It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Update : Tokyo Thursday March 19 time : noon time

March 19th, wow this is the date I left the military. Too old now to be called back, but I most certainly would go back in.

OK, here in Japan is like how the real world should be reacting. There is no panic. Cities are calm with people going about their business. No food shortage AT ALL. All our stores are fully stocked with tons of food on the shelves. Yes, we all went through "stage 1 panic attack". But because we all calmed down there is community support groups helping out. One is the lunch meals for children at home. Some restaurants are now offering 1 dollars meals. The govt. just said something about paying the utilities ( for real, people, thousands and thousands of people are working part time and just don't have the money now) but I don't have and update on it.
I've been mentioning this for a few times: PLEASE DO NOT COME TO JAPAN
There are reasons for this and there just is too many for me to explain. People are trying to come to this country because they feel safe here. So far I have to agree with that thinking. But even now we shut our doors for the business we've had for nearly 3 decades. I do want to stress this: There is absolutely no "hysteria " going on here.

My update:

Of the 923 people infected in Japan and 923 travelers and returnees from China,
Hokkaido: 154, Hokkaido is not looking good at all
Aichi: 130, this figure worries me because of the fast increase of cases
Osaka: 117, hard to believe that figure
Tokyo: 111, at my age, I don't believe in Santa Claus no more
Hyogo: 92,
60 in Kanagawa ,
35 in Saitama ,
33 in Chiba this is where Disneyland is.
, 22 in Niigata
, 21 in Kyoto
, 16 in Wakayama ,
12 in Kochi people,
Gunma Prefecture 10 people,
Mie Prefecture 9 people,
Nara Prefecture 8 people, lots of tourist businesses are losing big time here
Ishikawa Prefecture 7 people,
Kumamoto Prefecture 6 people, here we have a college with international students ( I don't know about the situation with the foreign students and how they are affect , kind of too quiet about this one?
Nagano Prefecture 4 people,
Shiga Prefecture 4 people
4 people in Fukuoka , there are lot of international businesses here. this figure, again, I don't believe in Santa Claus
3 people in Tochigi, 3 people in
Gifu, 3 people in
Shizuoka, 3 people in
Yamaguchi, 3 people in for Yamaguchi, 3 people , just one family (impossible to believe, no new numbers in 3 weeks, whose leg are they trying to pull. Actually Yamaguchi has many industries and an aging population
Ehime, 3 people in
Miyazaki,
3 people in Okinawa, wonder if they are testing people (thousands of Chinese have been there since last Nov.)
2 people in Akita, 2 people in
Fukushima, 2 people in
Ibaraki, 2 people in
Yamanashi
, 1 person in Miyagi, 1 person in
Fukui,
▽ 1 person in Hiroshima, 1 person in
Tokushima, 1 person in
Kagawa, 1 person in
Saga, 1 person in
Nagasaki, 1 person in
Oita,

17 people including the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare's staff and quarantine officers, and those who have been confirmed to be infected by airport quarantine.

According to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, as of the 18th, the number of severely ill persons
was 46 people infected in Japan.

Anyway people best to have a bicycle and go out and get some fresh spring time air.

TRY NOT TO GET ALL STRESSED OUT, ITS NOT WORTH IT

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

The New York Stock Exchange trading floor will temporarily shut down after two people tested positive for COVID-19 this week. Instead, the exchange will begin fully electronic trading, which will start on Monday.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

PLEASE DO NOT COME TO JAPAN

We has no Olympics nows?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Oh so that’s how they did it.. wow MONDAY maybe a very bad day..

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

The New York Stock Exchange trading floor will temporarily shut down after two people tested positive for COVID-19 this week. Instead, the exchange will begin fully electronic trading, which will start on Monday.

www.cnbc.com...

That's no surprise at ALL. I'm surprised that didn't happen sooner. Monday LOL. The DOW would be at 15k by Friday at this rate. This is a cover story, IMO.
edit on 18-3-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

Yeah. But it can be pretty harsh over time.
I'll stick with plenty of hand soap and water.

Your laziness is effective on me lol so I won't be lazy to make sanitizer.
So the objective is to lower the percentage of alcohol at about 60%?

Agree on hand soap and water, but not always available for me on work.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The tides have turned...

Update from FamCore in Vermont the Green Mountain State:

First night of self-isolation
Fiancee also self-isolating but the Governor may be asking schools to open back up and having the same school staff provide childcare/daycare for essential personnel - I told her not to sweat it and that we'll cross that bridge when/if we get there

(I think that's the first time I've said "she", I have always tried to say "they" for privacy reasons but if I'm being candid.. IDGAF at this point and ATS may be one of the things that helped me save myself and loved ones from this thing)

Anyway, it is me, her and our rabbit Cooper who is the friggen man (I'll upload pictures tomorrow since I'll have time, now that I'm self-isolating), my 8 fish (we lost one yesterday, RIP Fyodor), and we're ready to try to ride this thing out however long it may be.

19 "official" cases here but the State Health website has been shady re-arranging how they count cases and are consistently reporting later in the day (even though the website said it updates at 1 PM each day, now it's 2 PM and they still keep reporting and hour or 2 later than they say they will)

Anyway, it's a new level of stress, not to mention the financial/economic situation which is going to force a paradigm shift with our global economy as well as the nature of trade AND travel from this point forward

edit on 18-3-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

I heard somewhere that the concentration should be no less than 60% in order to be effective so I used that. You'll probably find various values.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

PLEASE DO NOT COME TO JAPAN

We has no Olympics nows?

The Olympic task force at the moment is quiet. They are encouraging everyone to continue training but as we are now finding out, the training sites are being closed up. Actually my opinion is this: there will .... Olympics.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
a reply to: Karyotype

Yes thank you my main hang up is if the 76% isopropyl rubbing alcohol I have is strong enough to make the sanitizer with or if I need a certain measurement of it

TheAMEDDoc said recently that any alcohol over 70% works. I remember it specifically because I checked all my bottles and some were 50% and some were 60%. I hope this helps. (But that the ratio of alcohol to Aloe gel is 60/40.). Please let us know if you make some, and how it turned out.
edit on 18/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

www.cnbc.com...

That's no surprise at ALL. I'm surprised that didn't happen sooner. Monday LOL. The DOW would be at 15k by Friday at this rate. This is a cover story, IMO.

lower..

there's no bottom on the market. All the cash has been withdrawn. Once America's lock down starts biting it could go under 10k

link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It’s not proven yet..

There is no evidence that sun exposure kills the 2019 coronavirus. UNICEF has debunked a post that claims the organization said sunlight is effective against the virus. There is evidence that viruses don’t like heat. President Trump has said coronavirus infections could slow with warmer weather, but some experts doubt that prediction. A few of the best ways to prevent the coronavirus are to wash your hands with soap and water, avoid touching your face and disinfect surfaces in your home daily.

Sorry, it might help, but with everyone so close together kids wrestling, kissing, drinking out of the same cup. Don’t get me started on the stupidity I saw on the beach today. I shoulda took pics.

Anyhow x is the source. Sorry 😐.

Sun exposure does not kill the coronavirus

I am going to argue that it is not the heat but the UV rays that possibly help

Rainbows
Jane

link   
a reply to: Tukota

That being the case, 76% isoprop doesn't leave much room for anything else.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

There are places where the sun don't shine. Even on a beach.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

www.cnbc.com...

lower..

there's no bottom on the market. All the cash has been withdrawn. Once America's lock down starts biting it could go under 10k

Agreed. And the the fact that many masses are begging for lock-downs is staggering, and concerning.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Got it

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Sorry to say this, but there were articles released this morning that some members of the IOC were saying to delay for at least 6 months. Another said the Spain IOC Representative wanted to cancel the Olympics.

Maybe they could organize a virtual Olympics where athletes compete for their own countries with IOC supervision to ensure no cheating.

The IOC is all about money for the host country, I saw all the crap they did in 2008 when I lived in Beijing. They will want Japan to somehow make a bunch of money.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
a reply to: Karyotype

Yes thank you my main hang up is if the 76% isopropyl rubbing alcohol I have is strong enough to make the sanitizer with or if I need a certain measurement of it

I remember it specifically because I checked all my bottles and some were 50%

Those are drinkable

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
double post
edit on 18/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

Sorry to say this, but there were articles released this morning that some members of the IOC were saying to delay for at least 6 months. Another said the Spain IOC Representative wanted to cancel the Olympics.

Maybe they could organize a virtual Olympics where athletes compete for their own countries with IOC supervision to ensure no cheating.

The IOC is all about money for the host country, I saw all the crap they did in 2008 when I lived in Beijing. They will want Japan to somehow make a bunch of money.

From what I heard on TV this morning , is that the training camps are being closed. That's all I know. Also Japan now has banned travelers from 88 countries. So, I guess I really don't know too much at the moment. What I like about the news here is that its not like the end of the world broadcast. Calm and peaceful reporting. Plus they don't beat around the bush.

I'd like to say this. I don't know anything about the stock market, but if you can try to buy stocks into this company: en.wikipedia.org...

They make the chemicals that go into medicine. check them out
also they are in Yamaguchi Prefecture with only 3 known cases of the virus.

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join