'strange' and seems to be reeking havoc across the world. It could be a new form of war by other means in order to achieve a certain amount of goals. That's how I am looking at it. Or just an accident, got loose by pure chance. Or I'm totally wrong and it's zoological, which makes us all really unlucky (us being a virus and Mother Nature taking a wee time out to recover). Or I could discard all that and take the conspiracy route which can take any number of paths, some more plausible than others. Although I find them interesting and some more plausible than others (5G no, it cause health issues I have no doubt but I don't believe is connected to the virus); the more plausible are connected will Bill Gates. But personally I believe it's man made, just don't know if it was released on purpose, by accident or a third party. It's either that or natural. Just my thoughts.

Take care.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Update: Tokyo April 16, 2020 time: morning

This is just a small update, but its important to read it due to some facts that pertain to a world-wide situation.

1. an estimation of 400,000 people will die in Japan if "social distance" is not enforced
2. the big problem of "social distance" is that millions take the subway and trains
3. unless people start going to work by bicycle, this "social distancing " on the subways and trains is not going to work
4. remember I suggested buying bicycles (gas stations may close due to people being ill)
5. ambulances in Tokyo have been turned away from many hospitals
6. tourism is off by 95% in many places
7. tourist towns are like evening ghost towns now
8. theme park districts are all closed ( a few are still open, depends on location though, but attendance is way down)
9. Japan is on the "brink" (no sure why the govt. said that )
10. this is an estimate: ages 15 to 64 over 200,000 will get infected, 65 years and over there is no limit of how to guess the infections , but its being said "650,000". wow and this was on TV
11. one MUST distance themselves of 2 meter and never be with one for more then 30 minutes
12. it is now known it only takes 30 or less minutes to get infected by another infected person when close contact (just think of the subways here)
13. 127 new cases of infection in Tokyo
14. nearly 8700 cases of known infections in Japan
15. 180 have died ( I truly don't believe that is the case )
16. 901 people have improved and left the hospitals
17. this is the new world: Toshiba & Co. suspends its production, closes its doors from April 20 till approx. May 6. 76000 employees will be affected now ( I believe this is world-wide )
18. Ambulance new:
110 ambulances have been turned away in one day
80 ambulances have been turned away in one day
931 ambulances have been turned away last month
830 ambulances have been turned away ( I think this is for this month so far)
What the above should mean to us it that the patients in these ambulances might be corona virus infected and the hospitals here CAN NOT treat such patients. Not all patients in ambulances are infected, but... hospitals are taking no chances
19. Japanese hospitals CAN NOT handle the load of corona virus infected patients in the near future.

Not a very good update, but there you have it.

People, its best to some form of face protection, and although the news isn't telling you to wear eye wear, I would not be going outdoors also without eye wear, very important.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Diamondgeezur

Thanks mate. You are doing an awesome job, remember that. It's because of people like you, who are willing to step up and do what's needed in such a time like this, that the situation is not as bad as it otherwise could be. Hats off to you and respect.

I have seen a thread where another poster has listed all of Tennisdawgs posts. I cat find it now as I can't be bothered to scroll through these pages without knowing where to start lol.

Hang on in there mate. You are doing a great thing for your family, community and people. You should be proud. Even on those days that are hard and dark, soldier on and fight through because it's you doing what needs to be done and not the ones critizing. Those type of people are too weak and selfish to matter, ignore them with the contempt they deserve.

Stay safe and soldier on. Courage in Adversity my friend.

edit on 16-4-2020 by Brick17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
From the Guardian Article :

" Bolsonaro fires popular health minister after dispute over coronavirus response "

Luiz Mandetta's Tweet :

“I have just received notice of my dismissal from President Jair Bolsonaro. I would like to say thank you for the opportunity that was given to me, to manage our health service … and to plan our fight against the coronavirus epidemic, this great challenge that our health system is about to face,”

Tweet

From the Article :

Earlier this month research by one of Brazil’s top pollsters showed 76% of Brazilians backed the health ministry’s response to coronavirus under Mandetta while only 33% backed Bolsonaro’s.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Thanks mate. You are doing an awesome job, remember that. It's because of people like you, who are willing to step up and do what's needed in such a time like this, that the situation is not as bad as it otherwise could be. Hats off to you and respect.

I have seen a thread where another poster has listed all of Tennisdawgs posts. I cat find it now as I can't be bothered to scroll through these pages without knowing where to start lol.

Hang on in there mate. You are doing a great thing for your family, community and people. You should be proud. Even on those days that are hard and dark, soldier on and fight through because it's you doing what needs to be done and not the ones critizing. Those type of people are too weak and selfish to matter, ignore them with the contempt they deserve.

Stay safe and soldier on. Courage in Adversity my friend.

I don't think you can no longer find it. If I remember correctly DTOM made a statement about the thread you are mentioning it and said it was against TOS and deleted the whole shibang . So I think its useless to try to find the thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Thanks for your Posts Brick17.
We all appreciate what you do, and the info you post here.

There was a post that had a link that accumulated all of Tennisdawgs posts, either this thread, or near the end of the last thread (5).

Will try to have a look, but i'm sure the person who posted it will read your message, and re-post

Edit : OK, found the info, but doesn't seem to be postable to the forum.
Will ask for a PM to Diamondgeezur.
edit on 16-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Paper: Remdisivir is a good candidate for clinical trials

Paper's title Clinical benefit of remdesivir in rhesus macaques infected with SARS-CoV-2

bioRxiv's warning statement (emphasis mine)
bioRxiv is receiving many new papers on coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. A reminder: these are preliminary reports that have not been peer-reviewed. They should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or be reported in news media as established information.

Comment There was an article I ran across earlier this week about Gilead's Remdesivir; this is apparently the study that sparked the article.

definition (this gets complicated) "nucleotide" - a "clump" of molecules that are the basic building blocks of DNA and RNA. "Prodrug" - a medication or compound that your body converts (via metabolism) into a pharmacologically active drug

Full abstract

Abstract
Background: Effective therapeutics to treat COVID-19 are urgently needed. Remdesivir is a nucleotide prodrug with in vitro and in vivo efficacy against coronaviruses. Here, we tested the efficacy of remdesivir treatment in a rhesus macaque model of SARS-CoV-2 infection. Methods: To evaluate the effect of remdesivir treatment on SARS-CoV-2 disease outcome, we used the recently established rhesus macaque model of SARS-CoV-2 infection that results in transient lower respiratory tract disease. Two groups of six rhesus macaques were infected with SARS-CoV-2 and treated with intravenous remdesivir or an equal volume of vehicle solution once daily. Clinical, virological and histological parameters were assessed regularly during the study and at necropsy to determine treatment efficacy. Results: In contrast to vehicle-treated animals, animals treated with remdesivir did not show signs of respiratory disease and had reduced pulmonary infiltrates on radiographs. Virus titers in bronchoalveolar lavages were significantly reduced as early as 12hrs after the first treatment was administered. At necropsy on day 7 after inoculation, lung viral loads of remdesivir-treated animals were significantly lower and there was a clear reduction in damage to the lung tissue. Conclusions: Therapeutic remdesivir treatment initiated early during infection has a clear clinical benefit in SARS-CoV-2-infected rhesus macaques. These data support early remdesivir treatment initiation in COVID-19 patients to prevent progression to severe pneumonia.

TRANSLATION:
Remdesvir is a drug commonly used to deliver ..."magic bullet" nucleotides... for other coronaviruses. It works both in the lab and in animal models and in humans. Rhesus macaques (which you may know from "Rh factor") are important animals in medicine and biology (poor creatures... a discussion for a different place, however) and were used in remdesvir research for the Zika virus and in MERS, among other things.

Two groups of monkeys were infected with the Covid-19 virus and were given intravenous solutions daily (double-blind test. No one working with the animals or recording the data knew which subjects got the placebo and which got the drug.) They were monitored throughout the trial (and, sad to say, destroyed at the end of it... because there's no way of telling how long the infection will stay with the animal and it can infect humans and other animals. The bodies are cremated in a medical crematorium after samples are taken.) (sorry for the grim take, here, but that's actually what the abstract both says and implies.)

The results of this trial are that animals given remdesvir did not develop pneumonia and that remdesvir appeared to "knock down" the pneumonia in its early stages and reduced damage to the lungs. They conclude that this drug can prevent Covid-19 from developing into pneumonia in rhesus monkeys and believe that based on this it can help prevent lung damage and pneumonia in humans.

The next phase will be to try and get approval and get some sort of clinical trial. This is more likely to be done in an European country, where their system works to help drugs get approved much faster than the US system does.

(for further reading (or eye-straining) Minireview: Nucleotide prodrugs)
edit on 16-4-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yeah I agree - TD mentioned many things in his posts - like offshore quarantining including the use of possible islands off the coast of the US, it is spread without symptoms, an artificial strand, and that there will be 3 waves and more
He was asked to draft plans for a 5000 bed facility and when back when he posted what he said seemed quite out there as it hadn't even really hit Europe or the US. And a lot of what he says is right.

He also said it would lead to a 'wartime event between the two biggest players in the world'.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

cycles

edit on 16-4-2020 by cirrus12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2020 by cirrus12 because: more info

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I collated all the posts from TD and took the time to then make a thread but this was deleted by ATS as you are not allowed to start a thread about member's posts. DTOM or MODS - is there a way around this so we can easily discuss the posts from this member? It's not the member per se we want to discuss, it's the content!
There are many but spread throughout 2000 pages lol so it's hard to find all the info in one place.

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join