It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OIG Report on FISA Abuse Released

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Oh boy... here it is, time to start ripping it up.

Just posting the first link I could find. The full report is published on the IG website, will post that shortly unless someone else beats me to it.

So far, it's not good for the FBI.

Source

Enjoy the show!

~Namaste
edit on 9-12-2019 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: title changed

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

he report, which spans hundreds of pages, is expected to conclude that the top FBI officials running the Russia investigation were not tainted by political bias and that they had adequate cause to open a probe ahead of the 2016 election, according to people familiar with drafts of the document.

????? Or the the FBI did their jobs with issues but free of political bias?
edit on 12/9/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

OIG press release link:

Source

Full report (all 400+ pages):

Source

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Anyone have a link of the actual report?

I didn’t see one like linked at the Washington Post site, and I refuse to accept their interpretation without seeing the report myself

ETA: nvm

Op posted it above me

Thanks!!!
edit on 9-12-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

So far, as its being spoken to on Fox...it basically refers to errors, no political bias from Comey, McCabe etc...

Barr states otherwise, but I am thusfar totally pissed in regards the bs initial narrative.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Rod Rosenstein is going to jail.

I'm already a few pages in and the executive summary already says that the available evidence to the crossfire hurricane team did not match up with their fisa application

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

he report, which spans hundreds of pages, is expected to conclude that the top FBI officials running the Russia investigation were not tainted by political bias and that they had adequate cause to open a probe ahead of the 2016 election, according to people familiar with drafts of the document.

Oh yea??? Before you ever read the report????? You read 400+ pages in 10 minutes and reached your conclusion?

You're a bright shining star, wow...

Here, let's see if they did their job... (directly from the report that I AM READING)

Nevertheless, we found that members of the Crossfire Hurricane team failed to meet the basic obligation to ensure that the Carter Page FISA applications were "scrupulously accurate." We identified significant inaccuracies and omissions in each of the four applications-7 in the first FISA application and a total of 17 by the final renewal application. For example, the Crossfire Hurricane team obtained information from Steele's Primary Sub-source in January 2017 that raised significant questions about the reliability of the Steele reporting that was used in the Carter Page FISA applications. But members of the Crossfire Hurricane team failed to share the information with the Department, and it was therefore omitted
from the three renewal applications. All of the applications also omitted information the FBI had obtained from another U.S. government agency detailing its prior relationship with Page, including that Page had been approved as an operational contact for the other agency from 2008 to 2013, and that Page had provided information to the other agency concerning his prior contacts with certain Russian intelligence officers, one of which overlapped with facts asserted in the FISA application.

As a result of the 17 significant inaccuracies and omissions we identified, relevant information was not shared with, and consequently not considered by, important Department decision makers and the court, and the FISA applications made it appear as though the evidence supporting probable cause was stronger than was actually the case. We also found basic, fundamental, and serious errors during the completion of the FBl's factual accuracy reviews, known as the Woods Procedures, which are designed to ensure that FISA applications contain a full and accurate presentation of the facts.

Anything to tow the line and keep the narrative, eh?

~Namaste
edit on 9-12-2019 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: formatting

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Supposedly the report lists 17 separate errors or omissions in the FISA application.

These will be passed on to Durham's criminal investigation into the same subject.

I'll read through it now...

S&F OP!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

This is the IG report.

All that means is that nobody questioned admitted to having a political bias.

Duh....

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Steele's handling
agent viewed Steele as a former intelligence officer
colleague and FBI CHS, with obligations to the FBI.
Steele, on the other hand, told us that he was a
businessperson whose firm (not Steele) had a
contractual agreement with the FBI and whose
obligations were to his paying clients, not the FBI.
We
concluded that this disagreement affected the FBI's
control over Steele during the Crossfire Hurricane
investigation, led to divergent expectations about
Steele's conduct in connection with his election
reporting, and ultimately resulted in the FBI formally
closing Steele as a CHS in November 2016 (although,
as discussed below, the FBI continued its relationship
with Steele through Ohr).

His client was Clinton.

www.justice.gov...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Steele himself was not the originating
source of any of the factual information in his reporting.
Steele instead relied on a Primary Sub-source for
information, who used his/her network of sub-sources
to gather information that was then passed to Steele.

Russian disinformation.

www.justice.gov...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Steele's handling agent told us that when Steele
provided him with the first election reports in July 2016
and described his engagement with Fusion GPS, it was
obvious to him that the request for the research was
politically motivated.

www.justice.gov...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The fact that the FBI believed Steele had been
retained to conduct political opposition research did not
require the FBI, under either DOJ or FBI policy, to
ignore his reporting.

www.justice.gov...

Are you effing snipping me.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Please change your title to "OIG Report on FISA Abuse Released". Makes this thread easier to search/find later on. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Sounds like the Impeachment witnesses and the "Whistleblower".

"I know nothing personally. But I heard that...."

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Done kind sir.

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I will take my time reading it and analyzing while everyone else skims mere sentences for their fleeting political value.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I don't think anyone will be. Been reading chapter 12 it's a whitewash of hiding behind approved FBI policies etc. but concerns are raised that better procedures should be developed.

From the report:

We concluded that AD Priestap's exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision. While the information in the FBI's possession at the time was limited, in light of the low threshold established by Department and FBI predication policy, we found that Crossfire Hurricane was opened for an authorized investigative purpose and with sufficient factual predication.

However, we also determined that, under Department and FBI policy, the decision whether to open the Crossfire Hurricane counterintelligence investigation, which involved the activities of individuals associated with a national major party campaign for president, was a discretionary judgment call left to the FBI. There was no requirement that Department officials be consulted, or even notified, prior to the FBI making that decision. We further found that, consistent with this policy, the FBI advised supervisors in the Department's National Security Division (NSD) of the investigation only after it had been initiated. As we detail in Chapter Two, highlevel Department notice and approval is required in other circumstances where investigative activity could substantially impact certain civil liberties, and that notice allows senior Department officials to consider the potential constitutional and prudential implications in advance of these activities. We concluded that similar advance notice should be required in circumstances such as those that were present here.

edit on 9-12-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: added excerpt

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
More from the report...

In the preparation of the FISA applications to surveil Carter Page, the Crossfire Hurricane team failed to comply with FBI policies, and in so doing fell short of what is rightfully expected from a premier law enforcement agency entrusted with such an intrusive surveillance tool. In light of the significant concerns identified with the Carter Page FISA applications and the other issues described in this report, the OIG today initiated an audit that will further examine the FBI's compliance with the Woods Procedures in FISA applications that target U.S. persons in both counterintelligence and counterterrorism investigations. We also make the following recommendations to assist the Department and the FBI in
avoiding similar failures in future investigations.

Abuse of the intelligence agency.

Without a doubt, this is what Durham is looking into and I expect that there will be criminal charges announced soon.

~Namaste
edit on 9-12-2019 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
John Durham is determining if the Spying on candidate Trump, and NOT telling him about alleged Russian infiltration, was politically motivated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join