It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Who would use a “real” Facebook account to sign in with?😉🤦🏽‍♂️👍🏻
Just off to delete my Facebook account now then 🤦🏽‍♂️

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

You know that captain picard mega facepalm meme!- that!🤦🏽‍♂️

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

As was discussed many times in the Part 1 thread, if this virus was as harmless as some members are claiming it is, China would not have quarantined 67 million people (that's unprecedented)

Yes, China has less sanitary conditions in places and the air quality is worse, so there could be a "perfect storm" of conditions allowing nCov-2019 to wreak more havoc there than here in the West.

That being said, there is a lot we don't know about with the virus and the fact that governments are nervous should tell us all to keep monitoring this situation and not poo poo it has "harmless" and fear mongering

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

That is what you get from WHO which is supported by big Pharma companies.. Whose bread you eat its songs you sing.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
Think the most irresponsible thing I’ve seen today on social media by a “supposedly decent source” is the @who
twitter.com...
*mega facepalm*!, if that’s not going to make people panic and overwhelm health services world wide I don’t know what will!
Tbh imo they have lost all credibility at this point and are clearly being manipulated !

Symptoms so vague they could be anything from cold to flu to chest infection to many other more severe illness ffs that’s just not what I’d expect from them tbh!

Although the information the WHO provided in that tweet is most likely accurate and true, I agree people will take that along with the MSM fear-mongering and misinfo and will flip out.

I think the WHO should have taken a much stronger stand against all the hysteria and called out the MSM for creating a panic situation. They also should have demanded China not quarantine over something like this, especially considering it already is worldwide so a quarantine will only destroy their economy at this point.

In reality the WHO's information that this is "Mild" is probably completely true. So why all the fuss over a mild "cold" disease? That's the real question.

The players at the top of the food chain must be up to something? This incident could be used as a huge power play globally and China is being severely weakened as a result.

The virus alone, left unchecked, only posed a moderate problem. China's response to it was so reckless and thoughtless that it's government is the one creating the actual real serious problems - like economic collapse, starvation, lawlessness, etc. The failed quarantine policy poses far more danger to the world than any known variant of the coronavirus.

If anyone wants to freak out over something - it's the coming economic reaction to all this. I can't even imagine what is coming in the next 2 weeks...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

As was discussed many times in the Part 1 thread, if this virus was as harmless as some members are claiming it is, China would not have quarantined 67 million people (that's unprecedented)

That is not sound logic.
China's governmental policy / reaction plan does not indicate the severity of the disease.
It does however indicate how fearful they were about it.

To show a similar example that's easy to understand, I'll copy what you said and change a few words to reveal what I mean:
"if these Jews were as harmless as some members claim they are, Germany would not have murdered 7 million people (that's unprecedented)"

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Totally agree, tbh imo if that was the case and it was due to conditions I’d be expecting India etc to kick off over this week, doesn’t (at the moment ) look like that’s going to happen!,( or they not reporting it!)
I would also question what governments are saying based on discrepancies I’ve posted today on number being looked for, confirmed etc tbh I’m no spring chicken and nothing even close to this has happened for more than my life time!, think that’s why there’s an abundance of concern about it and many people are now looking at places like ats to at least try and get a more “balanced “ ( meh conspiracy website but from what I’ve seen here if you discount the outliers ) has by the most part looked about right,
Most are seeing the same ie: things don’t add up for this level of reaction!
Which means mainstream media is lying, gov is covering up something (don’t know what yet , if ever) and that we as the public do actually have a reason to be concerned based on all our governments having told some out right whooping lies(especially over the past decade!)
edit on 4-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

China "limits" short selling to try to minimize the impact on their equity market: China moves to limit short selling as virus looms over market reopening

"China's Social Stability Is Under Threat: Xi"

link   
I think those in the know.... should be brave enough to start releasing the truth to the American people.

Yes...its that serious.

This is a call to certain individuals that lurk on this website that have valuable info. Please we are pleading with you to release what you may know.

Thank-you.
edit on 4-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
How well is your identity protected on this website...? ATS....

I do have info I would love to share but concerned about my ID.

I have no clue but I'm interested in what you have to say.

link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

If you notice, a few posts later I accepted this same correction already made by another poster.

At this point we have very little to go on. Owing to this, I tend to the, "don't listen to what people say (numbers reported), but rather watch what they do (actions taken by the Chinese government)," to get a better idea of the true import of the situation.

Since we have very little reliable information upon which to base decisions, caution is certainly warranted.

When grocery shopping this week, I picked up a couple extra cases of water along with some additional canned food items; living in and having grown up in hurricane county has given me a good idea of the kinda of prep needed for an extended stay at home should it become necessary.

Not panic, just sensible precautions.
edit on 4-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

link   

Fed pumped 600 billion or so into repo markets recently

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Someone need a hug. I thought it was named Coronavirus update. So I hope you could be a little civil I'm an old man and I thought I was doing some good but if the people do not want me to reply I will certainly stop. Have a good day.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

That being said, there is a lot we don't know about with the virus and the fact that governments are nervous should tell us all to keep monitoring this situation and not poo poo it has "harmless" and fear mongering

There is a ton we know about this virus, because it is a Coronavirus, novel or not.
It will not deviate too far from the standard M.O.

So we actually know most of the facts already.
And it's "mild" comparatively.

There are so many other more dangerous infectious agents to worry about that are available within a mile of your home. No one actually worried this much about catching a cold until now I guess...

This is the MSM's fault for focusing so much coverage on it all of the sudden and continually blowing it out of proportion. The Nipah virus had a 50 to 75% death rate, but I never heard the MSM even mention it over all these years. I found out about it by researching dangerous pathogens. Imagine if you crossed this with something highly contagious and easily passed? Now THAT would be a real epidemic to worry about.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

edit on 4-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh

Someone need a hug. I thought it was named Coronavirus update. So I hope you could be a little civil I'm an old man and I thought I was doing some good but if the people do not want me to reply I will certainly stop. Have a good day.

Even if you reposted something it's OK.

Ignore bitter people like that and keep posting Joe.
Don't let them deter you.
We all make mistakes it's Cool man.

I really hope to see you continue contributing here.
I'd be pissed to see some jerk run you off like that.

ATS has lost way too many good members from jerks vomiting all over them like that.
Don't be yet another loss. Keep posting any time you feel like it, screw the haters.

link   
Data error? Or did they all die? (joking)
i.imgur.com...

wuflu.live...

link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

S#, at the risk of a knock on my door here in Germany🤦🏽‍♂️, the removal of the Jewish and the subsequent massacre, torture, experimentation etc on them is, will always be a massive failure of the human race to stop one man who’s demented aims and views infected an entire world of people with hatred and xenophobia ( don’t like my view on that please block me!), that’s imo not the same thing as a virus killing people ( unless it turns out someone did this!, in which case self annihilation of the human race is the end game goal of this virus! In which case I’m totally wrong and we’re all f#!)
edit on 4-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobinKuiper
Data error? Or did they all die? (joking)
i.imgur.com...

wuflu.live...

I see how the rate dropped to negatives, but that's just a mistake.

The real error is that they keep starting these graphs at January 20th+ when I remember specifically reading about nCoV outbreak in Wuhan back in late December.

That means they are skewing the infection rate to make it look like it's way faster than it actually is. Not to mention the "confirmed cases vs death rate" numbers are totally unrealistic because probably 90%+ of infected people will beat the pathogen without ever going to the hospital and getting "confirmed".

Cannot anyone make a realistic graph that gives a more accurate representation of the estimated data?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Fed pumped 600 billion or so into repo markets recently

2010....now they only

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York executed a $49.6 billion overnight liquidity operation Monday that moderately reduced the overall amount of temporary money the central bank has injected into short-term financial markets.

The Fed’s repurchase agreement operation, or repo, added nearly $50 billion, as dealers submitted to the Fed $26.5 billion in Treasurys and $23.1 billion in mortgages. Because of the expiration of past interventions, the overall amount of liquidity added by the Fed Monday declined $5.7 billion to $181.6 billion.They are buying 60b in bonds right now

WSJ

Not the thread for "whataboutism" start one.

That is a short-term lending...emphasis lending inside a market worth overall 30+ Trillion...

I watch it

mg
edit on 02233131America/Chicago04_12America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: clarity

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join