It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Norway and others intentionally faking their Corona virus death count?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

As I mentioned earlier, this thread's statistics are based on official numbers.

-MM

edit on 6-3-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

There's no reason to decontaminate anything, it's just a cold.

The death rate in first world nations will be less than 1%. Less than half of 1%.

Most infected people don't even go to the hospital to get tested over a mild cold so a large number aren't being counted in these statistics.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There cannot be proper statistical numbers when comparing death rates between countries. There’s other issues : Norway has a good healthcare system, and fairly clean air.

China has a healthcare system too, but is massively polluted.

Even between Canada and the US, there will be differences, because of our different healthcare systems and politics.
I know, politics shouldn’t enter into anything, but our country’s leaders are both different kinds of morons, with their different idiocities......😕

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

It wouldn't surprise me. This whole coronavirus thing is getting ridiculous. Lowest deaths of anything, yet the largest blown up. And for what?

For comparison purposes....
You do realize that the flu has a death rate of about .05% as opposed to covid-19's low ball number of 3.5%. That's 70 TIMES more deadly than the flu. Oh and the R.0. Value for the flu is about 1.3 (meaning everyone infected will transmit it to 1.3 people on average) and reaches about 13% of Americans....covid-19 has an R.0. Value of at least 2.6 and these are VERY conservative numbers. The flu kills about 13k people a year in the U.S... With these numbers covid-19 is projected to kill well over 4,500,000 people in the united states. and this is using data from WHO and CDC so if you dont like the numbers you can argue with them.

Covid-19 is no effing joke, and some people like you are going to have a very rude awakening on a very bad day real soon if we dont contain this disease......and unfortunately it doesn't look like we are going to.
edit on 3/6/2020 by Alien Abduct because: Fixed bolding

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

How is accepting panic going to provide any less rudeness upon contracting and expressing a virus?

How is winning this argument somehow making those screaming the loudest...somehow MORE prepared than the ones who arent?

ask yoursrlf that

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

about 10% of everyone that test positive for the Coronavirus get so seriously sick that they need to be hostpitalized

Not flu. Very hard to tell if it is flu or COVID19 in early stages. Transmits differently, who is infected, very serious disease.

80% mild disease and will recover. 20% go on to severe disease and require advanced care.

Many with severe disease now going on to cover.

It doesn’t mean you will die, it means you need the right care and very good chance of survival.

Here is my source. The 20% stat is not in question. Even Trump said it during his CV speech.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

My post was merely an attempt to open ones eyes.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: BlueJacket

My post was merely an attempt to open ones eyes.

Thank you. Nice with facts for once, rather than the usual "you don't know maths" and "there are no trustworthy data so we can't even discuss it" echobox in here.

-MM
edit on 7-3-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Based on the worldwide Coronavirus statistics (100,000 infected of which 3,400 people killed), about 10% of everyone that test positive for the Coronavirus get so seriously sick that they need to be hostpitalized, and about 3% are killed by the virus. Still, in some countries, like Norway, officials claim that of 113 infected people as of today (source:Norwegian Institute of Publich Health) NO ONE (ZERO!!!) people have even gotten seriously sick! It does not make sense mathematically - that would be one hell of a statistical anomality. The math alone says that about 10 people should be seriously sick and 3 people dead.

Opinions?

-MM

I think it’s hard to really read too much in to the stats so far given that 80% of the numbers come from one overburdened locality. If there are multiple strains, Norway be blessed with a less virulent one and may just be well-positioned to treat this initial group of cases. So while it looks suspicious, I don’t think you can conclude it’s fake. Faking on the low side would risk people taking it lightly and spreading it. No way any government wants that on their hands. Just have to say “small sample size” thus far and see where it goes.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Learn to use Google Search engine.

So Google is the Ultimate source of all data? That might be part of the issue.

Google would never censor anything.....

Are you claiming that my numbers of 100,000 people infected and 3,400 people dead are lies, here is a link that proves that YOU ARE a lier.

news.sky.com...

-MM

Those are not your numbers and yes they are a complete lie. We've ALL been lied to about the extent this has spread. I suspect a few million in the US alone are infected right now. It's been spreading uncontrolled here since early Jan. at least. Little to no testing = No problems detected.
edit on 7-3-2020 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
oh dear - previous post deleted - apparently i was rude

now screaming the norgies are lying - because they report 113 infected - no crit care cases and no fatalities

is simply assanine

you dont know who is infected [ patient demographic age fitness etc etc etc

nor do you know when thiey were infected - to state the obvious - it takes time to die

patient demographic plays a big part too

ie - the crit care // dead progression would be radically different in 113 norgie paratroopers who had just returned from ex in china than compared to 113 patients in a residential care home for ashmatics

but hey - you chose to scream " norgies are lying " - just cos it felt good

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i wonder if people who cklaim the norgies are lying - believe the current UK govt stats

206 - confirmed cases - 2 dead [ both pensioners ]

i deliberatly ignore the UK citizen who died as a result of his illness following the asian cruise ship outbreak

but given the fact that som many UK cases are new [ < 5 days ]

and it takes time to die

UK stats are neither worrying - nor out of line with other 1st world nations experience

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Update.

1. Yesterday, despite officially 0 people being "seriously sick", the first Corona virus casualty was reported, this "older person" had been hospitalized "for some time" - despite this, 0 people were reported as "seriously sick" from Corona virus by officials... If not dying in hospital is not considered "seriously sick", then I don't know what would be.

2. When the Norwegian Health Minister was asked by a reporter how many people where "hospitalized" because of the virus yesterday, he answered "14 people" but that he did not know how many of these were seriousy sick! --- if your're hospitalized then your seriously sick, imo...

3. The statistics of the number of infected suddendly doubles the every day, more than the usual +20% per day, are they trying to fix previously underreported numbers? Just 7 days ago the official number of infected were 113, tomorrow Norway will probably have more than 1,000 infected.

4. Today, Norway will probably reach 1,000 corona virus infected, but still the official numbers claim that 0 people are seriously sick, even the 14 hospitalized is probably a faulty number as the world-wide average says 20% of the infected are seriously sick, the true number of seriously sick people/hospitalized in Norway should then really be 200 and not 0 (or 14).

5. Also, since Norway will probably reach 1,000 corona virus infected soon, the real number of people killed should then be the same as the world average, 3.5%, if correct, the true death count in Norway from Corona should be 35 people and not 1.

Opinions?

-MM
edit on 13-3-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Based on the worldwide Coronavirus statistics (100,000 infected of which 3,400 people killed), about 10% of everyone that test positive for the Coronavirus get so seriously sick that they need to be hostpitalized, and about 3% are killed by the virus. Still, in some countries, like Norway, officials claim that of 113 infected people as of today (source:Norwegian Institute of Publich Health) NO ONE (ZERO!!!) people have even gotten seriously sick! It does not make sense mathematically - that would be one hell of a statistical anomality. The math alone says that about 10 people should be seriously sick and 3 people dead.

Opinions?

-MM

One possible reason is that people who live in colder regions, may tend to have stronger immunity per capita because flu like viruses tend to be more prolific year round in those regions.

They get so much exposure to them on a more regular basis than people in temperate regions, that their immune systems get more time to build up against them.

Just a theory, not stating this as a fact or anything.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm a Norwegian and as of now the country is locked down and there are about nine hundred infected and one dead.
In a normal year the common flu infects 60000 while 5000 are hospitalised and 900 dies on average each year.

Everything done seems out of proportions but I don't think the numbers are incorrect. If anything they show this virus is not really as bad if you have proper health-care systems. The government here is very transparent and the threshold for whistle-blowing is very low.

How ever if you look at it proportionally, Norway has the highest rate of infections of corona compared to the number of people second only to Italy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join