It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors say Chloroquinine works, the media says its BS.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
So what is happening here, a treatment mentioned by Trump, which is a combination of older drugs which are being used safely in many Medical conditions, which are now being used in Australia. But the Media owned ultimately by one entity, are slamming this treatment. Big Pharma will loose out big time , if this treatment goes ahead, did this drug accidently happen which upset some big players plans? Then if it works why are we getting a death rate higher than China in the USA, could it be that the bad press is stopping doctors from using it more widely.

I might add that if the treatment works on the Novel virus, it will probably work well on colds and flue, which would cause a mighty profit drop to vested interest groups, like the common cold has been cured?
edit on 3-4-2020 by anonentity because: adding

edit on 3-4-2020 by anonentity because: corection

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Everyone with half a brain knows mask work.

The government lies to you saying they do not work for you but every healthcare worker needs them. I understand why but it is a laughable lie.
edit on 3-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

True its absolute common sense you don't need a meeting of PHD to decide that.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Well, hydroxychloroquine works well when given early. It appears they are only giving it to us commoners as a "last resort" and by then, it is a little late to be effective.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It seems that Hydochloroquine works by blocking ports in cell walls that the virus uses to access the cell machinery to replicate...no access then no replication and no critical mass to overwhelm the host.

It would not remove the need for an effective vaccine but it would lessen it.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
They are working themselves into a corner(again).

So come november when they are trying to prop up cuomo and this treatment works(a treatment he mentioned) how will they go about trying to extol that virtue unto cuomo after having bashed it for trump?

I'm sure they will try, under the usual assumption that people are stupid(they are) but somehow the internet doesn't exist to point out it's past reporting?

It's just stupid.

I'm glad it's working for people though, I hope they can get something that's lower grade/dosage as a OTC type thing for people not in a hospital to help area's like NYC.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Never fear , Big Tobacco is here...
British Tobacco Company (makers of Luck Strike and others) say they have a vaccine created from ...
....the tobacco plant. It was stated they were already working on one for the common flu.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

it will probably work well on colds and flue, which would cause a mighty profit drop to vested interest groups, like the common cold has been cured?

It is a very old and known drug. It is also cheap.

So, not much profit in it for big pharma. They want to sell you something new for $500 a pill.

edit on 3-4-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Stats / Trial

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The higher death rate has to do with the spread of the virus before any measures were taken, and also to the effectiveness of the methods chosen.

China built new hospitals, virtually imprisoned the populations for a few weeks, and had massive campaigns to wash everything down with biocides, on top of the things the US is doing.

The drugs work, but only a little bit. You need to do more, faster, and more fully, before the virus takes hold of all the population.

The consequences of not doing those things are far worse than the advantages.

edit on 3/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That figures most don't go for help unless they are really feeling bad, by that time it could be wrecking the body.

(post by Murgatroid removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Big Pharma has a vested interest in the matter as well.

Right now, hydroxychlorquine is being used for purposes it has not been tested and approved for, as opposed to lupus or rheumatoid arthritis patients.

Some trials have been conducted, with varying results. More are in process. It shows antiviral properties in vitro -- "in glass," such as petrie dishes -- but hasn't been proven in vivo -- in the body. As in given as a medication to CoV-19 patients. Right now there is no known minimal or optimal dosage for using hydroxychlorquine for CoV-19.

When it was first as a possible medication for CoV-19, the manufacturers wanted all patients prescribed hydroxychlorquine to be part of a clinical trial to test its effectiveness against CoV-19. Depending on how practical that was, what kind of red tape was involved, we may get a quality clinical trial in vivo and find out in real time how effective it is.

It should also be noted that this drug -- and other antimalarial drugs -- have some very serious side effects, including adversely effecting mental faculties. In layman's terms, this drug can also make people stupid or crazy.

We really don't know if this is a miracle cure or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

(Not medical advice).

Chloroquinene was actually touted once to be used as a cold treatment 40 years ago, but during the trials it actually proved to not be as effective in the body.
So just because it seems to be working (quite a few studies over the last few months), it will take a much wider set of trials before it can be a 'for certain' treatment.

Seeing the initial trial results from Wuhan in January, I acquired enough for my family. Not mentioning how, and this was far before shortages came about. I've made do using another treatment for the condition I have to keep these on hand. HOWEVER, preliminary tests are not quite enough for me to gamble with them as it can lead to long term Qt issues with the heart. But I am keeping an eye on the studies closely.

(not medical advice)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

We see heart issues more often compared to the mental mental health issues. But otherwise everything you mentioned was pretty spot on.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
a reply to: Boadicea

We see heart issues more often compared to the mental mental health issues. But otherwise everything you mentioned was pretty spot on.

Yes, you're so right about the heart problems are more common -- thank you! I did mean to mention that first, and had a brain fart.

Sometimes I get ahead of myself doh!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Doctors all over have been using it, and they wouldn't keep doing it if they didn't see some kind of result with it.

There is a major double blinded randomized study with controls, etc, being started by one of the major medical unis in the US. They don't start that kind of thing if they weren't pretty sure there was some kind of positive result possibly being seen.

I think the big deal here is that Trump said it might be a hopeful thing, so the press immediately looked for every angle they could on it and saw that it was not FDA approved for treating COVID and ran with that to call the president an idiot.

But bottom line is that this drug has been around and approved for various treatments of health issues for decades. Its safety and tolerance in humans is well understood via those uses. It is not uncommon at all for doctors to use medications like that for other purposes precisely because they are well understood in their approved applications.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
In Australia another drug has been found which kills covid-19 within 48 hours in laboratory tests - Ivermectin, a medication used to treat many types of parasite infestations.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Biggest finacial contributors to WHO. USA and Bill gates. Didnt delcare this a pandemic for a good while. Waited for the cat to leave the bag. Not allowing doctors to treat the disease propely. Not giving staff PPE. You could almost wonder if they want to spead it to allow mass digital vaccinations.

Which funny enough they are now pushing for.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Big Pharma has a vested interest in the matter as well.

Right now, hydroxychlorquine is being used for purposes it has not been tested and approved for, as opposed to lupus or rheumatoid arthritis patients.

Some trials have been conducted, with varying results. More are in process. It shows antiviral properties in vitro -- "in glass," such as petrie dishes -- but hasn't been proven in vivo -- in the body. As in given as a medication to CoV-19 patients. Right now there is no known minimal or optimal dosage for using hydroxychlorquine for CoV-19.

When it was first as a possible medication for CoV-19, the manufacturers wanted all patients prescribed hydroxychlorquine to be part of a clinical trial to test its effectiveness against CoV-19. Depending on how practical that was, what kind of red tape was involved, we may get a quality clinical trial in vivo and find out in real time how effective it is.

It should also be noted that this drug -- and other antimalarial drugs -- have some very serious side effects, including adversely effecting mental faculties. In layman's terms, this drug can also make people stupid or crazy.

We really don't know if this is a miracle cure or not.

Speaking with a Doctor friend today who said they are not giving hydroxychlorquine out due to short supply and saving what they have for the infected at the hospitals. They darn sure think it works... I am glad they do not have to put up with a bunch of red tape, FDA, politicians, and idiots for them to try a medicine that has been around for a very long time with little or no side effects.. I took it back in the 60s and 70s as an anti Malarial drug.. Never got Malaria or maybe I was just lucky..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join