It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cure for Liberalism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It dawned on me with news of the evacuees being relocated to March AFB in California.
Most liberal states have influxes of illegal immigrants, and are sanctuaries for illegal immigrants. It is possible that infection and disease will spread across the border this way. But these coastal regions also receive most travelers from outside the US.

The first places to be devastated by a new disease will be these areas. So, just a matter of time before conservatism breaks that 50% threshold.
While this logic is extremely morbid, it is also kinda hilarious.

edit on 29-1-2020 by FingerMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What?

Of all Metallica songs to pick...man, that is top 10 the worst.

Also, your OP sucks. What cure to liberalism?

If you are angry about something, figure out what it is before you make a thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
What?

Of all Metallica songs to pick...man, that is top 10 the worst.

Also, your OP sucks. What cure to liberalism?

If you are angry about something, figure out what it is before you make a thread.
The Cure is the best song off of that album.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan

Off that album...maybe...lol, yes.

ETA:

edit on 1/29/2020 by Admitted because: adding some real Metallica

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

Reread my OP. I don't sound angry at all.
Unless you think referring to liberalism as a disease, which has been proven to be.
History repeats itself over and over. Just look back to WW1 and WW2 with the Bolsheviks and movements inside Germany and Russia.
And that's a rant!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

Off that album...maybe...lol, yes.

ETA:

That is in my top 10 for Metallica.
Even after 35 years, I still get chills listening to Helpless.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FingerMan
Just look back to WW1 and WW2 with the Bolsheviks and movements inside Germany and Russia.

The NAZI's were not a liberal party, they were a nationalist party with collectivist and communitarian ideals.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Admitted

Reread my OP. I don't sound angry at all.
Unless you think referring to liberalism as a disease, which has been proven to be.
History repeats itself over and over. Just look back to WW1 and WW2 with the Bolsheviks and movements inside Germany and Russia.
And that's a rant!

Liberalism is a just a way of life and of thinking. Not a disease no matter how much it's hated. If you think it's been proven a disease? Like a virus that can be seen through a microscope? Get a grip.

History surely repeats. We are not so unique. A rant is fine, post it there.

I'm glad you have an appreciation of Metallica and know an obscure song like the one you posted...

But that's all I get from this thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think what the op is getting at without listening to that song is. The cure is thier own policies. The diseases aliens bring with them will whipe themselves out. The people will come screaming for policy change and that will be the end of liberalism. And I think your on to something but one thing. Thier ideals could spread faster then what's killing them and that would be to late for the rest of us.

Our only hope is is to vote and keep politicians playing a fair election game. Unlike 2018... all those found ballots. How can we fight against that without an uprising. I'm waiting for when voting fails. Then real change can start taking place.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well, if you can't see the humor in my OP?

Point is, the areas that will be wrecked by a new disease FIRST, will be these areas.
Tell me how that is wrong and we have a discussion.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

A virus that can live on surfaces can be on an overnighted Amazon package.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Of course you are correct, mostly. Counting illegal passage more on coastal and mostly the left coast. What's to argue about here ?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Point is, the areas that will be wrecked by a new disease FIRST, will be these areas.

Because Southern Americans probably didn't run shoulders with someone from Asia before entry like the tens of thousands of international travelers just did.

I'm against illegal immigration, but this seems like the wrong way to argue it IMO.... Because it's so easily torn apart as a justification. The only justification needed is because it's hard as hell to get into any country. Even most of the third world I can't "legally" walk into without going through the proper procedure.
edit on 29-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Of course you are correct, mostly. Counting illegal passage more on coastal and mostly the left coast. What's to argue about here ?

IKR!

Go ask the others. They don't like it coz I said it will cure liberalism. Which, again is logical.

Like I said in my OP, it is ironic and morbid, which makes it hilarious.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I don't understand why you have such stupid strict divides in America. Either you're cold a blooded capitalist, lover of freedom blah blah whatever or you're a freedom hating liberal/commie whatever.

There's such a thing as a balanced society, where you have open markets, free trade and healthy capitalism for most industries. Then there's those things, healthcare, roads, public transport, communications infrastructure, power, gas etc. that all of society use and benefit from that makes sense to have everyone contribute to.

I've seen a bunch of essential services become privatized over my life and the results have always been worse service and higher prices for customers, higher wages and bonuses for ceo's. You can call me a liberal/whatever the # you want, but i've seen it happen enough times to know, there are some things that benefit the common good and should not be left to private interests.

A healthy functioning society should have a strong private market and production as well as a strong social infrastructure. Having too much of one or the other leads to either some bull# like the Soviet Union or the bull# going on in America today where your government might as well not even exist. Corporations call all the shots any way.

edit on 29/1/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Because Southern Americans probably didn't run shoulders with someone from Asia before entry like the tens of thousands of international travelers just did.

I'm against illegal immigration, but this seems like the wrong way to argue it IMO.... Because it's so easily torn apart as a justification. The only justification needed is because it's hard as hell to get into any country. Even most of the third world I can't "legally" walk into without going through the proper procedure.

I don't know how to respond to your post.
Did you make a point?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Go ask the others. They don't like it coz I said it will cure liberalism. Which, again is logical.

I don't know how you expect to "cure" anyone of their ideology with flawed arguments.

I too disagree with liberals on immigration... But I think the better arguement is there has to be rules, everyone has them, and don't buy into the guilt.

Like I said in my OP, it is ironic and morbid, which makes it hilarious.

I think it's more ironic we'd be susceptible to a pandemic because both parties cucked our nation into piggy backing our economy off of theirs at the expense of Americans.

We can't shut down travel and the flow of goods if we wanted to.

The last thing I'm worried about in a pandemic situation is illegals on the southern border. Bigger fish to fry at that point, like how did we get here.
edit on 29-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

now lets be clear...in the much larger (geographically speaking) rural areas we have almost entirely, conservative, moderate, independents and libertarians on the West coast.

We are all so strong and healthy, from actual work, that we will wait for the soft handed city folk to succumb, then we will plow their cities under and put up a plaque:

"Never forget"

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Did you make a point?

No... Honestly in hindsight, I think I'm getting schooled but just haven't realized it yet.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Did you make a point?

No... Honestly in hindsight, I think I'm getting schooled but just haven't realized it yet.

I'll agree with that!

I have no idea what you are arguing. Nothing you said in either post made any sense.
Obviously there is no serum that can cure liberalism. You left logic at the door of this thread.

Take a deep breath. Slow down. Reread the posts. Then say OH!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join