It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When this is finally OVER.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I am wondering what we will be facing. Will people be able to start small businesses? Will there be any jobs? Will it affect our healthcare system, pharmaceutical industry? Finance. As there are a bunch of smart people on this site, I would love to hear your thoughts.

One thing, personally, I think if you have a manufacturing skill we may have a manufacturing renaissance coming after this event. In all our respective countries. I think outsourcing from China and a lot of the globalist agenda will be destroyed by this epidemic.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, let’s look at that manufacturing renaissance.

A great deal of the US’s manufacturing capability has shifted overseas in search of lower production and wage costs. To bring those capabilities back to the US, the factories that provided those capabilities, many of which were torn down over the last 30-40 years, would have to be restored, if not completely rebuilt.

That will take several years, at least.

Then you have to train the people to run the factories and make the products. That would mean a complete restructuring and re-focusing of the national education system.

And, since you would be trying to rebuild, at least initially, using the bits and pieces that had survived this upheaval, that means you’d likely have to depend on the established supply lines that existed before all “this” hit the fan; Hello, China!

And once you’ve done that, where is the (financial) incentive to convince (or force?) the business community to “bring it all home”?

And what are (potentially) MILLIONS of unemployed Americans supposed to do for income in the meantime?

And let’s not forget, the economic cataclysm that the US is experiencing due to this outbreak, is being experienced in virtually every other country hit by the virus.

You don’t think that they aren’t coming to the same conclusions, too?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I think you are correct. The hardest hit countries of the world hopefully will cut their ties with China and reinvest in their own countries resources and citizens.

I also envision many, many manufacturing jobs will be coming to the US, especially US companies that can manufacture pharmaceuticals for our citizens within United States controlled borders. We should never again allow our country to be exposed and vulnerable to ANY communist or enemy nation.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

Our government is insane, we will keep on with the same and expect different out come next time.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

Our government is insane, we will keep on with the same and expect different out come next time.

I really home you are wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jsjAmeicanMo

originally posted by: cognizant420

I really home you are wrong.

Or hope

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I have a radical (ie, mad) plan. Fractional reserve banking is made up numbers for a dishonest system that the whole planet uses. Covid-19 is a global pandemic. So, as we are all affected, we should simply agree to hit pause on our magical made up number ride and press play again when we are over it. Feel free to dismantle at will!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

We should never again allow our country to be exposed and vulnerable to ANY communist or enemy nation.

It can be posited that ''nations'' ARE the enemy. When I look at the world I see different kinds of power structures.I see nations that are tied to their geographical locations. Meanwhile I also see corporations that have out grown their national origins and which are now completely international in scope. I don't see these international corporations turning again to their nations of origin to do their re-building. Why would they.

If this really goes to Crapsville I can see that any further movement into a future that is not a throwback to anarchy will be orchestrated not on a national basis, though that may be used as a cover story, but rather organized by international corps. Look at Amazon, right now. Promising to hire boo coo new employees to fill in the gaps of peoples product demands. I think we will see more of this, in the best interests of a nations people of course, stepping up in helping to put things back together.

So in this scenario, nations and their pesky laws would be seen as the ''enemy'' of the corporations.

edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 20 Mar 2020 14:31:38 -0500Fri, 20 Mar 2020 14:31:38 -050020032020-03-20T14:31:38-05:00200000031 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Hello open minded; and I am betting a lot of people have had these same questions run through their minds.

I know I have had them; but am focusing on getting through the mess most of all at this point.

I am in a job that is vital to the society... and am having semi isolation whilst at work... minimum contact with other workers on worksite.

There is some places in the USA that are having people in my field of work to stay 24/7 at work sites. Companies are bringing in bedding, food, camp trailers, or rental buildings, etc..

Of course, these options are on the table for me in OZ, but have not been implemented yet. They are contingency moves, if needed, at this point.

Since my work location is 4 hours drive away from home... my wife isn't real keen on me maybe being in lock down at work.. and her being on her own at the house, with the dogs, etc.

Sadly, I do believe it will be several months, AT LEAST, before it starts to settle down for Oz... and am praying it doesn't become too paralysing to our society here...

Once the disease decides to disappear, there is the recovery period to look at.

It is gonna be bad mate. A bunch of stores, or businesses won't be reopening... they will have gone bust...

There will be a bunch of folks unemployed and waiting, hoping for a economic recovery to rebuild their lives.

The stock markets will be skeletons of pre-virus levels, and will be a bit slow to recover too. Folks won't have a lot of money to put into stocks if their savings and accounts are depleted due to long social shut downs to stop the bloody virus from making too many people sick all at once.

One can certainly argue that this virus mess has laid bare the risky exposure to countries with a globalist, or "single" chain of supply, or "just in time" shipping.... that all works fine as long as there isn't a plague happening, or a war, etc.

It is pretty obvious that vital supplies, mainly medical drugs, etc.. are best made in your own country, and to not rely on mainly China to supply your nation with vital medicines.

This same thought pattern, or risky exposure is in many areas of the economy, and society.

My super annuation plan, (like 401K in USA), has been hammered hard with losses... and I had a very stable fund. So my losses are a lot less than those who had higher risk funds, that up to recently yielded a much better interest rate in growth.

It has gutted everybody world wide... financially.. it really sucks. Like a shooting war in damage, just minus the bombs and fires, bullets, blood and guts, etc. But just as damaging, maybe even more.

I do believe we have gone into a new era... the old world we knew, may not ever return. I hope it does; but also I doubt it.

It could easily be a real long term depression, and take a decade or more to recover... we just don't know at this point.

As far as jobs are concerned, it might see a re-birth of the old work programs that were used during FDR's times? CCC, TVA, rebuilding national infrastructure basically.

Some industries will be basically wiped out. Cruise ships is one I think that might spend decades to recover. Airlines will be gutted too. Everyone going on holidays, and flying there, will be severely curtailed. Folks will be too broke to enjoy such luxuries.

I know that if I get to the point where I am ready for a holiday, and have the money to do so; I will have that holiday in Australia. That way, my money helps my fellow citizens recover from this dang virus mess.

As I write this reply to you, I see where California has ordered the big lock down thing.. not unexpected... but still very disrupting for the economy, and all things in domino, pond ripples succession.

I hope the manufacturing revival you mentioned manifests itself. It is just common sense in my opinion; lessons learned from the virus disruption for every nation.

The question remains, do we have the facilities to do so? Or did all our factories get sent to China/Asia too?

The challenges everyone faces world wide will not be easy to get through.

Historically, big disruptions to society like this has sparked shooting wars, etc... I pray we can avoid that repeat of history.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm pretty concerned for small businesses. They can take out a SB loan to tide them over, but what happens if this continues past another month or two? If they can't get back on their feet fast enough and end up having to default?

Their chances of starting a new business without qualifying for financing after that would be a huge loss.

Hopefully, it won't come to that.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I think you are correct. The hardest hit countries of the world hopefully will cut their ties with China and reinvest in their own countries resources and citizens.

As Bhadhidar had pointed out above your post, the sheer amount of effort it would take to rebuild a factories and a workforce from the ground up doesn't seem economic or plausible or timely.

I do agree that we need to wean our dependence from China however. What I think would be a more economical approach would be to spread out our dependencies onto many countries, AND back to ourselves to some degree.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Greetings Flavian, I had a post a while back in the rant forum on basically the same vein.

I think this same thought is what is behind the talk of shutting down the stock markets for a while...just freezing them where they are for a while.

I agree, it is a good idea, or even needed maybe.

It just isn't in the nature of "bankers" to do so....

The economic mess the world has been thrown into is a massive "consolidation of wealth" opportunity for those who prey on the masses for wealth.

Rothschild did this in the UK, after Wellington defeated Napolean at Waterloo..... he floated the rumour of Wellingtons loss, (which was a deliberate lie), then bought up the market once it crashed to the bottom. When the TRUTH finally hit London streets, the stock market raged in gains in huge amounts, and Rothschild became ungodly rich, and basically took over the UK in influence, etc.

During the last great depression, there was a reason people kept their money in their bed mattresses. Most folks hated bankers with a purple passion. Especially in the dustbowl region.

I hope I am wrong of course, but am betting that when this is all said and done; people will have a mighty low opinion of bankers once again.

Pravdaseeker

edit on 20-3-2020 by pravdaseeker because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
when this is over... we can prepare for the next outbreak...wich will be worser..

clue ...humans never learn... greed comes first !

BTW...looking at the dead's rate percentige in Itali you can conclude that covid19 is an etnic virus... moore deadly for the caucasian rase...
edit on 20-3-2020 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I'm pretty concerned for small businesses. They can take out a SB loan to tide them over, but what happens if this continues past another month or two? If they can't get back on their feet fast enough and end up having to default?

Their chances of starting a new business without qualifying for financing after that would be a huge loss.

Hopefully, it won't come to that.

Even if a small buisness gets back on its feet they need customers who have jobs not people with Bill's 3 months behind and barly making money

The truth is things look really bad in this area and we will see lots of buisnesses go under small and large dont forget we still have a shortage of goods from china even if they hit 100% production next week theres still a large gap that will kill buisnesses that need goods from china to survive

Add to that it's not going to be just 1 country the entire world is going down at the same time it will take much longer to recover

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I think the industries and jobs will still be there for the most part.
The infrastructure isn't going anywhere.
It's the immediate future that is the question.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well, this is Trump Economics.

The art of firing all the experts, bringing in 'yes men' enablers, while you put all your eggs in one basket protected by a silver tongued gas lighter and his ability to keep players under his spell.

The man's filed 5 bankruptcies and defaulted on who knows how many loans.

There's a reason banks wouldn't loan to Don the Con before he won the election.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Some conspiracy minded speculation... It's premier objective among many is some sort of Global financial reset as one.
Secondly, I think at least part of this crisis is a direct strike on China, particularily to disrupt their new Silk Road project.

Did things ever really go back to 'normal' after 9/11?

As the World turns...

When the world reopens we will all be living in a new 'normal' and for some it will be unrecognizable in short and long term; some good, some bad... winners & losers. The status quo is already changing for millions. Most people fear change, especially the unknowing.

1. Its complex
2. Its a currency war - reset to digital, hence the rapid roll-out of 5G.
3. Russia sides with Europe vs China
4. Transfer of our assets to the centralizers, again
5. Transhumanism - the push to chip our brains (BCI)
6. The Black budget is through sharing
7. Is space quarantined?
8. Pump n' Dump. Does the currency war include "dirty money?"
9. The USA becomes more independent and less reliant on China mfg.
10. Big Corp America will go through a historical Re-Org.
11. No matter what the outcome the central bankers will be one of the winners.

What happens next is anyone's guess.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Did anyone else see Fauci's facepalm today?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
I am wondering what we will be facing. Will people be able to start small businesses? Will there be any jobs? Will it affect our healthcare system, pharmaceutical industry? Finance. As there are a bunch of smart people on this site, I would love to hear your thoughts.

My only thought is, this question simply exemplifies why it is absolutely insane to shut down the economy over this thing.

There is no rational reason to do this.

1. Quarantine high risk situations - old folks/group/nursing homes. Anywhere where those at high risk are concentrated.

2. Issue simple, rational guidelines for those who are at high risk or have loved ones living them at high risk on how to stay safe, including even what they are blanket recommending for everyone - recommending that they shelter in place.

3. Provide tax credits to companies that allow those who need to to work from home, but they should at least have to prove the need - evidence that they or a loved one is high risk - and the individuals.

4. Prepare all medical facilities - from hospitals, to clinics, to Doctors offices, nurses (even retired) - for being able to provide care for those who may need it, and last

5. Immediately start using things that either are known to work - like high dose IV Vitamiin C - or have substantial evidence that they do or at least have a good chance of working - like hydroxychloroquine. Give people all of the infiormation they need, and allow them to chose their preferred treatment.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

One thing, personally, I think if you have a manufacturing skill we may have a manufacturing renaissance coming after this event. In all our respective countries. I think outsourcing from China and a lot of the globalist agenda will be destroyed by this epidemic.

Personally I have an idea to set myself up in business now as a motorcycle messenger, offering my services to the elderly and vulnerable for free (or petrol money for distance covered, my bike goes around 200 miles on £12 of fuel). Offering shopping runs, medicine runs or even delivering care packages and other parcels.

I also have the basic elements to start smelting aluminium and other metals, something I've never done before but have been itching to start.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join