It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 209
<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

We can't definitely say anything, but to say that just because something looks like something else, especially with strings of DNA/RNA, it will act like something else, is also not a good idea.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: FamCore

Police in China were issued guns in 2016.

I remember vividly because within 2 weeks there were 2 case of police officers shooting each other in anger.

I have no idea why, because it's not exactly funny, but there's iced tea all over my damn keyboard now.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well there are 4 protein sequences as stated by the report.
The first one is TNGTKR, running that through BLAST gives many different results that have nothing to do with HIV.
The results display ranges from brownbanded bamboo shark to Staphylococcus massiliensis Bacteria.
This is gonna be fun

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I heard this virus binds to the CD4 cell, similar in application to HIV. But I guess by now they would have run tests to see if the CD4 cells were being destroyed in those infected.

Guess we're in the clear after all. But you can see how serious it could get if it was basically HIV that was airborne...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

They are constructed of shipping containers with barred windows calling them hospitals is like calling an outhouse a bedroom

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well with all the Brexit news in the UK (we just left) the virus news is going to be buried.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I just came from a Lowes a good distance from my house. I was just going to pick up a two pack of the n95 masks, you know just in case. There was a well dressed man, looked like he never did a day of labor in his life, from my observation of course. He bought a whole case of face masks. Made me put the two pack down and pick up the 20 pack. I believe there will be a run on masks here in Illinois. They are getting picked through pretty good.

I know that these masks are not 100% effective l, but they are better than nothing and could be used as a currency/trade item if it gets bad.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
edit on 31-1-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
A popular Twitter account known as
@zerohedge
has been suspended

twitter.com...
i posted it here dont know the reason but with these day pretty sure it is relevant here
edit on 31-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just anecdotal.

Kids were off school today (scheduled PD day for teachers) and went with my wife to Costco this afternoon in the GTA (Not the game, Greater Toronto Area).

I come home from work and the first thing my 12 year old says is "so many people wearing masks".

Take it for what it's worth.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hello! Long time lurker here (Also Ph.D Neuroscientist - now in Industry so I don't have to cut up rat brains anymore)

I was always terrified of outbreaks, pandemics and diseases. After awhile, I've determined that I'm more afraid of the REACTION to the pandemic.

This Coronavirus (at least for now) isn't that bad. It can infect people SUPER fast, but what we are seeing are skewed data. Only the most severe cases are getting confirmed and tested in China, and people with mild symptoms don't even care to go to the hospital. I mean - it's safe to say that the numbers we see in China are likely completely not in-line with what is actually happening but the death rate is if the number of infected is really 10x higher, may be 10x LOWER. so that nasty 2%% (I'd take those odds too) is really .2%.

Not to mention the Chinese population not being the healthiest in the world.

I'm buying into the line that the issue is going to be for the 3rd world countries that can't cope when it hits.

(And of course, that is if this thing doesn't tern into MERS with a higher R0)
edit on 31-1-2020 by neurosurgeon because: fixed some grammatical issues

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Well there are 4 protein sequences as stated by the report. The first one is TNGTKR, running that through BLAST gives many different results that have nothing to do with HIV. The results display ranges from brownbanded bamboo shark to Staphylococcus massiliensis Bacteria.

What is a TNGTKR or BLAST?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Go back for goggles and order sterile latex gloves.
Mine just arrived.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
After waking up and browsing twitter theres some alarming posts about the virus containing aids/hiv... tell me thats debunked and crap?

After reading a bit you guys are claiming rubbish. Damn i hope so that would send the world into mass panic
edit on 31/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

link   

That would be weird, it would also be really slow. HIV spreads slowly through the host through CD4 and CCR5 if I remember correctly. We’ve cured it in mice by blocking in the coreceptor without impact to immune function.

HIV is weird too, it’s only really contagious to other people when it’s binding to other CD4 cells like dendritic cells in its more active period. When it goes latent and primarily binds to T Cells like T helper cells which are essential for adaptive response pathogen recognition and binding. The only real way to pass it on reliably in the latent period is with deep tissue injury from a contaminated object. Otherwise it’s unlikely to survive the transfer like through needle stick injury.

link   
The confirmed recovered is more than the deaths which is good news.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I think they said viral binding and RNA insertion is similar so protease inhibitor drugs that they use with HIV are partially effective in slowing down viral replication in the host. The Chinese seem to be using antiretrovirals like crazy in some of the published papers.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The second protein sequence is HKNNKS, the top BLAST results show malaria, fruit fly and sugar cane aphids. Still no HIV lol
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I just checked MapHub.net and it is saying there are now two confirmed cases in San Francisco Bay area. So that takes us to what, 8 in the U.S. now?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

In order to infect the way it has been, it's infecting your mucus membranes.

Now the similarity may be allow it to infect those cells in a manner similar to how the HIV virus attacks immune cells (or how most viruses attack cells; they all have spikes or injectors). Basically, the part that is similar is the part that locks on to the outer surface of the cell and allows the virus to attack it. That's all. It has nothing to do with what cells are attacked or how the virus behaves.

The virus still attacks mucus membranes and still is an upper respiratory infection, not one attacking the immune system, just because the spike that allows it to invade a cell bears resemblance to the one used by an HIV virus.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neurosurgeon

Welcome! It’s always great to get additional subject matter experts in the field. Hopefully you can help calm some of the chaos down a bit. The amount of information out there is all all over the place.

top topics

<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join