It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO Landing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is a pretty intriging picture, and I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this and has some comments about it...

Possible UFO Landing

I was driving home from work around 5:20 PM, enjoying the sunset while driving. I noticed a strange object maneuvering among the contrails in the sky and thought I would snap a photo while driving. This photo was taken at the corner of Tenaya Way and Cheyenne Road outside of Las Vegas, on March 2, 2005. I was on Tenaya getting ready to turn onto Cheyenne.

When I got home, I noticed I didn't get that craft but got something else in the lower left-hand corner. The weird thing is, the area where the lights appear in the photo is a flood control basin, so there aren't any lights there.

If this is what I think it is, it's mind boggling. There are what I believe to be 3 craft that are distinctly visible. I would be very interested in what others have to say about this photo. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Scott - "Trainspotter"
[email protected]

Camera info: I was using my Sony DSC-P92 digital 5 megapixel camera. EV was at 0 and shutter speed was 100. (The first image is the full shot, underneath are cropped and close-up images)

There are more images of this at the site above, but this is the best shot I guess...

So what? Possible UFO's? What is it?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yup. It is a UFO.
It could be just about anything. I would never be able to identify it.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If that's not photoshoped, believe me, I'm no expert on that, this is an interesting pic. The 2 lights on the right are probably a car.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Definately looks like a UFO, whether it's controlled by aliens or not is another story...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Chopper/s maybe??? Weird.....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
that thing in the air is hanging off that tree.
looks like a dalek

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
is the illumination of the craft from it's own light source or from the sun low in horizon?

a truly gripping photo, wtf is that thing?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   

If i was the witness, i would have stopped my car right there to see what's really going on instead of keep driving.
Anyway that's a great shot, and very weird.

[edit on 10/3/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

that thing in the air is hanging off that tree.
looks like a dalek

Interesting observation (hanging off of the tree), and a possibility...
Congrats, stumped me on this...what's a dalek?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I thik this person should have that photo analyzed by an expert to see if it really is authentic.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
How can you be so sure that the photo wasn't created with Adobe photoshop, or another editor. Not accusing this picture of being a fake, but I was just wondering how the analysis was accomplished.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't know what it is but when my eyes quickly glance over the original picture the lights don't seem that far away from the post in the foreground to me. I would house a guess that they are in fact very small and just put in the background to force perspective. Either that or Batteries Not Included was a true story.

Originally posted by Gazrok
what's a dalek?

You've never heard of Dr Who?

EXTERMINATE!!! EXTERMINATE!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Whoa! Those are some impresive pics. IMO they dont look photoshopped (or if they are, its done by a real pro)

Good find!

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It clearly looks like bundles of balloons... some with reflective qualities I guess. Look at the close-up picture right above the so-called "lights" and you can see all of the balloons bundled together...

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
It clearly looks like bundles of balloons... some with reflective qualities I guess. Look at the close-up picture right above the so-called "lights" and you can see all of the balloons bundled together...

That's not a bad hypothesis, actually, and one I hadn't thought of. It was still daylight when the photo was taken, so so the lights could well be reflections of sunlight.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That series of photos has been around awhile. Though I don't count it out as an a real pic taken of something unusual, I have often wondered why it's so clear (zoom especially) being taken near dusk at what seems a substantial distance?

I'm certainly not a photography wiz but am confident through trial and continual errors (no picture to blurs), that I have not been able to get that kind of range at dusk with my 8 mg/pxl camera w/ tripod and night shot settings. Perhap's the experts here can take a look.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Interesting pictures!

It's really difficult to get an idea of scale, but I think from looking at them that the object is quite small. I do think whatever it was is actually there and not photoshopped in, but that's not to say that it isn't just a cluster of illuminated balloons.

Oh and for the poster asking what a Dalek is...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit: I found this excellent footage of a Dalek and their famous catchphrases "Exterminate!" and "Put him in the Curry!"

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-4-2007 by sonicology]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The reason I say that it is if it can be proven there are no lights there, you can have the photo professionally analyzed and more info could come of this. As another ATS member said previously it could be a copter, motorcycle-chopper, or car. Nevertheless assertions as to what they "might" be could be speculation given the fact that the location has no roads. If that is the case. These are interesting pictures, that is definitely a given here. Truthfully I am making assumptions here because I don't know the area. However, I had a couple photos of my own (although they weren't of ufo's: sasquatch no less) professionally tested at my local university and learned alot. The area you are in lends itself to this sort of optimism about ufo crashes. Good post!
Have you gone back to the site where this was shot was taken?

[edit on 1-4-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
just a question. if he saw a real phenomenon and took photographs,wants to know what other people think... then why only resized cropped images?

If I see a ufo today which I believe really might be "something" I'd put up the orginal straight from camera 1600x1200 raw to be honest.

never the less nice pics.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well the lights on the bottom to me look like them big lights you can get what shine into the sky.. Dunno what they are called. They are big round things like a big tourch.

But the thing on top of it looks weird. but in a way looks like some kind of heat thing. them things you see when its hot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join