It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Became Space/Time When Space Became Self Aware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There are many different conjectures regarding what existed before the Big Bang(or Big Bangs depending on how many it takes to create a multi verse) and before the existence of the singularity, which to me seems more like an idea rather than an actual thing....and I present one more conjecture for consideration.

What if before the singularity there was just Space, endless, infinite Space and, based on the idea that in an infinity anything that can happen will happen....what if Space became self aware?
And since becoming self aware meant having the first thought, and being that thoughts are made of energy(and of course matter is just a form of energy) it was at this moment that both time, which needed change to exist, and the singularity, which began as a thought, were created.
And this first self awareness is what many of us know as God.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I don't know but if we accept that time needs events, progress, change something that develops before it can exist,
what would that infinite space be if it can't be the distance something moves in time?

I always think of the singularity as the potential for everything. That's a gigantic amount of energy, but if it's stretched out over infinity it's almost nothing.
And what in that huge nothing would have become self-aware?

I got no problem with a universal consciousness, or with the idea our universe is not the only one, but personally I believe the thing needs some code.
Even if consciousness is entirely built on information and ignited by a spark of any energy, completely matterless it needs the pressure of a singularity with no space to get going.

I think more in the direction of a microbe, the mother cell cuts it out of her own being and it's in a suspended state until it starts reading its own DNA and builds (claims space) and processes (time)...
and poops away

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Yes, this is how I see it. I also think that when life first "moved" is when life realized that it existed. Without movement there is no time.
edit on 27-3-2020 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I suggest "The Hole in the Universe' by KC Cole. There you will discuss just what is 'empty'.... and it's properties

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
There are many different conjectures regarding what existed before the Big Bang(or Big Bangs depending on how many it takes to create a multi verse) and before the existence of the singularity, which to me seems more like an idea rather than an actual thing....and I present one more conjecture for consideration.

What if before the singularity there was just Space, endless, infinite Space and, based on the idea that in an infinity anything that can happen will happen....what if Space became self aware?
And since becoming self aware meant having the first thought, and being that thoughts are made of energy(and of course matter is just a form of energy) it was at this moment that both time, which needed change to exist, and the singularity, which began as a thought, were created.
And this first self awareness is what many of us know as God.

You got it back to front. Before the beginning in space-time, God is. Pure awareness of nothing - "no thing." This is Eternity. God reflected on Himself and saw Himself as an object. He willed to know Himself objectively by becoming all things. That divine act generated space-time.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Pretty much, except before the self awareness, there wasn't even space. Not even an idea not even possibility.
Then, possibility arose, because it was inevitable. Space and darkness are born. Self awareness occurs. Then, time

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
it would be less! It would be no thing at all. No conception, no distance, no depth, no idea, no thing at all.

a reply to: Peeple

edit on 27-3-2020 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

The "thing" that becomes aware in "all" that no thing is simply possibility. It sounds fantastic, but, the muse arose out of sheer emptiness, and with her heralded the beginning of space and darkness- which sought to destroy her to return o stillness, where she only wished to paint the void with vibrant life. In this struggle, the time we know- in her hope, the dreams we've always held of better days.
edit on 27-3-2020 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Mm, you got it back to front too, pal. Eternity is the summation of space-time- the object("object consciousness"), the Antichrist...

Everything else you said is spot on for the most part! a reply to: micpsi

top topics

join