It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your invisible friend....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Did you have an invisible friend when you were a child. As an adult, what would your reaction be if your "invisible friend" just showed up out of the blue? Asking for a friend....

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Oh yeah. She looked just like Daisy Duke and she was diiiiiiirty.

It depends though...are we talking 1982 Daisy....or 2020 Daisy?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Haha! Well it would be rather strange as my invisible friend was the same age as I was as a child. Or did they grow up in the invisible realm?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Hi Olie.
Didn't have an invisible friend.
Used to just play with myself........ LoL !

Something like in the film: A beautiful Mind, about John Nash ?

Or something else ?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No. We don't play well with others.

I'd like one, but I think they'd run away.

Perhaps I should get something dangerous that bites back. A Pocket Dragon or a fifty legged twenty eyed spider.
edit on 20/2/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

my invisible friend was called bob - and if he turned up today - my reaction would be :

ok bob - remember the pact we made - to never talk about what happened and where the bodies went - well - you are still bound by that oath

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I remember I did have an invisible friend when I was a child. He's still there, never left.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

my invisible friend was called bob - and if he turned up today - my reaction would be :

ok bob - remember the pact we made - to never talk about what happened and where the bodies went - well - you are still bound by that oath

lol

Just make sure that Bob doesn't have any friends of his own and you're in the clear.

And make a new pact that also includes written word, brail, morse code, semaphore, encryptions, puzzles, etc etc.

Careless Talk Costs Lives, but Careless Minds Cause Hives.

"Hi Bob ".

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Never had an invisible friend. I could always see the dead people around me.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Interesting responses. What a fantastic resource ats is for "off the wall"....

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well the kneejerk reaction of unromantic folks would be a part of your personality splitted away.
On the other hand there are plenty of people being in touch with some "other intelligence" in varying forms so it could also be called "normal".
It all depends really if your friend fits in your philosophy?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Hey ! Wait a minute !
Are you conducting an unannounced thought-experiment ?
Looking for writing material ?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ummmm. but invisible friends do exist, if they want you to see them they will be seen.

Do you think it is you who you talk to when you talk to yourself in your head? It probably isn't, but hey, those voices are way smarter than I am so I listen and they teach me things. Some call it your subconscious, but maybe it is a link to someone else, and if that person is looking at themself in the mirror, maybe they can project that image to you.

Ok, sounds nuts, but I am thinking that it is possible what kids are seeing is actually something.

Meanwhile, never say that you saw an invisible being or talked to one in your head, always say you are talking to your subconscious or are visualizing memories. I can picture things from fifty years ago, snapshots of things I experienced, like when my mother and stepfather took us to dinner and told us kids they wanted to get married. I close my eyes and turn my head and can picture where everyone was sitting, what they were wearing, but cannot remember what was said, it works with visual. Now this could explain kids invisible friends too, memories that are being reinacted and a subconscious that allows the kid to hear another kid.

Maybe the kids are connected to another kid far away, someone they are related to possibly, and they see that kid and hear his thoughts...chances are the other kid is experiencing him or her in his mind too. This concept could explain a lot of things. Then the kid learns as they get older that that person is not really there. Think about kids playing with dolls, giving those dolls a personality, could it be linked minds that project words for those dolls to talk, two dolls, usually only one is personified by the kid playing with them. Who is the other doll representing.

There are a lot of unknowns in this world, and I think coincidences do not account for a lot of things. Another thing, the others, actually pronounced authors, of this reality can influence lots of things, this reality we live in does not have to be real...but remember, if you get cut you bleed, and if you hit your finger with a hammer, it does hurt and needs to be attended to. it is real to us.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Hey ! Wait a minute !
Are you conducting an unannounced thought-experiment ?
Looking for writing material ?

No...it's just generic research for a concept I'm trying to flesh out. It might eventually be a screenplay, blues song, doctoral dissertation or simply forgotten after I finish this next bloody mary.

Many paths, many directions
edit on 20-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Well: if you need any advice; am an internationally unknown, internet expert on nothing.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I've never tried a Bloody Mary. Couldn't get past the name!
So without the blood I drink my whisky strait as an arrow with no chaser, cowboy style comeon.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Too intriguing not to respond. I hope I don’t regret it... as this is one of my bigger secrets. I’ve actually thought about doing a thread about this myself but I’m too chicken to put myself out there yet.....

I’ll one up your invisible friend- and see you one “imaginary sister” who I used to tell people existed all the while being scorned for taking a lie too far.... met her in dreams.... felt strange instances of some kind of “knowing” about her existence...... like actually still had discussions with friends from childhood as an adult about that “sister” I insisted I had.... even gave my two best friends some of my grandmothers stuff after she passed (these special dolls) as a memorial and treasure for them to keep as the “sisters I never had but always wanted” and “always knew were out there”

turned 28 a few years ago....and she actually shows up in my FB message inbox.... claiming to be my sister.

A girl a few years older than me..... striking resemblance.... many messages back and forth.... pretty convincing of her genuineness.... discuss a meeting, and then she deletes her FB and disappears just as strangely as she appeared. It’s been a few years ago now. It’s left me pretty shook.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Did you have an invisible friend when you were a child. As an adult, what would your reaction be if your "invisible friend" just showed up out of the blue? Asking for a friend....

The adult version is a personal Jesus!

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Well the kneejerk reaction

Uh, uh, huh, he said "knee".

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernGift
Too intriguing not to respond. I hope I don’t regret it... as this is one of my bigger secrets. I’ve actually thought about doing a thread about this myself but I’m too chicken to put myself out there yet.....

I’ll one up your invisible friend- and see you one “imaginary sister” who I used to tell people existed all the while being scorned for taking a lie too far.... met her in dreams.... felt strange instances of some kind of “knowing” about her existence...... like actually still had discussions with friends from childhood as an adult about that “sister” I insisted I had.... even gave my two best friends some of my grandmothers stuff after she passed (these special dolls) as a memorial and treasure for them to keep as the “sisters I never had but always wanted” and “always knew were out there”

turned 28 a few years ago....and she actually shows up in my FB message inbox.... claiming to be my sister.

A girl a few years older than me..... striking resemblance.... many messages back and forth.... pretty convincing of her genuineness.... discuss a meeting, and then she deletes her FB and disappears just as strangely as she appeared. It’s been a few years ago now. It’s left me pretty shook.

That sounds like a friend or family member was just pretending to be someone. Not hard to do, but sad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join