It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm 65 And Willing To Be Sacrificed For Society But Let's Try The Stimulus Checks First

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
To the government: You need to send out the checks now....and figure out how to pay for them later. You're the government....we know you can do it. This is a financial emergency right now.
Heck, put me in charge of the debit card printer and I'll crank out one for every man, woman and child on earth. Just let me at it.

Otherwise, send us seniors off to the Soylent Green factories.
edit on 3/24/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Lady genius pants I hereby second the motion....I've been binging on the chili at Wendy's drive through ya know
edit on 24-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

We all appreciate your devotion to minute (pronounced MY NUTE) changes to serve the greater good, but let me suggest this as a proper action:

1. Cancel all consumer debt.
2. That's all I can think of right now as I'm very drunk.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Can't Spend that Money if you are Dead . There's the Rub .......

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Miss Smarty pants..... you giving it away ?

Is it yours to give away ?
edit on 24-3-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Funniest thread title ever. S&F I completely agree.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Uh....yeah.
We taxpayer earned that money so we've got dibs on it.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: HelloboysImbackguy

Funniest thread title ever. S&F I completely agree.

It is a perfectly crafted little gem, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Sacrifices are so much more fun, and we do need to appease the gods, so let's do this...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I agree, this disease is causing a lot of distress to my kids and grandkids. I did not work all my life and pay taxes to see our economy get destroyed because they are afraid us old timers might croak. I am not afraid of dying, although the suffering part sucks. But I have had a good life already, I do not want to deprive my kids of having a good life. Lots of the young are out of work, so are some of the small business workers that serve the communities.

Social distancing sucks, are the youth going to start requiring a person to take a negative coronavirus test to go on a date now? Will they need to not hold hands or wear a whole body condom for sex? They need to stop promoting fear. This is a virus, and people who have compromised immune systems are more susceptible to bad cases and death. But quit promoting meds that disrupt the immune system from working properly, half the commercials on TV commercials try to convince people to take immune blocking meds. Stop those commercials, alter the diets to lower the risk of immune overreaction.

Acne and psoriasis can be often moderated by diet instead of blocking the immune system. Find the chemistries, natural and added, in our food supply that are increasing the risks of these diseases and have the doctors tell the patients what to possibly eliminate instead of giving them meds to alter metabolism to try to fix the problem. Screw the good bedside manner, and people, suck it up, if you shouldn't be eating something because it bothers you and your doctor says you should avoid certain foods that are causing your problems, don't change doctors because you do not like what he/she is saying. Most people can fix their diabetes by just moderate changes in their diet and drop ten pounds or so. There are some who have gone too far, and others who have real issues, but the majority of people can just start moderating their diet and do some research to figure out if some chemicstry that they eat often could be causing the problem..

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Just make sure you eat honey and keep a diverse diet etc.

It will defeat the virus.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
So, you are willing to kill yourself for the "economy" ? Like a slave would say to the other slaves: "tonight, I will open the doors to our cages, and I will fight the guards so you can all escape". What you call the "economy" is a social experiment rather than a real economy in the etymological sense of the word, which is supposed to economize resources and to spare human suffering. You should question who possess the means of production and why. So called experts want you to believe that economics is a real science but it's not, it's a social experiment just like slavery. An "expert in economy" could count the number of slaves and what they produce and the consumption rate of the masters and he will still be called an "expert in economy". Which is to say that what we call the economy today, is almost entirely based on ideological premises.

Now is the time to question the purpose of technology and the means of production.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Just make sure you eat honey and keep a diverse diet etc.

It will defeat the virus.

Thank you. I will. You too.

And I tried to reply to your message but it didn't go through for some reason. Hi.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
So, you are willing to kill yourself for the "economy" ? Like a slave would say to the other slaves: "tonight, I will open the doors to our cages, and I will fight the guards so you can all escape". What you call the "economy" is a social experiment rather than a real economy in the etymological sense of the word, which is supposed to economize resources and to spare human suffering. You should question who possess the means of production and why. So called experts want you to believe that economics is a real science but it's not, it's a social experiment just like slavery. An "expert in economy" could count the number of slaves and what they produce and the consumption rate of the masters and he will still be called an "expert in economy". Which is to say that what we call the economy today, is almost entirely based on ideological premises.

Now is the time to question the purpose of technology and the means of production.

No, I was being sarcastic. I realize economics are more of an idea rather than an actual thing and our government could free up some of that money that we taxpayers earned.... to help right now

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
At 65 are you on S.S.? If so will you get a check since you were not employed?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

look at this:
Glenn Beck says older Americans should return to work: “Even if we all get sick, I would rather die than kill the country”

GLENN BECK (HOST): I mean, I'm in the danger zone. I'm right at the edge, I'm 56. In Italy they're saying if you're sick and your 60, don't even come in. So, I'm in the danger zone. I would rather have my children stay home and all of us who are over 50 go in and keep this economy going and working, even if we all get sick, I would rather die than kill the country. 'Cause it's not the economy that's dying, it's the country.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: Plotus

Uh....yeah.
We taxpayer earned that money so we've got dibs on it.

It's not the taxpayers getting their money back that's the problem. It's a bunch of corporations, government per projects, and industries that pay no taxes getting money out of the "stimulus".

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
To the government: You need to send out the checks now....and figure out how to pay for them later. You're the government....we know you can do it. This is a financial emergency right now.
Heck, put me in charge of the debit card printer and I'll crank out one for every man, woman and child on earth. Just let me at it.

Otherwise, send us seniors off to the Soylent Green factories.

You might be. Others are not. You cannot speak for a multitude.
As per policy. That is dictated by congress, as a whole.
It sounds like you and I agree there is a disappointing lack of action there. But I hear of bipartisan bills, and unilateral bills.
Neither has been sent to the president.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn

so drama queen in your spare time?

no one is saying "kill yourself " for the economy and comparing average working people to slaves...PLEASE

what people are saying is you approach a problem with a REASONABLE response.

the cold hard fact is that the elderly and medically compromised are vulnerable to all sorts of pathogens that could end their lives.

you dont destroy the economic, educational and/or jobs of MILLIONS for the promise you may save a few people.

as I have pointed out over and over the common flu has killed more in the US alone every year for the past decade or so than the corvid19 has done WORLDWIDE much less in US.

but no one to date called for the drastic actions (much less implimented) taken that we have for covid19.

so to use your logic its ok to let 61 THOUSAND DIE with no action because the common flu isnt important to you as corvid19

whats the word I am looking for in your post..... hypocrite ...thats it

scrounger

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

So I am a hypocrite because I say don't risk your life for the economy ? Ok.

As if the economy was some kind of precious jewel or the pinnacle of human intelligence. In reality it is an ideological makeshift construct that we have inherited from past centuries and millennia. A little scare suffices to make it collapse and crumble, while in reality nothing has really changed : resources are still there, factories are still there, knowledge is still there..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join