It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 308
<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

I tried sharing that on Facebook a couple of days ago....according to FB it contravened their terms or some such and I wasn't able to post!

Angry Rainbows
Jane

They were having algorithm problems, it probably got caught in that.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
a reply to: MrRCflying
self-censoring...

edit on 31-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
From French Live Feed :

- 21h20 : Sea Worm Blood could be used in Trials in France (Lugworm).

So, you're fine with seaworm blood - but ridicule Vitamin C...

Got it...

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sky News Australia reporting about how we should not forget that China is responsible for this crisis
www.youtube.com...

We don't see much (if any) critique about China in the UK...

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
UK update from where I live - small market town in Yorkshire.

We have a hospital serving the town and surrounding areas, I know a couple of nurses who work there.

About 2 weeks ago we had 3 and then 4 confirmed cases there.

Today there are 2 full wards and they're preparing a 3rd ward just for covid 19.

So far 5 people have died of it there.

That hospital is literally half a mile from my house - I can tell you it takes the whole thing to a different level of scary when it's happening on your doorstep.

I feel really sorry for one of these 2 nurses, she is 22/23 and still classed as a student nurse or apprentice type thing - she's working in there and is pretty much on minimum wage.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
622 new deaths in the USA so far. Yesterday was our previous high at 558. And we're still missing the New York evening report and Washington State among others. We had a big increase in New Jersey, Louisiana, and Michigan.

New Deaths in:
New Jersey 37 yesterday, 69 today
Michigan 55 yesterday, 75 today
Louisiana 34 yesterday, 54 today
New York (Morning report) 155 yesterday, 208 today

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DankyDSmythe
UK update from where I live - small market town in Yorkshire.

We have a hospital serving the town and surrounding areas, I know a couple of nurses who work there.

About 2 weeks ago we had 3 and then 4 confirmed cases there.

Today there are 2 full wards and they're preparing a 3rd ward just for covid 19.

So far 5 people have died of it there.

That hospital is literally half a mile from my house - I can tell you it takes the whole thing to a different level of scary when it's happening on your doorstep.

I feel really sorry for one of these 2 nurses, she is 22/23 and still classed as a student nurse or apprentice type thing - she's working in there and is pretty much on minimum wage.

EDIT: The 1st patient to die there was on March 26th - the 5th on March 29th...

...it moves quickly.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DankyDSmythe

It's been pretty crazy how fast and hard the hospitals get hit. There was a nurse in Michigan who posted on Instagram that 10 days prior she thought the whole thing was no big deal and wasn't worried at all and now she's scared and working double shifts. Shocked at the amount of people coming in. The hospital had one respirator left at the end of her prior shift and they were given ONE mask each to use for the rest of the year.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Numbers update for the day 22.39 GMT :

USA States :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

edit on 31-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added links

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

A California scientist and his team say they have found a potential cure for COVID-19.

News 8 introduced you to Dr. Jacob Glanville of Distributed Bio a couple of weeks ago. He's one of the doctors featured in the Netflix show "Pandemic." His team in the Bay Area has been working around the clock trying to come up with a drug to treat COVID-19. Monday he announced he believes they've found one.

"We are happy to announce we have completed the engineering and we have some very potent antibodies that can be effective against the virus," said Dr. Glanville.

'Pandemic' scientist says his team has discovered potential cure for COVID-19

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
South Carolina governor finally closing non essential businesses.

Trying to "do the least" with the greatest results or some such is the general message.

We have a local Dr. who is releasing his own presumptive positive numbers that are much higher than DHEC's, they're clearly behind.

I had to drive Sunday and there were loads of youth playing basketball at the local park. 100 at least, maybe more. Parks are supposed to be closed.

Public school released guidance for the rest of the year including grades but didn't go in to details, would be nice to know those details. I guess it's only up to teachers to know, and give out that information. Some schools doing better than others with that. Some schools seem to be in total denial and despite us being on week 3 of home schooling are just now starting to work on "real" work to send home.

For being the deep rural south where we rarely get anything first or in much supply, we have tests and it's easy and local to get testing done, that much I can say.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The death rate in the US is slowly rising. It was at 1.8% earlier today but is now at 2%. Last week was 1.5%. The running theory that the percentage would go down as we tested more people....... not panning out.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Imagine it … kind of like? a foot race?
Right now, the virus's 'runner' has the lead, and is very fast, spreading far and wide within our populations.

The virus runner got a head start. Ugh.

But now, we are testing people, as fast as possible also, like another runner starting secondly after the virus, but catching up; so, what does this mean? IMO the percentage WILL go down, but it is going to take a while, because there will be a 'lag' in time between when the virus got started spreading really fast, and then secondly when the test volume from the laboratories can catch up. Just wait.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I get what you're saying. There's definitely a lag time... my good friend in Houston was tested 11 days ago and still has no word. She was told it was taking 14 days. I think though, that as more hospitals fill and staff is stretched, the rate will go up more until we figure out better treatments.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Is it better to accept this goal of limiting us deaths to under 200,000, or to reduce it further by demanding that everyone stay inside, and lawfully enforce it.?

From the White House Press briefing today: twitter.com...
edit on 3/31/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If this disease does not begin to slow down in the next two to three weeks, or IF there is not a preventative medicine or a cure that comes out in the next few months, looking at my numbers, I am projecting that this may very well be the THIRD leading cause of death in the US for 2020.

I am, also, now going to project, that by the end of Wednesday April 8th, the US will have at least 15,000 deaths. And by the next day Thursday April 9th, the US will have had more deaths from Covid-19 (barely 1 ½ month time) than the total ESTIMATED number of SARS deaths of 2009, in the US, for a year’s time (8,868 – 18,306).

Now that I have gone out on a limb and made my statement, there will undoubtedly be those who wish to saw off the limb I have gone out on. BUT on April 8th, we will see when the limb is cut, if those who oppose these numbers were closer to the tree, or if myself, and my numbers were closer to the tree.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
www.thedrive.com...

"Sailors Do Not Need To Die": Captain Of COVID-19 Plagued Carrier Pleads To Bring Crew Ashore (Updated)

The captain of the U.S. Navy's Nimitz class aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, which is in port in Guam and experiencing a major outbreak of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, has sent an unprecedented letter to the service's headquarters. In it, the officer implores his superiors to allow him to move the bulk of his crew to facilities ashore to stem the spread of the virus to "prevent tragic outcomes."

The San Francisco Chronicle was first to report on the letter from U.S. Navy Captain Brett Crozier, which it obtained and that it says a senior officer on the carrier confirmed as authentic, on Mar. 31, 2020. The Theodore Roosevelt had been operating in the Western Pacific, but sailed to Guam after three sailors tested positive for COVID-19 and arrived there on Mar. 26. The Chronicle has reported that between 150a nd 200 members of the carrier's crew have now contracted the virus. The War Zone had already warned last week that the situation developing on board the carrier could be a canary in the coal mine type event for the Navy.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Sky News Australia reporting about how we should not forget that China is responsible for this crisis
www.youtube.com...

We don't see much (if any) critique about China in the UK...

Finally a mainstream report that doesn’t kiss China’s butt

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Virgin Orbit has designed a super simple ventilator. They are waiting on FDA approval. It looks like maybe $100 worth of parts there. I hope they can get these approved and out ASAP. It may be a game changer.

Check out the video here: Ventilator

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Breaking. It looks like only 12% of the deaths in Italy attributed to Coronavirus, were actually related to Coronavirus.

twitter.com...

What the....?!

top topics

<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join