It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: Power_Semi
This article is about where the virus started. chinese officials have finally admitted that it started in a Lab.

Where did they publicly admit this?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Part of it is face, it always will be with the CCP.

I think they are well aware that all the stuff is on Twitter and YouTube. If CCP survives this I bet they will go after those platforms more directly via whatever methods they can. They simply will and are refusing to address any of that.

They are keeping the US scientists away for more important reasons than face. They’re hiding something. This is how they’ve always operated all the way back to the 50s after they won the civil war.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Who update live now:

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Unfortunately you are incorrect. They raised the mandatory retirement ages over the last decade. It’s currently 55 for women and 60 for men. It will increase over the next 20 years to match current US retirement ages.

Wikipedia

They raised the age because not enough young people paying into the system.

While I fully believe they would cull their older people. This is not the way I feel they would go about it. Family ties are very strong In China.

Lots of people here are relying on data showing only old people die, however there’s many videos of perfectly healthy younger people with the virus getting it. And frankly we cannot trust anything CCP says. For all we know perfectly healthy young Chinese people could’ve dying in droves and we wouldn’t know.

Gee like now.
edit on 17-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

edit on 17-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Fix

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Reality says that this isn't actually a super lethal disease, but one that has the potential to infect a lot of people with a high enough percentage needing medical support that if it really goes epidemic in high numbers, it could overwhelm the hospitals, and I think that's what they're most worried about.

I question this assumption.

What stats/evidence do we have that, of those who get infected, a high percentage need major medical support?

From what I've read, currently, most (here) are only 'held for observation', and don't need medical assistance.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well as we have seen so far the cases outside China have a very high recovery rate. Now this is likely only because of the immediate access to good healthcare.

With this new information from Los Alamo Laboratory regarding the RO rate of 4.7-6.6 and the incubation period of 24 days according to the CCP we have a virus that can spread very rapidly undetected for a long period. Even a mild outbreak of 1%of the population would quickly overrun the health system and render millions without proper care, treatment or even diagnosis.

In this instance it wouldn't take long for that recovery rate to crumble and that death rate to climb to China numbers as case numbers soar and the first world struggles to even dream about getting as tight a quarantine as China's.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TheIrvy2
I have an elder father with congestive heart failure; I worry about him very much right now

This right here is where we should focus our concerns.

I have been urging my parents to essentially self-quarantine in their house (mountain abode in NC), at least for a few months, until we have a better idea what this is.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Global Events Cancelled by Coronavirus

Facebook Marketing Conference
GSMA Mobile World Conference
Fintech India Expo
Taipei Intl. Book Exhibition
Huawei Developer Conference League of Legends Pro League
Shanghai Fashion Week
These cancellations are a big deal. It isn't just the financial impact [Facebook cancellation to cost the bay area economy $11 million] and it isn't just about wanting to protect the health of their employees.

Companies like Facebook have access to the real information, live, with people posting with other family members and friends about the virus and its impact. They have the ability to censor the information but they still have direct knowledge and access.

Previously I had posted about the cancellation of the MCW conference in Barcelona, Spain. The cancellations are accelerating. This is important.

CBCD-Coronavirus-Outbreak weekly tv news
Vox
www.ktvu.com

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MuldersMate
a reply to: Bicent

I'm intrigued with the critical and serious figures compared between the two sets of data. There are 224 cases less critical yesterday compared with today. Only 100 of those died, so do we assume 124 were downgraded to serious?

It would be interesting to track how many critical cases result in fatality or recovery. It would give insight into how we can expect this to end.

Why are you wasting yours and everyone else's time analyzing numbers we have zero, absolutely zero, faith in as being anywhere near accurate?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
Globalist vultures circling already.

CFR Experts Discuss Potential Impact Of Novel Coronavirus On International Cooperation

Lawfare: No Nation Can Fight Coronavirus on Its Own
Thomas Bollyky, director, and Samantha Kiernan, research associate, both at the global health program at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), discuss the role of pandemics in international cooperation, writing, “Microbes have continued to inspire episodes of cooperation among even bitter rivals. … Perhaps a pandemic of novel coronavirus, if it occurs, would be a sufficiently frightening antagonist to force international cooperation, even at a moment that otherwise has proved inhospitable to global governance”

www.kff.org...

Yeah, what is the saying?

Never let a serious crisis go to waste...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I wish my parents and sister would listen to me.. my dad suffers with chest infections regularly and next Thursday has a minor heart op. My aunt is visiting them this week after spending the weekend in Brighton (current UK hotspot) with my cousin who is at uni there... ive said she probably shouldn't visit and advised my sister who is 8.5months pregnant to not go over and see her but I'm the crazy paranoid daughter! 🤷‍♀️ I just wish they'd take some sensible precautions as we don't know what this is all about yet..

Thankfully my sister listened to me about seeing her friend who comes home from Thailand this week.. but that's only because the thai and uk government advise avoiding contact for now.. her friend said she's going to go the the supermarket and lick all the vegetables like normal! 🤣

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RamsesOzymandias
How long before it wipes out chinese population?
Better idea would be to use sterilization virus so instead of killing people, population goes below hazardous levels in due time, without them knowing who caused their sterilization. Such a virus would cause mass sterilization only, not deaths or suffering. People will have sex, but no kids. Better than one child policy that china implements brutally.

Such a virus would be used on races that are too overpopulated. Asians. Africans. Indians. DNA specific sterilization virus. Call it DSSV-20/21.

Thing is China wanted more people. That's why they revoked the 1 child only policy to a 2 child policy. source. That is why saying this is a plan to depopulation China is not logical. It could be said that it is to mass kill old people, but I think it is a very risk plan to do it this way.

IMHO, IF it's not a natural virus, there must be another reason IF it was released on purpose, unless it only acts seriously on certain races and it wasn't released by CCP.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BowBells

I wish my parents and sister would listen to me.. my dad suffers with chest infections regularly and next Thursday has a minor heart op. My aunt is visiting them this week after spending the weekend in Brighton (current UK hotspot) with my cousin who is at uni there... ive said she probably shouldn't visit and advised my sister who is 8.5months pregnant to not go over and see her but I'm the crazy paranoid daughter! 🤷‍♀️ I just wish they'd take some sensible precautions as we don't know what this is all about yet..

Thankfully my sister listened to me about seeing her friend who comes home from Thailand this week.. but that's only because the thai and uk government advise avoiding contact for now.. her friend said she's going to go the the supermarket and lick all the vegetables like normal! 🤣

I saw an oriental man at the market 2 weeks ago, and the whites of his eyes were all red.

I wash my hands constantly, but it got me thinking, who knows what this guy touched; or the people who left the cruise in NJ touched.

edit on 17-2-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Anyone know what's going on with cases outside China?

Source Johns Hopkins

Noticed that it jumped up massively today, but thought it was probably just the cruise ship. That doesn't add up though, so thought it must be a mistake.

Now reading that there are over 850 confirmed cases in Tibet, 5 deaths. This was listed as 1 confirmed case in the data until now.
www.phayul.com...

This still doesn't quite add up and Tibet is listed as China on Johns Hopkins...

Seems a lot for Tibet though, maybe they are reporting real numbers?
edit on 17-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

Edit: Been tracing the source of the Tibet story and believe they may be reporting numbers for regions around Tibet, so that may be a red herring. Still can't explain the spike though.
edit on 17-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
volunteer quarantine

The self-quarantine — not ordered by health professionals — is winding down and the Zureks, as well as their family back in China, all have remained healthy, he said.

Ken Zurek said he took the precaution to be extra careful after he saw the devastation of the virus in China. He said he didn’t want to be the cause of any illness in the United States. “I didn’t want to be the start of that domino effect.”

I am currently at work but my wife just sent me this.
edit on 17-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Part of it is face, it always will be with the CCP.
I think they are well aware that all the stuff is on Twitter and YouTube. If CCP survives this I bet they will go after those platforms more directly via whatever methods they can. They simply will and are refusing to address any of that.

They are keeping the US scientists away for more important reasons than face. They’re hiding something. This is how they’ve always operated all the way back to the 50s after they won the civil war.

Not sure what though - I don't think it's regarding the fatality (or other #s) - there are enough cases outside of China long enough to come up with some realistic infection and fatality numbers. Maybe they have more infected and dead than admitting, but I'd think even in China, the fatality would be around that 1% mark.

With this new information from Los Alamo Laboratory regarding the RO rate of 4.7-6.6 and the incubation period of 24 days

The 24 days is an outlier, not the normal incubation period, which on average, seems to be 4 or so days. I wish people would stop using extremes to try and define the situation. 24 days would be absolute worst case, and there have probably been very few of those.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Fine.

But even so, if it isn't killing in numbers that stand out, then is it that big a deal? It would seem that most everyone who gets it is surviving it, and it isn't spreading in numbers that overwhelms.

That goes back to wondering if this is a serious issue that we don't know the true numbers?

Look at China. That is no doubt a serious situation, but why? Is it because the corona virus is so deadly as a disease or is it because it's hitting them all at once so that they are getting all the bad effects of it all at once and it seems like an abnormally deadly thing?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Additionally, the Los Alamos paper is using computer modeling. Computer models are only going to be as good as the parameters they use and the information fed into them.

The R0 it returned is the extreme high end for this and the incubation it returned is also the extreme length. That paper basically returned the absolute worst case scenario which is not likely to be the reality at all.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I listened to the WHO news conference and there was an interesting segment that should be highlighted.

China is conducting test trials using blood plasma from previously infected to treat those that are infected.

So we now have confirmation.

New Terms: Convalescence plasma
Hyper immune globulin

They address their concern about how this is done...which patients will benefit...timing.
The timing is very important. It has to be carefully timed so that the patients' immune system gets the vital boost when it is most needed.
The protocol is also very, very important. With blood products there is always the chance to transmit other diseases to those that are being treated.

There is a Limited Number of People who can be treated using this process and it is Not Easily Produced!

Which patients will benefit? I am going out on a limb here and will suggest younger patients.

Protocol? Are the Chinese labs using clean equipment?

There appears to be some significant hurdles and is not at this point a realistic method for dealing with large scale infection.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

what graph are you using?
Edit:
actually looks like something on the site

, tbh im going by bno site
edit on 17-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

looks to be the boat tbh, which again is mislead imo
edit on 17-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join