It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have All the Heart Attacks Gone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

What is striking is that many of the emergencies have disappeared. Heart attack and stroke teams, always poised to rush in and save lives, are mostly idle. This is not just at my hospital. My fellow cardiologists have shared with me that their cardiology consultations have shrunk, except those related to Covid-19. In an informal Twitter poll by @angioplastyorg, an online community of cardiologists, almost half of the respondents reported that they are seeing a 40 percent to 60 percent reduction in admissions for heart attacks; about 20 percent reported more than a 60 percent reduction.

And this is not a phenomenon specific to the United States. Investigators from Spain reported a 40 percent reduction in emergency procedures for heart attacks during the last week of March compared with the period just before the pandemic hit.

And it may not just be heart attacks and strokes. Colleagues on Twitter report a decline in many other emergencies, including acute appendicitis and acute gall bladder disease.

DDG Search

This is interesting.

Remember what we heard at the start of all this. It is only the flu.

What if it is only the flu, heart attacks, strokes or any death that can be blamed on the virus.

Stats for NYC deaths, week by week for this year and last year would be interesting to look at.

I still think there is a virus out there, better safe than sorry and all that.

But I am starting to have doubts, something ain't right....

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What if the Spanish flu, ebola, yellow fever, black death we blamed for every death as well? So what's your theory on this "flu" remaining so rampant into April. It normally has retreated in wait for the next flu season by now. you should lead the way and lick yah a toilet bowl just to prove life should commence as before. All these dying people would have died anyway.

These its just the flu (now heart attack, cancer, gunshot, and traffic accident fatalities overwhelming the hospitals are just happening all at the same time theorist make the theorist strange bedfellows of the democratic party. You only see such ignorance spewing from the mouths of the dems.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

We have data for Italy. It seems about the only way to count this is "excess deaths". If you have a city, state, etc that has consistant death rate averages for years and "suddenly" you have a much higher number, you can calcualte the difference.

Italy's total death rate is up 20%. In the hardest hit area of Lombardy, it is up 80% and that was 3 weeks ago.

reason.com...

We May Be Underestimating the Coronavirus Death Toll
www.bloomberg.com...

Last week, two researchers from northern Italy made this point forcefully when looking at Nembro, a small town near Bergamo that has been very severely hit by the outbreak. Writing in Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera they found there had been 158 deaths in the town in 2020 so far, as opposed to 35 on average in the previous five years. They noted that Nembro had only counted 31 deaths from Covid-19, which looks like an underestimate.

In other towns nearby, including Bergamo itself, the trend seemed identical. The researchers made the point that the only reliable indicator in the end will be “excess deaths” — namely, how many more people have died in total compared to a “normal” year.

edit on 7-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Heart attacks occur on a regular basis, and if a person has a heart attack and is diagnosed with covid, the disease could be said to blame. Not all people have a fever with Covid. Congestive heart failure would have some of the symptoms of covid, a doctor could mistake it for covid if they were looking for covid. There were no tests, and now that there are tests, they are supposed to culture the corpse, but that would prove the doctors were possibly barking up the wrong tree. So, if there was a diagnosis of Covid before the death, tested or not, they do not need to do a post mortem test for covid....they say it would be wasting a test. so they do not have to.

If it is diagnosed as covis, no matter what the cause of death, it is considered covid related so it is considered covid.

Those are the rules they need to follow. Some of the people dying may not even have covid but once there are lots of tests available, they will start testing everyone even those who they think have covid and this will flatten the curve and the Heart attack and thrombosis lung scarring will be classified correctly.

Heart attacks have gone down since the eighties when they started brewing coffee with paper filters too, the turpines stick to the filter, one of which is quinine. Hydroxoquinine does not have as much of a heart attack risk rate as the chloroquinine or quinine do. I learned that from what I saw in a video from a doctor using hydroxochlorine to treat lupus and RA patients. It was on a Dr. Oz show today or yesterday.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Everyone feels it, something is not right with all of this. Many people I’ve spoken with say they believe they had Covid in Dec/January, but of course they were not testing for it then.
Another friend thinks that some of the vaping illness going around last year was actually covid19.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Where have all the Flu deaths gone ?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Maybe the Covid has a healing effect on all other ailments, and its just getting a bad rap? Maybe it is the key to eternal life

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, Covid 19 is causing heart damage and cardiac arrest. Most people are unaware of this.

Mysterious Heart Damage, Not Just Lung Troubles, Befalling COVID-19 Patients

khn.org...

In addition to lung damage, many COVID-19 patients are also developing heart problems — and dying of cardiac arrest.

As more data comes in from China and Italy, as well as Washington state and New York, more cardiac experts are coming to believe the COVID-19 virus can infect the heart muscle. An initial study found cardiac damage in as many as 1 in 5 patients, leading to heart failure and death even among those who show no signs of respiratory distress.

That work has already resulted in changes in the way hospitals deal with the cardiac implications of COVID-19. Doctors have found that the infection can mimic a heart attack. They have taken patients to the cardiac catheterization lab to clear a suspected blockage, only to find the patient wasn’t really experiencing a heart attack but had COVID-19.

Jorde said that after COVID-19 patients recover, they could have long-term effects from such heart damage.

edit on 7-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Well, Covid 19 is causing heart damage and cardiac arrest. Most people are unaware of this.

Mysterious Heart Damage, Not Just Lung Troubles, Befalling COVID-19 Patients

khn.org...

In addition to lung damage, many COVID-19 patients are also developing heart problems — and dying of cardiac arrest.

As more data comes in from China and Italy, as well as Washington state and New York, more cardiac experts are coming to believe the COVID-19 virus can infect the heart muscle. An initial study found cardiac damage in as many as 1 in 5 patients, leading to heart failure and death even among those who show no signs of respiratory distress.

That work has already resulted in changes in the way hospitals deal with the cardiac implications of COVID-19. Doctors have found that the infection can mimic a heart attack. They have taken patients to the cardiac catheterization lab to clear a suspected blockage, only to find the patient wasn’t really experiencing a heart attack but had COVID-19.

Jorde said that after COVID-19 patients recover, they could have long-term effects from such heart damage.

Once the virus damages the lungs it gets into the blood and can travel to multiple organs. It can cause remote infections. It also can destroy the liver, pancrease and kidneys, even the sex organs.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Not even that. There are many that do not have respiratory symptoms at all but think they have a cardiac blockage... only to find out there is no blockage and the coronavirus has caused cardiac damage.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

They are all COVID-19 related now.
Try and keep up...

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
OMG!
maybe every thing is covid19!
my freind was hit by a car,
turns out he had covid19.......

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Maybe the Covid has a healing effect on all other ailments, and its just getting a bad rap? Maybe it is the key to eternal life

Now wouldn't that concept be a mind#. The fountain of youth, but a la roulette first.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It's the same way that the crime rate goes down when the Police go on strike.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Not even that. There are many that do not have respiratory symptoms at all but think they have a cardiac blockage... only to find out there is no blockage and the coronavirus has caused cardiac damage.

If this virus is what they are saying it is, it would not be possible to burrow through epithelial cells very easily. Unless they were jumping in through some already present raw infection site or a cut. The damage they blame on the virus may not even be related at all. I think that they are possibly making things up that might not be real...shocking isn't it.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

But Bonow said the damage observed in COVID-19 patients could be from the virus directly infecting the heart muscle. Initial research suggests the coronavirus attaches to certain receptors in the lungs, and those same receptors are found in heart muscle as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I don't know about other places, but people being able to stop working, stop stressing, lay in a lounge chair in the garden and read a book or nap seems to be having a great effect on stress-related health problems!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

But Bonow said the damage observed in COVID-19 patients could be from the virus directly infecting the heart muscle. Initial research suggests the coronavirus attaches to certain receptors in the lungs, and those same receptors are found in heart muscle as well.

But it has to get into the circulatory system to get to the heart to infect it. I would think that severe lung symptoms would manifest for that to happen. If I am understanding this right, someone is saying that asymptomatic people are having heart issues from this virus. Maybe the enzyme the virus is getting could eat through the cells and do it's damage, but there would be a severe infection if that is the case.

I have not seen any rational evidence to be able to tell what could be happening. I have read many hundreds of studies of this now, every day I must read twenty or more articles on it from scientific or medical sites. They seemed to be stumped on what is happening, first they say it is this, then they change their tune all together and say it is probably something else.

I suppose it is a novel virus. Some of that research may be correct, but it seems like they are making a lot of wrong conclusions as they are researching this, it does not seem to act like SARS much.

I have been spending most of my time trying to hack the chemistry that is being said is helping people and looking for it in natural or readily available sources. Often a different chemistry that is in our food can do the same thing as the medicines they are designing. But I do read some of the more official conclusions on how this virus is hurting people.

I am good at hacking medicines and figuring out possible side effects that might not be being stressed to the patients and society.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

I don't know about other places, but people being able to stop working, stop stressing, lay in a lounge chair in the garden and read a book or nap seems to be having a great effect on stress-related health problems!

There is about nineteen inches of snow left in our yard and five to seven foot banks around the ice rink that is my driveway. I hate sitting in a lounge chair and I do not like reading books other than medicine and healthcare types of books. I usually prefer to research things on the internet, but am also getting tired of looking at evidence that is twisted to profit from us or to make us fear or hate..

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
During this crisis all heart attacks are categorized as covid 19.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join