It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Norway and others intentionally faking their Corona virus death count?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Based on the worldwide Coronavirus statistics (100,000 infected of which 3,400 people killed), about 10% of everyone that test positive for the Coronavirus get so seriously sick that they need to be hostpitalized, and about 3% are killed by the virus. Still, in some countries, like Norway, officials claim that of 113 infected people as of today (source:Norwegian Institute of Publich Health) NO ONE (ZERO!!!) people have even gotten seriously sick! It does not make sense mathematically - that would be one hell of a statistical anomality. The math alone says that about 10 people should be seriously sick and 3 people dead.

Opinions?

-MM
edit on 6-3-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

In average, about 10% of everyone that get Corona virus get seriously sick and are hostpitalized, and about 3% die from the virus

If we don't have accurate numbers of infected, those other stats are not accurate at all.

Do you think all cases of infection are being reported?

Where did you get such figures from? Brian Williams?

edit on 6-3-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Norwegian Institute of Public Health is the official governemt agency says 113 infected people as of March 6th. An I talk about infected people, not suspected infections - the numbers worldwide today are 100,000 infeced people of which 3,400 people has died - those sources you can find yourself using Google.

-MM

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

It wouldn't surprise me. This whole coronavirus thing is getting ridiculous. Lowest deaths of anything, yet the largest blown up. And for what?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Infected does not equal symptomatic. These people could be infected, but not have had it long enough to start producing symptoms. This is the big issue with this virus, it's long incubation period before you start showing signs of illness.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

there are 2 types of people

those who comprehend statistics

you

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I need a word: saunas

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

you

I have a univ. degree in maths, statistics compromising a large part of my courses, so I would say I have a pretty good understanding of it.

-MM

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
its my guess All the G7 Nations are going to fudge the death numbers to contain their Economic Downturns...

because if the Truth were released... the future would look bleak in the travel/business/GDP/banking sectors so-much-so that all stock markets would re-set prices of stocks a minimum of 15% Down further from today market close for Asia/Europe/America (where most G7 economies exist)

the rapid market re=bounce at the 2009 Great Recession has no chance of repeating because the Pandemic is isolating peoples from assembly and production of both humans and products

the cost of decontaminating everything will be enormous and dissolve Profits from 'the cost of doing business' expenses

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

you

There are two types of people commenting on ATS:

Useful commenters

and

you

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Again. Do you contend the Chinese numbers of infected are accurate?

What is the breakdown demographically of those who died and those hospitalized for the virus?

I don't think we have an accurate number of infected. That makes every other number derived from that inaccurate. You know, basic math and statistics. You need to start with accurate numbers.

We need better data than what is being given.

Given the seemingly long incubation period and testing that shows positive, then negative, then positive again, I doubt we have a real handle on such numbers.

edit on 6-3-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Based on the worldwide Coronavirus statistics (100,000 infected of which 3,400 people killed), about 10% of everyone that test positive for the Coronavirus, get so seriously sick that they need to be hostpitalized, and about 3% are killed by the virus. Still, in some countries, like Norway, officials claim that of 113 infected people as of today (source:Norwegian Institute of Publich Health) NO ONE (ZERO!!!) people have even gotten seriously sick! It does not make sense mathematically - that would be one hell of a statistical anomality. The math alone says that about 10 people should be seriously sick and 3 people dead.

Opinions?

-MM

This is my dumbass opinion and not based on empirical data.

The math alone is off. As Norway is a well structured country with (compared to other countries) not many inhabitants they have the possibility to test even the less severe cases. Which would ultimately be a better way of testing and if what if I say is true it means that in the severely infected countries there are many more infected than reported. It also means that mortality can be quite lower than based of the maths of the severely infected countries.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

you

I have a univ. degree in maths, statistics compromising a large part of my courses, so I would say I have a pretty good understanding of it.

-MM

As you say you have a uni degree you are able to understand what exactly is measured right?

The world is not capable of measuring all suspected cases. So in the severely effected countries you get tested when you are at risk, not when you have symptoms but seem to manage. Then you're ordered to stay home, infected but not measured and not in the stats.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

you

-MM

As you say you have a uni degree you are able to understand what exactly is measured right?

The world is not capable of measuring all suspected cases. So in the severely effected countries you get tested when you are at risk, not when you have symptoms but seem to manage. Then you're ordered to stay home, infected but not measured and not in the stats.

It's the same in Norway, you're only tested if you are at risk, only people that have travelled to abroad in an infected region and show Coronavirus symptoms are tested - or those that have been in direct contact with someone that has been infected in Norway. Source: Learn to use Google Search engine.

-MM

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Learn to use Google Search engine.

So Google is the Ultimate source of all data? That might be part of the issue.

Google would never censor anything.....

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass
a reply to: ignorant_ape

A lot of what today passes as statistical "proof" has been based on a lot smaller datasets than compromising 100,000 entries. Source: School.

-MM

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Learn to use Google Search engine.

So Google is the Ultimate source of all data? That might be part of the issue.

Google would never censor anything.....

Are you claiming that my numbers of 100,000 people infected and 3,400 people dead are lies, here is a link that proves that YOU ARE a lier.

news.sky.com...

-MM

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

In average, about 10% of everyone that get Corona virus get seriously sick and are hostpitalized, and about 3% die from the virus

If we don't have accurate numbers of infected, those other stats are not accurate at all.

Do you think all cases of infection are being reported?

Where did you get such figures from? Brian Williams?

Funny, this must be a coincidence?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

you

-MM

It's the same in Norway, you're only tested if you are at risk, only people that have travelled to abroad in an infected region and show Coronavirus symptoms are tested - or those that have been in direct contact with someone that has been infected in Norway. Source: Learn to use Google Search engine.

-MM

Taking one statistical number and extrapolate it onto a local region and scream wrong implies you take the statistical number as static while we are still exploring this as it is too new and too fresh hence the numbers (percentages to be clear for you) keep changing. It's gonna take a while before we know the true numbers.

Good luck though and welcome to my Legion.

edit on 6-3-2020 by Dumbass because: Typos. Google Uni didn't teach me

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

and yet - you do not comprehend

an infection has satges :

exposure

icubation

symoptmatic

and the infected have stages :

infected

symptomatic