It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor who necrophilia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well I just read a story and I’m beyond disappointed.

Doctor who has been dead since the doctor became a woman.
You know it’s true and the ratings prove it.

Now they have truly ****** the already dead show. Hence necrophilia..
History has been altered to show that the first doctor was not in fact William Hartnell but was Jo Martin, a woman of color.

Apparently you can appropriate culture when its white male culture.

I thought the show was getting a bit lazy when they used the sonic screwdriver for every damn thing and “surprise!” Its the dalecs.......again.
Now it’s just fallen off the rails totally.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You say tomato I say tomatoe but its 100% Daleks not Dalecs

First Doctor - William Hartnell

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Best thread title of the month. Hands down. No contest.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

But the Doctor and the Master were both children and friends together before they diverged.

And the Doctor in a youthful incarnation stole the TARDIS.

So any adult Doctor is not the first Doctor.

And looped temporality means that 'before' and 'after' are very flexible and inappropriate concepts.

edit on 29/1/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Don’t worry.
The “first” doctor is protected by plot armor.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

At this point I think i've just become numb to all this bull#. I've realized I don't care because even if the doctor wasn't a black lesbian tranny or whatever the # I still wouldn't watch it any more. I'm over it, I don't care. I'm not the target audience for popular media any more clearly. I don't live in China or a SE Asian country and I'm not a whiny chronically confused and scared sjw. I don't want to watch the garbage any more and clearly they give zero #s about me or anyone like me so meh. # em. If it makes people happy to watch agenda filled garbage targetted primarily towards a non English speaking Asian market then go for it. I've got better things to do and worry about. Every franchise/series I ever loved in just about every medium from books to movies, to games to music has been thoroughly abused, desecrated and #ed beyond recognition so meh # it.

edit on 29/1/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Be about as enjoyable and memorable as Obama.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Taken in it's own measure it is mildly entertaining but it is NOT Doctor Who, it's over run with crap and yes they have # all over Doctor Who.

Very sad really, they could have run with the Doctors Daughter as a female time traveller but the PC crowd probably thought that Georgia Moffet whom played Jenny was too sexy and since they like to push the Ugly or just plain agenda over us we never got to see that, a shame as it had a chance to be a great spin off.

I feel the writer and director behind this show need sacking before they come up with a stupid lame twist in which the Doctor turn's out to be an immortal being whom is actually also the MASTER, a NEW series needs to be made as well in which the current travesty can be put into the bin or else explained as having happened due to some weird alien interference with the time line (more true than not I think we can agree), the new proper Doctor can then biff over these alien's that have corrupted his time line and recover his sanity OR we can just wait for the next episode of the so far superior Picard instead.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Every franchise/series I ever loved in just about every media from books to movies, to games to music has been thoroughly abused, desecrated and #ed beyond recognition so meh # it.

They ruined Ghostbusters.
They ruined Dr Who.
James Bond will now be a woman in the next movie.

Next thing ya know, they'll remake True Grit and replace John Wayne with a female lead and Dirty Harry will become Dirty Harriet.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Bond will not be a woman.
007 will be a woman with a different name.

A woman that totally disrespects a legend during the whole movie I’m sure.
She will also be the bestest spy ever..

And I think I’ve seen a movie called dirty Harriet....
edit on 29-1-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The Doctor (David Tenant one) comes out of regeration as a proper Doctor and realizes everything that we saw in the subsequent seasons was all just some strange dream ...

You know ... The Dallas approach.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

And until they learn that we women sweat, struggle and fail just like men do, not a single one of their fabulous Mary Sues will be interesting either.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I first started watching Doctor Who on Canadian TV stations back in the late 1970s. That along with other British television shows like Monty Python (of course) and The Goodies. I was catching the Doctor here in the states long before anyone I knew had heard about the show.

I liked Tom Baker as Doctor Who, of course he played the Doctor from from 1974 to 1981, the time I tuned in. I also thought that Peter Cushing in his 1960s movies like "Dr. Who and the Daleks" was cool too. The early movies and shows up to about the 1980s were some of my favorites, this new female Doctor, I'm not going to watch it. I watched the last episodes up to that point and stopped.

All of the new mutations of the old original shows and movies are crap IMO. Once a franchise goes on for too long, they become crappy and not worth watching. I could name a bunch that turned sour after a few sequels or seasons.
edit on 30-1-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The thing is, it's so preposterous that the establishments who are pushing these agendas are doing themselves no favours.

It even allows us opportunity to sensibly explain to our children why it's preposterous and hopefully open their minds to this nonsense.

I am not suggesting using a black female actor as a Doctor Who is a bad thing. Far from it. But what I am saying here is that making EVERY GOD DAMN THING black, transgender, gay or whatever is working against the aim of equality. It's actually devaluing it all and making a mockery of minorities.

You are a minority? You are our next play thing. We will exploit you so we can make money. That's all it's about, making bloody money.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Every damn..or good thing..on this turd rock from the sun is, when reduced to zero about money. (except true love....maybe).

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara
Very true.

Which is interesting because in appealing to the minority the BBC are losing the majority. So much in fact, that in order to appeal to the majority our Prime Minister has discussed scrapping the BBC licence fee.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I was amazed when I saw that episode. It's like they are doubling down on stupidity.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
they better not make this chick the first doctor.

they already showed hartnell stealing the tardis.

so if anything, she might have been the second doctor.

OR its some kind of alternate universe doctor.

in the future, the doctor becomes a black girl with a flaming sword, i think. the doctor saw his future selves in a book, which i think is canon.

also of importance, and im not sure chibnall is smart enough to conform to the rules, but the doctor always lies.

none of this nonsense would have been going on with moffat. i wish moffat was exec producing it, and letting other people do the leg work.

a lot of people dissed moffat, but he gave me the greatest episodes of all time. heaven sent by far, the greatest single tv episode of all time.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Remember, forget everything you thought you knew! Surprise, you are really a black woman!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's infuriating that they had to destroy the canon of Dr. Who when they had a 'solution' for their need to be 'woke' within the canon itself.

en.wikipedia.org...

There already was a female Time Lord in the series. Even more, she was designed to be a warrior. The storyline potential for a female Time Lord trying to find her place in the universe and learning what it meant to *be* a Time Lord *and* being designed as a fighter was ... well... wasted

Seriously. They could have let the Doctor have his final life and his daughter comes in and take the mantle. Then had a long line of female time lords.

Sigh.

EDIT: Doh. Sorry Labtech. Got ahead of myself.
edit on 30-1-2020 by Teikiatsu because: didn't read all replies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join