It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Is Burning!! Where Is The Media??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Last night was the first time I heard of how bad these fires were in Australia. When did you find out how bad they were or even see news coverage of them first? Why can't the world's governments put out these fires? Why would the world militaries let Australia burn?

Why do I feel like the media and politicians are Choosing low coverage of this as long as possible to preserve more donation money for the upcoming elections?

I don't know what it is but something is really making me feel like the world media is purposely not covering this very catastrophic event?

Anyone else feel like something is wrong here besides the fact Australias civilians are begging the world to help on social media? As if NO ONE is helping them?

With all the advancements in Tech and humanity the world has made with their incredible political parties, doesn't anyone think the country of AUSTRALIA is more important right now than ANY POLITICAL NEWS?

How can anyone give a rats ass about anything else in current events?

I am chatting people in Australia on IG and they are telling me they get to hear EVERY day the political none sense we spew BUT apparently Australia burning to the ground wasn’t more important to tell Americans about until now when 500 million Animals already died.

Chats with Australians

edit on 3-1-2020 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2020 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/3/2020 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
Last night was the first time I heard of how bad these fires were in Australia. When did you find out how bad they were or even see news coverage of them first? Why can't the world's governments put out these fires? Why would the world militaries let Australia burn?

Why do I feel like the media and politicians are Choosing low coverage of this as long as possible to preserve more donation money for the upcoming elections?

I don't know what it is but something is really making me feel like the world media is purposely not covering this very catastrophic event?

Anyone else feel like something is wrong here besides the fact Australias civilians are begging the world to help on social media? As if NO ONE is helping them?

The u.s has sent firefighters to help.

And

Because Australia did not back Trumps economic sanctions (for the most part), infact refused (majorically) due to selfishly protecting their own economical relationship with china whilst having the gawl to still call the u.s an allie in war time.

Australia is two faced but the u.s still helping with there fires.

The chinese now own a fair chunk of Australia including water rights in QLD so maybe some may think it's the chinese that should be helping after all they own a fair chunk of the water needed to extinguish anyhow.

Plus when the nthrn hemisphere blows each other to smithereens soon enough their likely clearing land pre occupation in OZ to accommodate the winners from the nuclear fallout as hot air rises ( basic physics).
edit on 3-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

edit on 3-1-2020 by CthruU because: 2

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Been on the news a lot in Uk for a long time.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

I know a few people in hotspots atm, it's crazy. I know last year they had big problems with smoke but there's never been anything like this in living memory is the gist I'm getting.

We hear about it a lot in the UK, they're using military assets to move people and fight the fires but I think the idea of containment is out of the window atm. I'm pretty sure other nations will be offering support especially when it comes to hardware. Realistically though what can be done other than evacuations and protecting vital infrastructure.

The country is a tinder box in summer. As said though I've seen and read plenty on it. I guess it depends where you live.
edit on 3-1-2020 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
Plus when the nthrn hemisphere blows each other to smithereens soon enough their likely clearing land pre occupation in OZ to accommodate the winners from the nuclear fallout as hot air rises ( basic physics).

Exactly, everyone knows it's colder in the Southern Hemisphere since it's down.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeee.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

As others have mentioned... it's all over the news here in the UK. Very tragic event unfolding with half of species dying! Looks like the fires are the whole way round Australia with people camping out on beaches and military called in to evacuate!

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
If they can’t blame it on Trump or white people as a whole, then it’s not getting coverage.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I understand Australian Governments and Politicians sold land or maybe not backed trump or whatever but Australian CIVILIANS would help Americans. And I’m sure they would help our animals and country from burning to nothing. I don’t understand how the world militaries aren’t able to stop this or why they waited this long.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I would say this situation is def above the politics and I would like to think the world leaders get that we civilians care more about this situation than any politics

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Who stopped the wild fires before mankind? Nature just took its course as it will continue to do regardless of how much whining we do.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Been on the news a lot in Uk for a long time.

In Canada too. Nonstop actually.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Its been on the news a lot recently (even the BBC!)

But looking at links like this , the situation look to be being played down ..

www.wired.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
much as I hate it
I look at Google News almost every day

it's been featured every day last week or so.
emphasis on the poor Koalas.
very sad.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Sorry to break it to you, and I'm not trying to be mean.

But no one cares about Australia except Australians.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I care.

Such a sad sad situation.

Brit in France.

Lags

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I care. What would we do for vegemite and oversized beers without those crazy Aussies?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

hate to say it but there's some truth to that.
here in the USA, Australia / New Zealand something of afterthoughts.
I bet less than 10% of us could identify your PM (I can't).

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Yeah, not in a callous way. But everyone has lots of other stuff to worry about.

And some brush fires on the other side of the planet are not near the top of those lists.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Nah Australia is cool, politicians are pricks and the less we hear about them the better.

I love my Aussie mates and family.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

American media is only interested in trump.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join