It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus: Ofcom formally probes David Icke TV interview

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TotoMesch

London Live TV
www.londonlive.co.uk...
Sky Channel 117
Virgin Channel 159
Freeview Channel 8

London Live prompts inquiry after showing virus conspiracy theories
Local TV station showed clips of David Icke claiming coronavirus was part of plot by governments

www.theguardian.com...

www.thetimes.co.uk...

The one hour 45 minute interview with Icke, who has falsely claimed that 5G causes Covid-19, is a version of a longer exchange that was banned by YouTube on Monday.

www.politicshome.com... terview

Culture Secretary slams TV station for promoting ‘lunatic conspiracy theories’ after David Icke coronavirus interview

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has called on the broadcast watchdog to take action against a TV station for allowing David Icke to promote “lunatic conspiracy theories” about the coronavirus pandemic.

London Live has come under fire for giving the former BBC presenter - who has claimed the world is run by giant shape-shifting lizards - a platform to air his controversial views.

Mr Icke, who was banned from Australia last year over accusations of anti-semitism, appeared on the capital’s TV station on Wednesday night, accusing Israel of “using coronavirus to test its technology”

London Love TV station broadcast the vast majority of the interview that was originally seen on YouTube and then taken down.

So it was shown on TV.
What point were you trying to make?

I do think Icke talks absolute bollocks most of the time and I think I made it perfectly clear that I in no way support efforts to stop him, or anyone else, voicing their opinion regardless of how stupid I think it is.
And I think its appalling that the government are trying to pressurise TV stations and other outlets into not broadcasting 'lunatic conspiracy theories'.
It is imperative that we do not allow the government to use this lockdown as an opportunity to needlessly or nefariously introduce legislation and/or measures that impact our rights.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
I have virgin and it turns out that there is no channel 159..... not on my box, I just checked.

How strange?

edit on 9-4-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
OFCOM the watchdog whose members are almost all BBC directors or ex BBC directors...very impartial

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

OFCOM the watchdog whose members are almost all BBC directors or ex BBC directors..

Who are in turn appointed by the government.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The strikes me as a fun one.

I haven't seen Ickes interview as I do not see the content as relevant to the censorship principle.

Ofcom have the power to withdraw a stations licence to broadcast, but only after an offending broadcast has been made.

All the same the power is a pretty strong incentive not to broadcast in the first place.

So, Ofcom can censor broadcasters.

The Icke investigation is being conducted as a matter of "urgency", following 40 (forty) complaints against LondonLive.

Ofcomm threatened to investigate ITV after comments made by Piers Morgan caused 1600 complaints. The investigation was avoided by ITV making a public apology a month later.

So let's see what "urgency" means to Ofcom.

Also the BBC suggest the Ofcom action is a reaction to YouTubes imposition of "stricter disinformation rules" following a similar, but later, Icke interview.

So, stepping through a portal of reality, is this the first skirmish for control over censorship policy in the UK - Google or the Institutions?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
OFCOM, another quango filled with selected individuals who are there to protect the official narrative.

I’ve listened to a lot of what David Icle has said over the years and it is really heavy going. He doesn’t do sound bites , he actually goes into detail, a lot. Maybe that’s what they are upset about?

I’m not an advocate of David Icke by any stretch, but he has been right on a number of things. I listened to some of this interview as it was shared on a number of social media platforms, but they were removed after a short period.

The problem is, whether you agree with him or not, when freedom of speech is suppressed it’s a removal of one of our fundamental values. How can we expect anyone to embrace our fundamental values if we start policing content beyond hate speech?

I work in vocational training and we are being instructed by our government to promote these values in order to teach young people what life in a democratic society is all about, and to deter them from becoming radicalised, in turn prevent them from becoming future terrorists. If I am asked about this, and I could well be, I will have to be honest and advise that this is an erosion of freedom of speech.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The entire mainstream media complex is in lockstep. That right there shows you they had it all planned.

Bill Gates is now the King of the World and pushing his digital tattoo into you. That is why the mainstream media has been pushing tattoos for a couple generations. They had all their trendy pop stars getting tattoos so your kids would too. Now they can get the Mark Of The Bill Gates. How cool and trendy and like savey the worldish.

Joe Rogan is now toeing the line his masters have drawn in the hipster video sand. You thought Joe Rogan was uber cool and such a trendy pothead? Nope. Just a shill for the Mark Of The Bill Gates. Old Billy Boy controls the gates now. He'll let you in or out or just toss you in the ovens.

This is all getting to be real obvious real fast.

At this point, the United States is fully waiting for President Trump to do the right thing.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

They want the internet now. They literally want you to be unable to upload to the internet. They can't stand the fact that somebody can speak their mind. You must obey the official narrative, get the tattoo Mark Of The Bill Gates, turn yourself off and then on again each day and reboot yourself to the head or else starve in your prison home. If you're lucky enough to get into a Google Car and access the Google Net then you'll find yourself going down the road to the ovens.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hungry? Do you want food? Well then GO!

GO, the Google Oven, will serve you!

Step into the Google Car now! Watch your fingers. Watch your toes. The Google Car is ready to go! Please enjoy the ride.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

There should be laws passed in all democracies, that anyone who takes any step toward suppressing free speech should automatically be assumed tobe a terrorist with access to weapons of mass destruction and intent to use said weapons on the populace.

Said person(s) should then be required to declare their intent as traitors to their countrymen and self-immolate publicly. If they do not, they should be subjected to 20 years of torture before being killed in the most horrific way possible.

I would honestly rather have a terrorist with a gun loose than a freedom-hating enemy of the people in a position of power. They should be treated like what they are - our worst and most dangerous enemies.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Kenzo

It`s time to start Yellow vests movement in UK if they are seriously now trying to supress freedom of speech

They've been doing that for years but as long as people have their soap opera's and reality shows to watch the masses don't realize or care what is happening.

Well my mrs' favourite soap opera is not producing daily episodes right now so in short, us men are f#cked for that daily break.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Never used Freeview and I don't have Virgin.
But I do have Sky and use it all the time.
Sky Channel 117 is Tyne and Wear TV so I guess its for local TV stations.

Maybe someone living in the London area could confirm this?

Go to London Live's website and it shows what channels it can be viewed on.

All those media outlets, and many, many more, reported that the interview was broadcast on London Live TV.
Are you suggesting there is some sort of conspiracy with all these newspapers, blogs, TV and news stations lying about the interview being broadcast on TV?

Why?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The interview was the same old Dave Icke: angry and a religious-like devotion to his conspiracy theory.

He mentioned that he had predicted for decades that they want to abolish money. He thinks that is one of the reasons for this power grab.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The interview was the same old Dave Icke: angry and a religious-like devotion to his conspiracy theory.

He mentioned that he had predicted for decades that they want to abolish money. He thinks that is one of the reasons for this power grab.

And is he wrong?

Edit to add: If you come up with a reasoned answer to that question then I will be shocked.

😲
edit on 942020 by Wide-Eyes because: ☝

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yeah, a lot of his prediction’s haven’t panned out but some of them have to a degree

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yeah, a lot of his prediction’s haven’t panned out but some of them have to a degree

So he's wrong then?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

So he's wrong then?

Yeah I get this all the time.

"So if you know so much then why aren't you rich?" sort of reasoning coming from the shallow thinkers.

You could be wrong a thousand times, keep trying, keep learning and then get it right. Like the invention of the light bulb.

Oh, but if you ever say something that doesn't pan out, then you're a conspiracy kook.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I firmly believe that anyone who wants to be a politician should be automatically barred from being one.

Freedom of speech must be protected at all costs.

I'm no rabid pro-Constitution American who believes the preservation of our 'rights' comes before anything and everything else.
Of course public health during this current pandemic HAS to be the number one priority.

But, and its as big a but as it can possibly be, we have to safeguard against any dilution of our freedoms and the current situation does not in any way justify preventing people from saying and broadcasting what they believe.

Which is one of the reasons I'm finding it hard to understand why someone would fixate on the relatively unimportant issue of whether this interview was broadcast on TV - which it was - rather than on the much bigger issue of the possibility of the government, via Ofcom, trying to stop people from voicing their opinion.

If allowed where would this stop?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I have no doubt we are moving towards a cashless society - and I assure you that would be highly inconvenient for me personally - but I don't think that's one of the primary issues behind the current situation.

However, I'm not that naive though to understand that there is the possibility that TPTB will use the current situation to hurry the process up and to use it to further other ends.

And that is the reason we must ensure that we protect our freedom of speech etc and that the lockdown and other measures imposed are relaxed as soon as possible.
Any unnecessary extension of these measures can not be tolerated.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Like the best way to eat an elephant, it'll be done bit by bit.

Fair enough mate and look forward to your thoughts on it.

Amidst the speculation I thought some very pertinent points were made - especially about specific organisations and individuals.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join