It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Moving quickly now. Hawaii cases have tripled from yesterday: www.khon2.com...

Even given that our testing has been embarrassing.

coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

I'm sure the link above has been shared already, but I first found it Wednesday. Shows real time confirmed cases in the country, by state.

Total US cases were around 1000.

Today, 3 days later, we are over 3000. Tripled in three days. Again, that's even with our abysmal national testing.

Exponential spread is real.
edit on 15-3-2020 by VariableConstant because: link

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maker22
a reply to: ARM1968

As is said, politicians are over represented.

They are much more mobile around the globe with contact in large conferences, media, etc., thus more prone to exposure.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maker22
a reply to: ARM1968

As is said, politicians are over represented.

Is it because they have a greater access to tests or ....

it is because they want to make it real for us !

Two PM have their wives infected... you can add some mayors and other deputies that are not listed here

[...]

More famous people in spain.... Twitter
edit on Sun Mar 15 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: EarthShine
A wet tshirt can substitute somewhat for a mask. But one would also need wraparound glasses, gloves, how about ear muffs? Would thick hair deter the tiny virus from getting into a head? a reply to: musicismagic

ummm. just no.

The water in the fibers of the shirt would act as a vehicle for the virus to make contact with your skin underneath.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
We are our own worst enemies.

People trying to get home before flights are suspended.

No idea where this is..

but 0 social distancing, kids on the floor, people holding hand rails, some people no masks

twitter.com...

The little kid licking the hand rail at the bottom right makes my eye twitch.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: LuckyCharmz

Two sites you need to read. Biorxiv and Medrxiv. They have all the published data including its entire genome as its moved throughout the world. It is college level material, if you need help understanding just ask on here, tons of very smart people on here.

Unless the conspiracy includes all the researchers and Healthcare professionals, and the universities, and me of course.

Actually nevermind, the virus is an agent turning people into zombies, there's YouTube videos on how to fight them, good luck.

ROTFL! Bravo.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Its about time someone reported on this.
Now the unprecedented activities that took place make sense.
Its the second time (Tawain) a researcher has said something about testicles

Another effective characteristic of a depop BW. This tool was based on a best results wish list!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
SOUTH AFRICA UPDATE

1. Total Cases 51 +13
2. Cabinet considering travel bans and public gathering restrictions. No details on this yet.
3. No deaths and no critical cases yet.

News24 Link1
News24 Link2

In our efforts to expand and streamline testing for COVID-19, we have decided that doctors do not need to contact the NICD for approval as long as they apply the case definition before testing. The NICD will test the submitted samples as long as the required supporting documents accompany the sample

NICD

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

We have zero cases of unknown origin, it is not spreading here at the moment.
a reply to: myselfaswell

It is beginning to spread in Australia now.

You can not even get tested unless you have had known contact with someone from an overseas hotspot.

At his daily press conference, chief medical officer Brendan Murphy said there had been "early evidence of community transmission", mainly in New South Wales
www.abc.net.au...

Dr Chant said the majority of infections in NSW were acquired overseas and 32 cases were contacts of confirmed cases.

But the source of infection for four of the latest 12 cases is not yet known.

abc.net.au

Nine new coronavirus cases in Victoria, including first community transmission

7news.com.au...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
No link on this it was just texted to me

Stanford hospital board internal message:

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late. Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Japan: Sunday 8 pm

1. 785 cases of infections
2. 24 people now have died

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I can't believe people are still traveling, ignoring this thing. One of my best friends and his girlfriend are going to Florida (I think they flew out yesterday) for vacation. One of my colleagues flew to Ireland with his whole family for 2 weeks on Friday (now I see US is suspending travel from there so I guess he won't be coming back to work any time soon)

Meanwhile I was in emergency meetings Thursday afternoon and all day Friday at work - all upper management had these meetings and at end of the day Friday we had a company-wide meeting to talk about contingency planning. Beginning next week employees begin getting set up with laptops to work from home - after Wednesday all employees are given the "option" to work from home.

I am very confident this event and the consequences will result in many people being laid off (hopefully the company can survive, period)

Keeping my wits about me though - I'm even going to continue studying for some designation exams for once the dust settles.

Stay as calm as possible and use logic people. The ones freaking out are f***ing things up for everyone else. Yes this is scary but panicking is the worst thing anyone can possibly do.

The panic is what will allow private interest groups and nefarious parties to coerce the public into unconstitutional/draconian new measures. DO NOT let this happen guys, please! The idiot public will likely take any deal the gov gives them if they're freaking out and think the gov will save them. We cannot let that happen, period!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Stay as calm as possible and use logic people. The ones freaking out are f***ing things up for everyone else. Yes this is scary but panicking is the worst thing anyone can possibly do.

The panic is what will allow private interest groups and nefarious parties to coerce the public into unconstitutional/draconian new measures. DO NOT let this happen guys, please! The idiot public will likely take any deal the gov gives them if they're freaking out and think the gov will save them. We cannot let that happen, period!

Actually your last sentence from what I've seen, those in Washington DC are too weak hearted to be even able to think clearly, they'd have fake a faint just to get out of tough questions. We need real Americans for Americans now in office in DC.
edit on Sun Mar 15 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
People misbehaving in Europe, watch out US, this will come near you as well.

While Europe is locking down and many countries took extreme measures, like closing bars, restaurants, social gatherings, etc... some of the people, especially the younger generation, are trying the best they can to avoid the limitations.
Lot's of people cross the borders to countries were bars are still open, spreading the virus everywhere.
Others organize illegal 'lockdown' parties with many people in small areas behind closed doors. The streets of the larger cities are filled with youngsters gathering in large groups, drinking, looking for trouble....

Authorities try their best to discourage this kind of behavior but a lot of people seem to have the idea that it is their right to go an do whatever they want, and thus these FOOLS keep spreading the virus further.

Doctors are calling out to avoid taking risks. The people who do not follow the guidelines will get sick, might go into the hospital, ICU even, but they will recover in 2-3 weeks. All that time they are taking the so much needed hospital and ICU beds while the weaker group is forced to stay home and possibly die!

People really show how selfish they really are in times like this! Is it so much to ask to stay at home for a couple of weeks to help save human lives?

on a sidenote: If I ever find out that one of my kids have been to such a party or endangered lives with their selfish behavior, I will personally smack them into a 3 weeks lasting coma!!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

twitter.com...

I am an anesthetist. In Italy, 2 colleagues died, 4 on respiration. It is not unlikely that we will also lose colleagues in the Netherlands. Is it really such a huge sacrifice not to go to the pub or the restaurant?

This. People need to wake the # up. We're talking human lives here and lots of people (mostly youths) don't care at all and keep spreading it, till the (coming) point we have forced city quarantaines.

- Little update:

-Head hospital ZMC has COVID-19
- ''Fake news'' going around that the situation in the hospital in Brabant is critical.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Update: Tokyo March 15, 2020 Time 8:30 pm Sunday

Well, today we didn't do so well. But it's Sunday and the number of cases have gone up by a little. I've been saying this for a while. Many people in Osaka have the virus but are not showing signs of it. I really feel this is true in Tokyo. When people are not working they'll have time to be tested and that day is coming by the hour for many in Tokyo.

Here is an update:

Of 785 people infected in Japan and travelers from China,
148 in Hokkaido (increasing daily ) not sure why, but I know we are having butter shortages, milk is ok though
121 in Aichi
102 in Osaka (this place has a lot of street vendors at night, they need to close them down)
87 in Tokyo,
71 in Hyogo
53 in Kanagawa ,
31 in Chiba ,
29 in Saitama
17 in Kyoto (Kyoto's numbers seem to be something really strange also, many foreigners live there)
16 in Niigata
15 in Wakayama
12 in Kochi,
8 people in Nara prefecture, ( this is bad for tourism) I wonder if many got it from tourist )
7 people in Ishikawa prefecture , 8 people in
Mie prefecture
6 people in Kumamoto prefecture
5 people in Gunma prefecture
4 people in Nagano prefecture
3 people in Shizuoka prefecture,
3 in Yamaguchi, 3 in
Fukuoka, 3 in
Okinawa ,
2 in Akita, 2 in
Fukushima, 2 in
Tochigi, 2 in
Yamanashi, 2 in
Gifu 2 people,
Ehime prefecture 2 people,
Miyagi prefecture 1 person,
Shiga prefecture 1 person,
Hiroshima prefecture 1 person, (this figure I don't get it at all)
Tokushima prefecture 1 person,
Nagasaki prefecture 1 person,
Oita prefecture One person,
1One person in Saga Prefecture 1one person in
Miyazaki Prefecture
13 employees including the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare's staff and quarantine officers, and those who were confirmed to be infected by airport quarantine.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard

I think we NEED to force a quarantine! Nobody is looking forward to being locked in their homes but we really need to do this! the situation is getting out of hand so fast and the people are doing so little to stop the spread.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Sounds a little like how a civilisation could collapse, that's going to end badly the youth out there doing that...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sounds a little like how a civilization could collapse, that's going to end badly the youth out there doing that...

this is after only one day of lock down. Not just the youth, people keep inviting their family over for dinner parties, not realizing that they are killing grandma!

When this happened in China and we saw the videos about how the police and military intervened, I didn't agree with that approach, called it a violation of human rights,...
But now....
I wish the military patrolled the streets like they did after the terror attacks and forced people inside their homes

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I have be honest a military in the streets is a scary prospect.

I'm starting to think some of the more outlandish stories about lung destruction and secondary infections have merit and this virus is particularly nasty to those of us the virus thrives in.

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join