It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to be investigated for Alleged war Crimes in Palestinian Territories

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The International Criminal Court’s chief prosecutor has announced it will open a full investigation into alleged war crimes in the Palestinian territories, sparking a furious reaction from Israel and condemnation from the United States. The Palestinians welcomed the move by the ICC as a "long overdue step" following a nearly five-year preliminary investigation by the prosecutor into the situation since the 2014 war in Gaza

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The ICC is a “court of last resort” and can begin legal proceedings only when the courts of individual countries cannot or will not act.

The International Criminal Court (ICC) investigates and, where warranted, tries individuals charged with the gravest crimes of concern to the international community: genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity and the crime of aggression.

www.icc-cpi.int...

The treatment of Palestinians by the Israeli state has been been likened by Scholars to the apartheid situation that occurred in South Africa. State produced racism in effect. Many nations have condemned Israels actions and treatment of the people there and beleive that the people there should have the right to self rule and sovereignty.

Palastine is considered the largest open air prison in the world and the indigenous people that live there by definition are stateless.

This picture won awards and went viral for its composure and really somes up the struggle of humanity vs the state

Below are ten things you cannot freely do if you live in Palestine.

1. Palestinians can’t live free of Israeli military presence.

2. Palestinians in Gaza can’t control the flow of goods and supplies.

3. Palestinians can’t control their access to water in the occupied territories.

4. Palestinians can’t access certain life-saving health care.

5. Palestinians can’t live or enter Israeli settlements in the occupied territories.

6. Most Palestinians can’t enjoy the rights of citizenship.

7. Palestinians don’t have the same due process and civil rights as Israelis.

8. Palestinians aren’t equally protected by labour laws.

9. Palestinians can’t travel in, out and through occupied territories without restriction.

10. Palestinians are curfewed.

www.huffpost.com...

edit on 22-12-2019 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Hopefully some action will come of it, like countries banning ALL goods from Israel.

Remember the boat that was bringing badly needed aid to Palestine and the Israeli army stormed it and killed some aid workers?

America should be ashamed of their backing of Israel, and keep their noses out of this process

edit on 22/12/19 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Thank you for your reply.
I very much hope something better does come from it. Its a hard nut to crack mind you. I have never understood why the US gives so much aid to Israel without question. One might even think that the US is in servitude here.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Yeah i always wondered that too.

Im guessing its because they are America's biggest arms customer.
Arent they the worlds fourth biggest armed force?
Thats a helluva lot of dollars

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm not going to sit here and defend Israel or claim that they are innocent of any wrongdoing...

But,, and it's a big but..

The Middle East is full of people and countries that refuse to acknowledge that Israel even has the right to exist. No peace will ever exist in the Middle East, doubly so where Israel is involved.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

The annual funding Israel receives from the United States may be increased by $200 million in 2019, according to President Donald Trump’s fiscal year budget request. Israel is expected to receive $3.3 billion in 2019.

jewishchronicle.timesofisrael.com...

Plus military aid.

U.S. senators who just returned from a trip to Israel called on Tuesday for an increase in the $38 billion in military aid the United States is currently providing Israel, signaling support for more funds for Israeli missile systems.

jewishchronicle.timesofisrael.com...

That seems like a lot of wonger!
I wonder if they are convicted of international war crimes this will diminish?

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The Middle East is full of people and countries that refuse to acknowledge that Israel even has the right to exist.

Lets put that in perspective. It does exist yet it denies the people of Palestine the right to exist under their own state. These are in effect stateless people living within an apartheid regime.

Lets hope peace does come

:-)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
GODS Chosen People........ your arms are to short to box with GOD.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
GODS Chosen People........ your arms are to short to box with GOD.

Thank you for your reply. To me we are all Gods chosen people and yes my arms are too short to box with God :-)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
sorry i am looking at the map and i do not see a palestine
its Israel

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Happy to see the ICC finally taking some action but am not confident their action will amount to any change for the oppressed and tormented Palestinians , although official recognition is always welcomed.

The use of white phosphorus in civilian areas is a war crime so here's a starter for the ICC.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PandaPrincess
its Israel

Yes that is simply because Israel has denied the people of Palestine a state.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Happy to see the ICC finally taking some action but am not confident their action will amount to any change for the oppressed and tormented Palestinians , although official recognition is always welcomed.

Thank You for your reply.
I think in this respect we are pretty much in the same boat. It seems in today’s political climate they can away with what they want.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

In my opinion that is the motivation behind the antisemitism allegations against a political party who have long been critical of the Israeli government , the British Labour party.

They wish to silence the critics to achieve their goal.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

its Israel

There's a reason for that.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I dont follow the msm but I am acutely aware that the deep state has a sustained propaganda attack against the current Labour party leader which include antisemitism allegations. I also cannot help but draw parallells with this and the information war contending Donald Trump over the water.

There are stirs of change in the water for example I am sure Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu indicted for bribery and fraud.

Israel’s attorney general has indicted Benjamin Netanyahu for bribery, fraud and breach of trust, in a damning blow to the prime minister as he fights for his political survival.

www.theguardian.com...

A New Year is Coming as the Vedics say:

May there be peace, peace and peace.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

About time!

Nobody has the right to take away someone else's human rights!

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

its Israel

When the chosen people got to the promise land it was already occupied! It's been war crimes ever since!

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

12 million Jews between them plus many 9f hem dual nationals in very high positions of power equals nothing will change. Israel is really ki3k8ng these 3ays, give it another few decades who knows what it will look like plus they got Vlad and China well behind them plus India too, nothing else countsvout there

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Israel is a legitimate nation. It has a right to defend itself and secure itself internally.

The native Palestinians have no right to complain. they bring scrutiny on themselves for their terrorist actions, and their allowing terrorists in their midst.

if you want the Palestinians to have their own country talk to Jordan. why can't they give up some of their land.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join