It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Depressing News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Half a billion animals perish in bushfires
A staggering 500 million animals are believed to have died in bushfires since September, sparking fears entire species have been lost.

There are real concerns entire species of plants and animals have been wiped out by bushfires following revelations almost 500 million animals have died since the crisis began.

Near the worst news I have read.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth
Are they being set on purpose?

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
Some are and people have been caught but the vast majority are lightning strikes.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
There were rumours last week that the entire species of Woolemi Pine have been destroyed.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
Some are and people have been caught but the vast majority are lightning strikes.

A warmer globe causes more Thunder Storms.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It was warmer than this during the dinosaur Era with 5 times the Co2 they should of starved to death or burnt to death from lightening strikes according to your theory

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Interesting subject, talked to a 50 year Water Authority Employee today and he mentioned that with all our weather changes that the waterfall run off into our Dams changed in the year 1970. The weather fronts started to come through with no rain behind them, the initial front dropped all the water when prior to the year 1970 the rain continued for up to 5 days after the front.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Australia is being hit hard this season.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
It was warmer than this during the dinosaur Era with 5 times the Co2 they should of starved to death or burnt to death from lightening strikes according to your theory

The whole ecosystem was different, so we cannot make a direct comparison between only two of the many parameters.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

There were rumours last week that the entire species of Woolemi Pine have been destroyed.

Most Pine forests are regenerated only by fire. Certain temps have to be reached to release the seeds to grow. Since I am not an expert on Aussie fauna I will leave it to those how are. I suspect the next time it rains a soaking rain the seedlings will pop up. People need to donate to wildlife rescue organizations Down Under!
edit on 1-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

And thunderstorms also bring downpours that in turn cool the Globe.

The ocean is being warmed in spots. I am sticking with magma related and mag pole shift changing where the magma was gyrating. We have also some questionable data tweaks to the temp's that make me want to only trust the Satellite data from Huntsville's NASA guys.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
And thunderstorms also bring downpours that in turn cool the Globe.

The problem is that those downpours now are stronger but with a shorter duration, so they remove the top soil, helping desertification. They also make flash-floods more common than they were.

See also mazzroth's post, here.

edit on 1/1/2020 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Still cools the Earth but what we have here is a changing solar system event. The Sun has stopped producing spots and may be in a big lag on that for a long time. Things are going to change when that happens. It is explainable by those adept in physics equations and too complicated for most beginning students of physics. But things are going to start happening that would be proving the Sun is changing as part of a natural cycle. It has started.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Meanwhile, China will be taking the water from underground (ATS thread):

Chinese company approved to run water mining operation in drought-stricken Queensland

Misplaced priorities I would say.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

The whole ecosystem was different, so we cannot make a direct comparison between only two of the many parameters.

Please explain that logic.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Still cools the Earth but what we have here is a changing solar system event. The Sun has stopped producing spots and may be in a big lag on that for a long time. Things are going to change when that happens. It is explainable by those adept in physics equations and too complicated for most beginning students of physics. But things are going to start happening that would be proving the Sun is changing as part of a natural cycle. It has started.

So humans are screwing up the climate for the whole Solar System?!?
SHAME ON YOU!!! I SHOULDN'T BE HERE!! I SHOULD BE IN THE BOOTES VOID!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
All of this is down to forest management. You had the same in the US.
The aborigines knew this and periodically set the forest alight. When man is involved in the forests new agers are all for "leave the forest alone, it'll look after itself" or "you're destroying the underbrush because that's where certain species live and if you destroy the underbrush you'll make these species extinct" BS, BS, BS.
As in America the Aussies left the underbrush to accumulate. When the underbrush is low a burn off causes little damage. But if left the fuel builds and builds till you have this situation. Unstoppable fire.
Leave the wind, reap the whirlwind.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Meanwhile, China will be taking the water from underground (ATS thread):

Chinese company approved to run water mining operation in drought-stricken Queensland

Misplaced priorities I would say.

Why not take a gun out and shoot themselves in the foot on a dry land mass no less. The stupidity of the game plan of the left is beyond comprehension sometimes. You can't fix stupid but this is probably not an accident.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChayOphan

So humans are screwing up the climate for the whole Solar System?!?
SHAME ON YOU!!! I SHOULDN'T BE HERE!! I SHOULD BE IN THE BOOTES VOID!!!

That is what you would have to believe if you wish to ignore the data. If they are right our electricity and cars have hurt Mars?

BS. In the end, they are just power grabbing money whores who wish us to bow down to their supposed infinite wisdom.
edit on 1-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Please explain that logic.

I'll try.

You said that "It was warmer than this during the dinosaur Era with 5 times the Co2 they should of starved to death or burnt to death from lightening strikes", so you were applying one parameter (more lightnings, caused by a warmer globe) to a completely different ecosystem (even warmer temperatures but a much higher level of CO2, besides other differences between now and then, like humidity).

Just to use one of the parameters mentioned, do you know what happens in an atmosphere with 5 times the CO2 levels we have now in regards to bush and forest fires? Are they easier or more difficult to start? Are they easier or more difficult to spread?

In places with high temperatures and high humidity they do not have the problems with fires that places with low humidity have (obviously), so that's another parameter that makes a difference when we are comparing different ecosystems. A global change (warmer temperatures) may create more lightnings, but those lightnings only create fires if other conditions are met, like long draughts turning the vegetation into fuel for fast-spreading fires.

PS: I know that, most of the times, when I try to explain things I only make them harder to understand, so I hope that I was able to explain it a little.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join