It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are going to get FAT!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
So everybody preps, gets a lot of junk/comfort food, and stress eats for the next month or so. I predict people will emerge from their homes 10 lbs fatter when this is over with. Scary. I spent the last 6 months on a diet, lost 26 lbs, and have gained back almost 10 lbs the past month. Be careful! Well at least now I have noticed and will stop eating like a maniac.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Everything you said makes sense.
nothing to add

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   

survival food should not be " junk " - mine is picked for energy densit - ease of prep , minimum fuel use to prep , nutrient spread

plus - you SHOULD be self rationing - to make it go further

only eat enough for maintainence - and your " new " activity level

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

My husband eats like a horse and stays rail thin.

I have to ration portions just to make our food last all month.

But I can see your point.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

survival food should not be " junk " - mine is picked for energy densit - ease of prep , minimum fuel use to prep , nutrient spread

You serious, where do you think the zombies come from.
.let's go with they ran out of food...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   

There must be some vast differences between the people where youre from and the people around here.

I can't say I know anybody that 'stress ate' (that phrase, stressing eating itself makes me feel slightly ill) or got fat during this summers bushfire emergency where my whole region - and many, many more across Australia was on fire.

I'm not sure I know anybody who'd load up on junk food and stress eat through the corona hype but hey, I and we like to stay busy.

Enjoy the peer sanctioned binge eat...'The Great Face Stuff Of 2020"

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
My husband eats like a horse and stays rail thin.

I'm not thin, but a muscular 200 pounds and I stay this size no matter what. My wife hates me for it.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I've dropped a few pounds since last week. However looking at what food I have in I decided to ration it and reduce my eating. As the shops are cleared I am guessing that the priority could eventually be to restock only the staples and we might see a lot of the junk people eat disappear for a while. We might see a return in the UK to rationing, although it's already in place in supermarkets to stop hoarding and panic buying.

I could be wrong but in my mind I considered that as a nation we could end up losing those extra pounds after a while and not piling anything on. If reports on the virus are correct that would actually be a good thing in the long run, and for the future health of the nation.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Most city millennials and hipsters have no self control in that regard, most of their rations will be gone by the end of the first week..lol

They will all starve before it's safe to go outside..

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
We bought a little junk food, but not. I figured we had to stock up on some ice cream and we forgot to buy the cream cheese. We eat very little junk food anymore, we have time to make good meals. Last night we had a salad with T-bone steaks, tonight is pork chops with gravy and mashed potatoes and asparagus.

I did notice a lot of people in the stores were buying junk foods, over eighty percent of their carts were highly processed foods. But I figure the people were working and now their kids are at home alone, so they need things they can toss in the microwave. These days kids do not know how to cook a three course supper like I did when I was fifteen. But then again, my sister preferred junk food back then. We did eat TV dinners back in the sixties, the banquet and Swanson ones were actually way better than they are today back then. The veggies in them were great, and three big pieces of chicken, not the coated pressed chicken nuggets they have in them today.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

although i love me some junk, ice cream, cheese cake, chocolate( any style), snack cakes & pies (little debbies).
my main enjoyment and the most plentiful in our pantry and freezer, are real groceries.

i or the better half cook every night. pork chops deep fried, take it out wrap in bacon and fry it again, fried chicken, fried cubed round steak for sandwiches, ground beef fixed many different ways, beans all kinds, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, spuds any way you want to fix them. you name it it's most likely there or we just ran out. we try to buy enough for a month and a half or more when shopping.

i've always ate that way, i guess cause i was raised on a farm. i'm only 5' 8" weighed 210/220 all my life and all muscle not muscle bound just solid.

edit on 16-3-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Explains the Toilet paper...

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

TV dinners back in the sixties, the banquet and Swanson ones were actually way better than they are today back then.

packed in tin foil trays and coveredwith tin foil on top.
me and my brothers use to think them and pot pies were the sh@@ when we were kids.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

TV dinners back in the sixties, the banquet and Swanson ones were actually way better than they are today back then.

packed in tin foil trays and coveredwith tin foil on top.
me and my brothers use to think them and pot pies were the sh@@ when we were kids.

Never saw that video before.

We didn't even own a microwave till in the early eighties, we don't have one anymore, you know what, microwaved food actually tastes worse than real cooked stuff, we had thought that the microwaved green beans and frozen veggies were better but in actuallity, they don't taste as good. Our belief that it taste better was influenced by our laziness.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I don't prep with comfort food. I prep with high nutrition high calorie foods.
I exercise at my home a few days each week.

I for one will not be fat at any point in my life. Never have never will.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

same here, well my parents got one after i left for the Corps. they didn't use it for much of anything except heating up hot dogs, popcorn and warming up cold coffee.

i agree, don't really like anything cooked in a microwave. we always fired up the oven and had to wait 10 to 15 mins for it to heat up and then 30 mins for the dinners or pot pies.

i got one and use it for about the same as my folks did. i use to use it to heat up left overs, don't even do that anymore it's in the oven or in a pan on the stove top.

here is something funny, warning langue

need more coffe, can't think without it.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

In the usa people are already mostly overweight. Have been for years.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

There's another effect - the scarcity mindset. Its instinctual, even if you have plenty. We're programmed to load up when we think there might be shortages coming, for survival. The advent of refrigeration, canning, vacuum packing and preservatives hasn't wiped that out of our being.

Try to remain cognizant and don't give in to it!

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 16-3-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

any time you care to see come on down to pensacola and i'll show ya.
gym muscles aint all their cracked up to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join