It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Outbreak or is North Korea in trouble?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Trueman
And we still have people saying this is fear mongering and everything will be fine.
They'll be the first ones rioting.

I don't need to riot, I have guns and my neighbors don't. It'll be more like permanent borrowing.

You'll riot with a gun until you run out of bullets. Try to shoot a virus between it's eyes.
edit on 10-2-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Another thread said 42 people and families eliminated in NK due to virus, but who really knows.

originally posted by: tennisdawg

North Korea has HAD 42 confirmed cases that the US knows about. All 42 were immediately neutralized, along with almost all of their family members. The family members were neutralized to contain the spread of information more than the spread of the virus. It may sound inhumane, but they probably have the best quarantine procedure in the world by eliminating all doubt.
edit on 10-2-2020 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: FredT

Good to see this brought up.
Are we hearing anything reliable about the virus from Russia?

Russian has China level control over its press so they will be unlikely to give us accurate numbers.

India is another one with a similar sized population and 1/3 of the land mass so I'm curious as to what their numbers may or may not be

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
All I can say, is I've lived through so many of these events, with people (like you), running around inciting panic, for whatever reason. Maybe you get a buzz off thinking the sky is falling? I'm not sure.
But these things come and go. Life will go on.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
All I can say, is I've lived through so many of these events, with people (like you), running around inciting panic, for whatever reason. Maybe you get a buzz off thinking the sky is falling? I'm not sure.
But these things come and go. Life will go on.

This is when you fail 100%.

I didn't create or modify any information posted. I used information available to everybody from reliable sources and fully verifiable. Information posted by many members.

You don't want to accept facts. You can't debunk any information provided neither. You just don't want to believe it because you're scared.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

There's good over reaction, and bad over reaction. I fully agree that on a governmental level some over reaction is a Good Thing. But at the same time convincing people that it's the end of the world, which it seems like the media does every time there's any kind of crisis, is, after a point, counter productive.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I've heard scattered reports of suspected cases in a few places.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Another thread said 42 people and families eliminated in NK due to virus, but who really knows.

originally posted by: tennisdawg

North Korea has HAD 42 confirmed cases that the US knows about. All 42 were immediately neutralized, along with almost all of their family members. The family members were neutralized to contain the spread of information more than the spread of the virus. It may sound inhumane, but they probably have the best quarantine procedure in the world by eliminating all doubt.

Mikell!! They "weren't supposed to release this info yet".... 🙄

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That is your opinion. You've been wrong before, and will be again soon.
Life, for me, has not changed. I only hear constant nonsense from the truly scared people. Like you.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I'll freak out when it's time to freak out.

Since it's never time to freak out...well.

If, and it's a big if, it hits here with any kind of numbers, I'll take sensible precautions--nothing more.

I simply do not have the time, nor frankly the inclination, to worry about things that are way beyond my ability to control.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

And we still have people saying this is fear mongering and everything will be fine.

It is fear mongering, and things will be fine.

Period.

Hopefully that will not be a famous last saying from civilization!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
Don't think of it as borrowing.

Your just an ambassador of America's first cashless society experiment.

I like your thinking, it'll weigh even less on my conscious using your thought process.

Just be sure to wear a .308 rated helmet, or your conscience won't weigh anything at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Irregardless of this, civilization will survive.

There've been pandemics before, and civilization survived just fine. Spanish Flu in 1918 by conservative estimates may have killed as many as 5% of the worlds population.

Yet, civilization continued.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Period.

Classic reaction of a person who can't handle a crisis of this size.

Refusing to acknowledge that something is wrong is a way of coping with emotional conflict, stress, painful thoughts, threatening information and anxiety. You can be in denial about anything that makes you feel vulnerable or threatens your sense of control,

www.mayoclinic.org...

OK, panic. Then what? What can we do to stop this? Wash your hands. Stay away from crowds. Pray for a positive outcome. Aside from that, wait. The death rate with this is low, so it's only a bit more deadly than the flu.

I'm sorry, I just don't think full panic mode will do any good.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You'll riot with a gun until you run out of bullets.

Never heard of CheaperThanDit.com I take it?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
As my dear old use to say just hide and watch.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I've been , like a lot of people, following this for a month or so.

First off, condolences to the families of those who have died from this sickness.

Secondly? Well, I just find the over the top reactions from people about this flu strain to be odd. Numerically, it just doesn't seem that dramatic. Factually, most of those that have died didn't get proper medical treatment. Of those that did, like those in Chicago or Washington, seems they recover easily.

Hell man, a ten second google search shows in the US alone we've lost 10,000 people to the regular flu this flu season alone.

Someone explain to me why I am suppose to be in a blind panic over this Wu-flu, then? Not being a smartass here, but this seems like a China thing to me, and I would be willing to bet in a couple of months very few on here will even remember the name of this flu.

If you are reading this, you aren't likely to get this flu, not likely to know anyone that has this flu, and ARE likely to see the recovered numbers keep climbing.

Fear mongering.....that is exactly what this is. Just weird as to why.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

Period.

Hopefully that will not be a famous last saying from civilization!

Move along.

Nothing to see here.

Etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
What if the coronavirus was the "Christmas Present" that North Korea was alluding to?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
What if the coronavirus was the "Christmas Present" that North Korea was alluding to?

Hmmm...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join