It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot by police after stabbings in London

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You know nothing about combat. It's much easier to kill people with an axe or sword than with a gun.

A gun wouldnt have necessary made for no greater deaths.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Not at any sort of distance its not unless you are a Ninja.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Run and Hide?

You should know better!

Like they did in the 2017 London Bridge attack or the recent one or the one at Glasgow airport etc etc etc?

Try going into any single pub or club throughout the UK and say that and I'm 100% certain you'll find out first hand just how prone NOT to run and hide we are.

We do not need or desire to hide behind a gun to stand up and be counted when its required!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Look mate guns are your answer to the problems your nation faces.

But they are not necessarily our answer.

Take from that what you will.

We do our thing, you do yours, and that's just the way the world spins.

But we don't want guns on our streets in the same manner as they are in the USA, that's just the point im trying to get across.

As to me doing my people a disservice, they are not my people, just people, good and bad all around.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: andy06shake

Did the gun arrive at the scene assess the situation and then take appropriate action?

Nope, not in the slightest.

That would have been the police.

Anyone is sounding ridiculous its you with your sentient firearms. LoL
Lol, "did a gun arrive at the scene"?

Well, if there was an enlightened, smart and armed citizens, there would be no knife attack, now would there?

Work with me here bruh.

Complete bollocks of an argument.

Stats for knife deaths in The U.S. for year 2018.........1,515.

www.statista.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Yes, Armed Police did solve the problem.

But the FACT remains that the introduction of MORE guns into UK society would result in increased armed incidents.

WE DO NOT WANT MORE GUNS IN THE UK

That in no way impacts your own Right to Bear Arms etc, and nor should it. That is your business.

Your insistence on making this a Gun Control issue detracts from the real issue here; terrorists, the vast majority of whom are Islamic, committing acts of terror against people.

Letting people walk around with guns will not deter them but will only increase their availability to them
This is not the USA where there are guns literally everywhere.

We need to find a way of eradicating these #ing scumbags from our society and in order to do that we need a level of openness and honesty that no-one in authority seems willing to want.

We have our problems over here, plenty of them, we do not want to exacerbate them by throwing a #ing # load of guns into the mix.....something the vast majority of people on all sides agree on.

I'd be in favour for more armed police.
It takes time for a special armed unit to mobilise.
There is an argument to say that police should be armed. Not citizens in this country. Culturally we are different to the US.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

You know nothing about combat. It's much easier to kill people with an axe or sword than with a gun.

A gun wouldnt have necessary made for no greater deaths.

Amazing then armies across the world equip their soldiers with rifles rather than just sharp bits of metal...
edit on 2-2-2020 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Guns are not the issue

Islam is the issue

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

In this instance, do we know that yet?

Police are still carrying out there investigations.

Also, i would argue that following that train of thought, all organized religious practice could be held in the same regard, as history clearly illustrates, time and time again.
edit on 2-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Dude did u read my post .....twas dripping in sarcasm. But to be fair..it IS the official position of your popo.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

BBC News are showing pics of some form of device/possible vest.

Hence the reason police will have shot him on the spot i imagine.

Quite right if true, feck taking that chance.

Edit: 3 people confirmed stabbed now, one life threatening.
edit on 2-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think it was a bunch of Heinz baked bean tins.

He was going for those 7 virgins no doubt. And about that...that like two days max. What do they do after that? Asking for a religious friend.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Dude did u read my post .....twas dripping in sarcasm. But to be fair..it IS the official position of your popo.

It's also pretty damn good advice in the majority of circumstances.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Police reporting three injured in the attack one in a life threatening condition.

link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Phone a friend and hope shes not named ""Detonate""?

link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Breakthestreak

In this instance, do we know that yet?

Police are still carrying out there investigations.

Also, i would argue that following that train of thought, all organized religious practice could be held in the same regard, as history clearly illustrates, time and time again.

Yeah

Because hindus go around murdering people under instruction of their god

Islam is the issue here, call it a wild fricken guess. But it is islam that is the issue

But, deny it and protect them if it makes you feel like you’re better than everyone

I’m sure your descendants will thank you for it

link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Guns are not the issue

Islam is the issue

Not overly familiar with England. Visited there 40 years ago and 20 years ago. Not going to _ever_ visit there again. The place doesn't even look like the Aenglish even inhabit the island any longer. An invasion took place ... and 'they' lost.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Freeborn

Yes, Armed Police did solve the problem.

But the FACT remains that the introduction of MORE guns into UK society would result in increased armed incidents.

WE DO NOT WANT MORE GUNS IN THE UK

That in no way impacts your own Right to Bear Arms etc, and nor should it. That is your business.

Your insistence on making this a Gun Control issue detracts from the real issue here; terrorists, the vast majority of whom are Islamic, committing acts of terror against people.

Letting people walk around with guns will not deter them but will only increase their availability to them
This is not the USA where there are guns literally everywhere.

We need to find a way of eradicating these #ing scumbags from our society and in order to do that we need a level of openness and honesty that no-one in authority seems willing to want.

We have our problems over here, plenty of them, we do not want to exacerbate them by throwing a #ing # load of guns into the mix.....something the vast majority of people on all sides agree on.

I'd be in favour for more armed police.
It takes time for a special armed unit to mobilise.
There is an argument to say that police should be armed. Not citizens in this country. Culturally we are different to the US.

I would hate to see police being armed become the norm but I think more trained officers with firearms secured in their vehicles would be a good compromise.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Not really. Reference the Milwall supporter vs. like...a Tottenham supporter. Ones gonna run and ones gonna fight, policy be damned.

a reply to: ScepticScot

(post by ScepticScot removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join