It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents of Riverside County, California, may fineup to $1,000 for not wearing a face mask

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This is California, and nothing, Zero amazes me, nothing. Another Revenue Making Scheme ? A sanctuary state ? California has went DAFT....... look up the definition of DAFT....... fairly apt huh...!

KTLA right here.. ktla.com...

I realize the need to wear masks, to social distance, but I do truly think the county is trying to cash in.
www.losangelescriminallawyer.pro... Then there's that...

But try as you can, there are none to be had. www.mercurynews.com...
Your thoughts ?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Can you wear a Halloween mask or does that not count?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

I was gonna say, what constitutes a "facemask" and what specs should one have? Can I wear my underwear on my face and be all good? Wondering because I have a few "retired" pairs with a few mysterious stains that would work great.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So to be a bit more serious, if there is a shortage of masks how can you fine people for not wearing what they cannot purchase.

And also this is racist because black men wearing masks are more likely to be shot than their white counterparts. Take that you racist Riverside County people.

link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Can you wear a Halloween mask or does that not count?

You should see the "masks" people are donning around my parts apparently everyone is taking it as an excuse to look as badass as possible.

Got the full on double bandana. Got the various skull amd clown biker masks.

Got the simple scarf. The DIY pillow case.

I've just about seen it all at this point. The ironic part is people are using the wrong gloves, and wearing their masks around their necks or on their chins.

*facepalm* This is part of the reason I don't take people like this seriously.

link   
I'd strongly encourage everyone there to make theirs out of fabric full of blatant penis imagery. That'd be well worth the "indecency" hissy fits.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Some Californians are making makeshift masks from Tampax. Then they put on their pussie hat for good measure

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

This is absolutely despicable. Wearing a mask is to protect others -- not YOU. And doing so may actually be harmful to YOU.

If you are infected with the virus, you will infect the mask, and re-infect yourself, again and again, creating a viral overload, and increasing your chance of severe symptoms and complications.

Anyone who does wear a mask, please consider treating your masks with a protective salt soak. For YOUR protection.

Or just refuse to wear a mask that will definitely endanger YOUR life for the possibility that you might be infected.

"Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the state becomes lawless or corrupt." -- Mahatma Gandhi

edit on 7-4-2020 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Will the police be wearing a face mask when they fine you for not wearing a face mask?

edit on 7-4-2020 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

So basically the police-state is assuming your guilt of having the virus and not protecting others.

Did the 6th Amendment get rescinded recently?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It did not, but it appears now that people are too stupid to understand it.

Welcome to idiocracy.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So basically the police-state is assuming your guilt of having the virus and not protecting others.

What amendments?

The Constitution died of Covid

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

In California , the entire Constitution has been revoked over the years.
With Washington St. , Oregon , and NY following close behind.
Appears that CO is starting down that road.

edit on 4/7/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: MRinder

I was gonna say, what constitutes a "facemask" and what specs should one have? Can I wear my underwear on my face and be all good? Wondering because I have a few "retired" pairs with a few mysterious stains that would work great.

Hahaha... I got nutti'n

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The "law" will never pass muster. Since masks are NOT readily available, it could be unreasonable to require them. Of course, without a direct specification, you could claim a mustache constitutes a mask.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
LOL.... curiously, I was born and raised in Corona California, just a town over.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The "Circle City" ...... could it of been a 'Target' symbol.?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Riverside County CA here. Most around here are being good little sheeple and trying to comply with all the edicts being laid down on us right now. I’ve got my doo rag that I can wrap around my face when I head out, but I will be pissed if authorities try to impose a fine on me during this time.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Nvm

edit on 8-4-2020 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus more scare tactics,it says could be fined but it's not a law,wow the media guilty of twisting words say it aint so

top topics

<<   2 >>

join