It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 264
<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   
NY is up again from 37258 last night to 38977 this morning:
www.worldometers.info...

Johns Hopkins University

Well, Oneida county has bumped up to 16 cases:
www.wktv.com...

Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente said Thursday one more person has tested positive for coronavirus in Oneida County, bringing the total to 16. He said two people out of the 16 are hospitalized outside Oneida County and one person is hospitalized in Oneida County.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Honest question.

Do you think you would still have the same opinion if you lived in NYC, Spain, Italy or the UK?

Honest answer: Spain, Italy, a d the UK aren't bound by the US Constitution and the guaranteed Rights held within it, so likely my argument in any of those countries would be much different. I was born an American and have stayed one for my entire life, though. My mindset was molded through a life of exercising those Rights. So yeah, if I was in NYC I'd probably be even more aggressively attacking these infringements than I am now because, if anything, I'm on the sidelines of the Rights infringement here in Alaska. We've seen infringements, but nowhere near what the governors and mayors in NY, Illinois, VA, and California have used this crisis to enact.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I truly knew my hype in my "street talk" would be that someone in Tokyo was following us here. And I posted about a jump to 5000 very quickly in Tokyo. Well, my figure was a low estimate.

The health ministry estimated Tokyo could see upwards of 530 cases between now and April 8, and when the epidemic peaks, it might have to deal with up to 700 daily patients who need intensive care or respirators as well as more than twenty thousand who need treatment for pneumonia.

So I also mentioned about the foreigners in that area. They are NOT going to mostly abide. But guess what, deportation is very real for them. Break the law, out you go in this country and it doesn't matter if you are married to a Japanese national. There are also other health laws that can get you out of the country if you are single too. No need to break the law on that one.

I hope the SDF (self defense forces) are preparing for the worst to come. Whether it will be building tent hospitals or crowd control.
Internationalism might have backed fired on Japan in this case. Hope not because that includes me too .

But this is interesting:
Municipal leaders have the authority to close office buildings, parks and other facilities but cannot compel residents to stay indoors or punish those who fail to comply. The declaration of a national emergency, however, would give them authority to do so. And that law has been past.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
scary.... I read an article today about Australia's latest fatality. A male in his 70 who was a passenger on Diamond Princess and appeared fine and healthy.. he suddenly collapsed.. then died 2 days later.

“He was a very fit, healthy and active man with no known underlying health issues.
“He showed no real significant signs of being unwell until he collapsed at home on Wednesday morning. He died within 48 hours.

www.perthnow.com.au... b881501906z

now go back to January and we remember the movies of people suddenly dropping like someone turned off their lights
www.dailymail.co.uk...

... scary
edit on 27/3/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
We just had our first confirmed case in a cat.

Several days after its owner tested positive, the animal started getting sick with coughing, vomiting and diarrhea. The vet sent the animals feces for testing and they found the virus.

so far it's the only case of a pet infection over here.... I wonder if they systemically have been testing our cats and dogs? They might as well be spreaders without getting sick.
Experts say that in all 3 known cases around the world, it was a human that infected the animal and not the other way around.
edit on 27-3-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I read and also posted that it affects the brain. I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of that in New Orleans in a few months when it really gets hot and muggy there. Here in May and June, hot and muggy too.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle

Several days after its owner tested positive, the animal started getting sick with coughing, vomiting and diarrhea. The vet sent the animals feces for testing and they found the virus.

so far it's the only case of a pet infection over here.... I wonder if they systemically have been testing our cats and dogs? They might as well be spreaders without getting sick.
Experts say that in all 3 known cases around the world, it was a human that infected the animal and not the other way around.

Source please 👍🏻

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

just heard it in a live press conference, there will be an English source in a while

here is a dutch one
www.hln.be...

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle
I can't say that I am surprised.
Thanks for the news.
Another thing to look out for.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Thanks for the news.

You've been quietly waiting for this moment. It's time to put the kybosh on those darn felines.

Seriously though thats crap, really if pets are getting it and transmitting it, hopefully these few cases remain just that.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Boris Johnson confirmed to have caught Covid-19

Link

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Looks like it would be prudent to quarantine pets with their owners. Don't let cats and dogs out. And don't let stray cats or dogs around yours.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tracele

Link

That likley means others in the cabinet have it too,what with all the meetings(and free bars).

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: Tracele

Link

That likley means others in the cabinet have it too,what with all the meetings(and free bars).

Definitely, they’ll all have it now... very worrying indeed.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

a reply to: FinallyAwake

just heard it in a live press conference, there will be an English source in a while

here is a dutch one
www.hln.be...

Thank you 👍🏻

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
In Thailand the numbers are definitely ramping up but still far from the crisis levels in many other places.
According to this website: covid19info.live...
We currently have 1136 total cases with 97 recovered and only 5 deaths so far.

Going out for a bit today we saw most people wearing masks even while motorbiking along the country roads and everybody going on quite cheerfully with their lives.

The government has instructed people over 70 to sequester themselves at home which is a joke in our family because I'm nearly 72 but I'm the "young guy" who they depend upon to drive and to bring food and medicine around to my elderly inlaws.

So far, so good!

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
From a CTH poster:

WHY EASTER?

USA 20.Mar.6AM: 86004 tested cases, 1300 deaths.
Diamond Princess: 11 deaths of 712 symptomatic cases.
1300 * 712 / 11 = 84145 symptomatic. Agrees with US current 86000 symptomatic.

Fauci paper 80% asymptomatic cases: 86004/.2=430000 real cases in USA.

US population 350M: 86004/350000000=0.0002 = 0.02% real cases. (Consider time lag…)

Diamond Princess: avg incubation time 7.5d, so 0.02% US infected detected on Mar 27 6AM, so 0.02% of USA were actually infected on Mar 19 6PM.

US Deaths doubling every 3 days from tracking site, applied to real infected cases in USA:
H.19.Mar.6PM: 0.02%
N.22.Mar: 0.04%
W.25.Mar: 0.8%
S.28.Mar: 1.6%
W.1.Apr: 3.2%
S.4.Apr: 6.4%
T.7.Apr: 12.8%
F.10.Apr:25.6%
M.13.Apr.6PM: 51.2%
Easter Sun Apr 12th: virus will have run out of willing victims. All lockdowns should be dropped. That is “why Easter.”

Peak hospital load: F.10.Apr+7.5 days from infected = F.Apr.17.

Hospital load should decline over following 11 days avg hospital stay duration = T.28.Apr.

This all has to be colored by people/sqmi of NYC vs Billings MT. And lockdown implemented ~25.Mar @ 1%. But many didn’t heed, and many those that did will be out of fresh food and either have the virus delivered or go get it at the grocery store this weekend while 2% are infected and shedding virus.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: butcherguy
Thanks for the news.

You've been quietly waiting for this moment. It's time to put the kybosh on those darn felines.

Seriously though thats crap, really if pets are getting it and transmitting it, hopefully these few cases remain just that.

There was a reason behind the video that came out of Chinese workers clubbing dogs over the head with shovels and throwing the bodies in a truck.
Sad.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Honest question.

Do you think you would still have the same opinion if you lived in NYC, Spain, Italy or the UK?

Honest answer: Spain, Italy, a d the UK aren't bound by the US Constitution and the guaranteed Rights held within it, so likely my argument in any of those countries would be much different. I was born an American and have stayed one for my entire life, though. My mindset was molded through a life of exercising those Rights. So yeah, if I was in NYC I'd probably be even more aggressively attacking these infringements than I am now because, if anything, I'm on the sidelines of the Rights infringement here in Alaska. We've seen infringements, but nowhere near what the governors and mayors in NY, Illinois, VA, and California have used this crisis to enact.

Thanks for your honesty.

And yes you should be discussing your constitutional rights in another thread.

👍🏻

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
That is worryng about cats-they generally cover a far bigger area than dogs and interact with other cats,then return to their homes for food.
In place like China they have more feral dogs,which they saw as a problem-but all cats are sort of feral by nature.
If they can give the virus to their human owners,they could be a serious disease vector.

Keep them inside!

<< 261  262  263    265  266  267 >>

join