It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Hours to go Lets have some predictions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
As the title says there are now slightly less then 24 hours before the result of the

UK General Election ...... I am still undecided

I think it will result in much of the same, and we will be back to square one.

So come on now put your predictions down, sadly no prizes for who ever comes

nearest!!

edit on 11-12-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

As the title says there are now slightly less then 24 hours before the result of the

UK General Election ...... I am still undecided

I think it will result in much of the same, and we will be back to square one.

So come on now put your predictions down, sadly no prizes for who ever comes

nearest!!

I think I can guarantee that there will be a decisive loss on behalf of the public.

edit on 11/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I predict a shock hung parliment,and years mores dithering and inaction as Britain accelerates its downward spiral into the gutter.

BTW Well said chr0naut

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
As a Dutch national, I just hope you set the precedence of a good Brexit. If that works out okay, maybe we can do a Nexit (Netherlands Exit).
I’m f***ing fed up with all the EU rules!

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt
As a Dutch national, I just hope you set the precedence of a good Brexit. If that works out okay, maybe we can do a Nexit (Netherlands Exit).

#Me too.....

The reason I am hesitant is that the majority of our MP's are not representing

the result of the referendum.

In the end I suppose I will vote for 'the best of the worst' and thats really no

way to vote

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
A Conservative majority.....but simply because of the fierce anti-Corbyn sentiment in the Midlands and the North.

Do not be fooled....The North Will Rise Again!

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt

As an American I can barely keep up with ours, but based on what you said, I’m on your side!

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

A Brits opinion:

A few days ago I did something that would make my Granddad roll in his grave (or Urn because he was cremated - Never wanted worms munching on his body) and voted Tory. Granddads entire life he voted Labour, he always said Labour was a party of the people and for the people, a party who stood NEXT TO the working man not ON THE BACKS of the working man and I have voted twice for Labour and no other party and then Corbyn became the leader. Corbyn a man who is clearly a wolf in sheep's clothing, a man who has allowed anti-semitism grow in the Labour party to the extent that Jewish Labour members have left, the leader of the Jewish community has said the majority of the Jews in the UK FEAR a Corbyn government, they actually fear Jeremy Corbyn. This man is a farce. If through some horrid fluke, will lead this country into a dark pit that only Venusawla would understand.

Boris is not the perfect answer to the problems of the UK. I do not fear what he could with the NHS because I don't believe the BS about it being for sale. It has and always will be free at the point of use (though is paid for via taxes) and I believe he does want Brexit to happen, he believes in a free and fair United Kingdom in the future and does want to move things along, he is a womaniser and I believe has no filter or empathy when it comes to his language and doesn't always think on his feet well BUT compared to Corbyn he is a damn near saint (apologise if that offends religious people).

I predict (gotten there lol) that Boris is going to win and have a large majority. Boris is going to win enough power to basically push through anything and everything that he and the Tories want. Corbyn will have no choice but to step down and take his other Comrades with him. Corbyn will be remembered as the leader who lost four chances of becoming PM. He will be remembered as a liar and a cheat. He will be remembered as a terrorist sympathiser and I hope to god he is remembered for being a man yellow bellied chicken who spent his entire political life against the European Union and then when he came into power decided to keep his mouth closed and claimed to be "neutral".

In Short - Boris will win with a majority (probably a healthy one at that) Corbyn will be given the boot and Brexit will get done.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I don't know, but I hope the vote goes in the best interest for you citizens/ commoners. 🙂

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
London Aquariums gender neutral penguin just predicted Jeremy Corbyn will win.

So there’s that.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn i was born in the northeast was a labour supporter since i was old enough to vote but not for corbyn he's a f---ing nutter

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

The outcome of the election will be lots of proposed investment in Northern Irelands National Health Service by foriegn capital, as a precursor to wider NHS divestment on the mainland.

Parliament run by a Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition, supported by Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish parties.

The referendum a couple of years back resulted in a 'hung' country - 51% leave, 49% stay (in broad terms).

So, my view hinges on a small %age of Conservative and Labour 'stay' voters switching to Liberal Democrats (who represent the clear stay agenda, as well as the hntried alternative) and the Welsh and Northern Irish parties using there tatical power to advance local agendas.

(The Scottish won't have another referendum, in the Queens/Prince Charles lifetime at least)

In the long run UK will not leave the EU willingly but be forced out by member states as the country has moved from being a 'threat' to a 'danger' in terms of the viability of the EU institution.

The rationale here is any deal that looks like another country's deal , eg Canada or Norway, could have been done already, but hasn't.

The UK has become a sore of its own making, effecting the economics of all member statesm and showing no will to move on.

Pray for the voters and cabdidates, they need the help.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

That pretty much sums up what most traditional Labour voters, including myself, think of Corbyn up here.
And its to this country's detriment as its going to allow another #ing nutter into Downing Street.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
London Aquariums gender neutral penguin just predicted Jeremy Corbyn will win.

So there’s that.

Oh Lord..

That settles it then.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Boris the Brave majority or mini coalition with Nigel the Brexter

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
More of a hope than a prediction but seeing the Tories get destroyed would be great, if the Tories make ANY gains then the people of this country are absolutely hopeless

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hung Parliament, nobody able to form a majority so we get a minority Tory government and are pretty much stuck in the same spot

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Hung Parliament, nobody able to form a majority so we get a minority Tory government and are pretty much stuck in the same spot

I think you're probably right, I think any people swapping allegiances are

fairly equal, making it a fait accompli. But I think there are more people

voting this time than normally.

I voted around 2 pm and I asked the "If they had been busy" and the reply

was up till then they had had as many people voting already, as would have

taken till 10 oclock to vote normally.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

A coalition, who will be in that coalition though your guess is as good as mine.

My best guess barring dirty work is conservatives marginally ahead of Labour, Green's shrinking while Labour takes some of there vote, Scots and Welsh national party's surging ahead and the DUP stuck as to whether it may be more in there interests to bite the bullet and ditch the Tory's this time around in favour of a coalition in which they can then negotiate among themselves for who they really want to run the nation.

I believe Johnson will not have all the light tonight though - as I say barring a rigged job.

The problem we have as an electorate is who can we trust, the only noteworthy and likable politician's in the lot being the leader of the green's though some of there policy's would not work and the leader of the welsh nationalists though I personally do like the scot's lady even if I think dividing the UK will be disastrous (from the scot's perspective though 4 more years of Conservative government would be very unpalatable so many of them would opt out if it comes' to it rather than that).

Also personally I like Borris Johnson a tiny wee bit (But never as a politician let alone prime minister), I like Corbyn as a person MORE but not as a prime minister (he is too weak and conscientious but those are both good and bad trait's in a leader so that's on balance I have some problems with his choice of shadow cabinet as well) and think neither of them is cut out for the job BUT we shall have to see, Sturgeon would make a fine prime minister (though all Scot's her own cabinet is damned fine in my opinion if not perfect and they consistently wiped the floor with the Tory's and outsmarted them in debates even when Labour failed to match up) as would Mr Michael leader of Paid Cymru.

On Balance if Labour do what they say then I am happy with that but only if it work's?, if the Tory's are on power then more people on the street's and there version of affordable housing is only for the middle class as they leave the poor do die in the ditch or be exploited on zero hours contracts working too long while having to still go to food bank's just to survive.

My personal Ideal would be a coalition were if Mr Corbyn is prime minister he is then moderated by the leaders of the other party's in that coalition.

As for Brexit, I voted out but no longer give too hoot's about it, I just want to see an end to homelessness and poverty in our nation and the Tory's are NOT offering anything on that and are lying about Brexit as it will not be done even if they win until at least 2021.

edit on 12-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I voted at 3pm
Apparently it has been a very quiet day so far at my polling station-maybe they will get a rush during the conventional end of work time.
Its only an insignificant small town in north Wales though,so maybe people elsewhere are less despondent although I have my doubts.

<<   2 >>

join