It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul tests positive for coronavirus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. Makes you wonder how many Senators have it at this point. A this point he is asymptomatic and expects to continue working remotly untill cleared.

So if he was asymptomatic why was he even tested? I'm trying to pin down if they had a case within his staff

www.courier-journal.com...
edit on 3/22/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. Makes you wonder how many Senators have it at this point. A this point he is asymptomatic and expects to continue working remotly untill cleared.

So if he was asymptomatic why was he even tested?

www.courier-journal.com...

Didn't he suffer some broken ribs a while back? Man, I hope he doesn't get that cough, it'll wreck him!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There will be serious problems (crime) in this country if the Congress doesn't QUICKLY figure out a way to "vote remotely".

As far as I know, the consumer stimulus $$$ cannot be approved without the full Senate and House voting to approve it.

At last count, there were 12 House reps "self quarantined".

A WhiteHouse economic person (Kudlow?) said there will be a blood-bath on Wall Street very early this week, if Congress can't get the package out the door.
edit on 3/22/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Kinda ironic, based on the rant his dad made about all this fakeness surrounding CV

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Kinda ironic, based on the rant his dad made about all this fakeness surrounding CV

Most sane people are saying the over-reaction is a Hoax. Covid-19 is a real as the flu. That's universally agreed upon.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

He said it was “blown out of proportion” which it is..... didn’t say it was fake

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Not ironic at all. It actually furthers his point that this is blown out of proportion.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
Not ironic at all. It actually furthers his point that this is blown out of proportion.

I assume it's still in incubation and he'll be sick soon. Time will tell.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Correct. It doesn't sound good for Paul. He suffered broken ribs and a damaged lung after an attack by a deranged neighbor resulting in pneumonia and consequently removal of part of his lung. Even though he was asymptomatic, does this lung damage place Paul at a higher risk?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
They probably sent someone to give him the virus since he made the video. I am sure they will make sure he gets a bad case and dies to punish him for doing the video.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
There will be serious problems (crime) in this country if the Congress doesn't QUICKLY figure out a way to "vote remotely".

As far as I know, the consumer stimulus $$$ cannot be approved without the full Senate and House voting to approve it.

At last count, there were 12 House reps "self quarantined".

A WhiteHouse economic person (Kudlow?) said there will be a blood-bath on Wall Street very early this week, if Congress can't get the package out the door.

The full House and Senate don't have to vote on it. There are routinely votes without all members present. If someone is missing, the number it takes to pass the bill is just adjusted. It is always 50% + 1 vote. So, in the House, for example, if there's only 420 members present, it takes 211 votes to pass a bill.

I think the Senate has a rule where there has to be at least 51 members present to vote on bills. Obviously you don't want 3 Senators showing up and passing a bill with a 2-1 vote or something absurd.

Not sure about the House rules on that.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

He said since he goes about all over he wanted to get testetd

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Most sane people are saying the over-reaction is a Hoax. Covid-19 is a real as the flu. That's universally agreed upon.

I hear you, believe me, I just don't think it's a conspiracy to tank your boy, and I do think it's worse than the flu, but what do I, or you really know, it's still early..we are just guessing/hoping. China, not that I trust them, claim a handle on this. Keep in mind it took almost a couple months of extreme measures.

I have no doubt, whomever was pres, the other party would use it, I don't condone that from either party.

I do believe there are evil people gleefully rubbing their hands together, to buy up the wreckage of our lives.

Oh, and I personally know of 3 people infected, via friends.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Surveyor7
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Correct. It doesn't sound good for Paul. He suffered broken ribs and a damaged lung after an attack by a deranged neighbor resulting in pneumonia and consequently removal of part of his lung. Even though he was asymptomatic, does this lung damage place Paul at a higher risk?

Um, YES, very much so!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I hear you, believe me, I just don't think it's a conspiracy to tank your boy, and I do think it's worse than the flu, but what do I, or you really know, it's still early..we are just guessing/hoping. China, not that I trust them, claim a handle on this. Keep in mind it took almost a couple months of extreme measures.

While China did eventually take extreme measures, you have to remember their initial reaction was to basically pretend it wasn't happening and try to deny/contain knowledge of it and how bad it was. That put them way behind the 8-ball and caused it to get much worse than it should have, resulting in the need to take those extreme measures.

We, on the other hand, have been pretty proactive. We cut travel from China and other affected areas well before almost anyone else was doing that, slowing the spread here.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'd be god damn surprised if the bulk of the country hasn't ALREADY had it and brushed it off as a cold or allergies. Tests be damned, it's not helping much other than fuel fear and irrationality.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785
I hear ya, they slept on it no doubt.

All I can do, or all of us can do is hope it's over soon..sort it out after we get through.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I do believe there are evil people gleefully rubbing their hands together, to buy up the wreckage of our lives.

I don't have that kind of money but my avatar does.
edit on 22-3-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah, that was my first thought. How in the hell did he get tested? But, of course, we all know how and why.

It's the height of irony and hypocrisy that Paul, who rails against government, used his government position to move to the front of the line. Also, he held up the first coronavirus stimulus measures. And his Dad called it all a hoax.

Additionally, Congress was briefed on CV19 in a closed door session on January 25th. So where did he travel and why? If not out of the country to an affected area, that wasn't reason enough to test.

Just can't make this crap up. Or the fact that he was at the Congressional swimming pool this morning, while he awaited results. So much for social distancing and self quarantine.

I hope Kentucky remembers.
edit on 3/22/2020 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Yeah, that was my first thought. How in the hell did he get tested? But, of course, we all know how and why.

It's the height of irony and hypocrisy that Paul, who rails against government, used his government position to move to the front of the line. Also, he held up the first coronavirus stimulus measures. And his Dad called it all a hoax.

Additionally, Congress was briefed on CV19 in a closed door session on January 25th. So where did he travel and why? If not out of the country to an affected area, that wasn't reason enough to test.

Just can't make this crap up. Or the fact that he was at the Congressional swimming pool this morning, while he awaited results. So much for social distancing and self quarantine.

I hope Kentucky remembers.

Yes, I don't know how some do not see the irony..swimming pool! ..jeezus, worried enough to bypass the great unwashed and get tested..then, go swimming in a shared space..I suppose chlorine might kill it..don't know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join