It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Game Show Contestant Ever Evelyn Phineas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This was from the 1970’s Match Game. 1975 to be exact. Evie is suffering from complete stage fright. As far as I can tell this was not a put on by any means and is 100% real. If it was remotely faked then she out performed quite a few celebrities during their prime. I haven’t laughed at such reactions in a long time of people watching. Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The hardest thing to watch about that is the host. He is creepy and his jokes don't land. That woman was funny tho 👍

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Gene Rayburn was an old radio actor and morning drive host. So he was more about improv and voice acting than scripted bits. He’d did a little live stage acting, as did most of the panelists at that time. Even Gary Burgoff was doing a modern take on a Rat Pack nightclub act with condemn, impressions and music touring Playboy Clubs when he wasn’t playing Radar on MASH.

It was a different time and the innuendo introduced here was breaking down the standards for television. Even Gunsmoke had to tone down Miss Kitty as a saloon owner instead of a madame.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Good Stuff....

Bad Stuff - I remember watching that live....

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I get it. I just think the guy is creepy and not in that classic leisure suit larry kind of way.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Richard Dawson is the man.

Only reason I wouldn't change the channel on match game reruns(and I'm my 30's).

new topics

top topics

join