It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pearl Harbor: Hawaii Was Surprised; FDR Was Not

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

It is that time of year where the Pearl Harbour stories hit the news..... which I don't have a problem with really.

The problem I "DO" have with the whole "Day of Infamy" is that the REAL story is far different from the "story" those famous Oscar laden movies portray!!!!

When I contemplate the REAL TRUTH of it all; my heart goes out even more for those who suffered on Dec. 7th, 1941. Some peoples suffering was short, like when the USS Arizona's powder magazine went up in a huge explosion...taking 1100+ sailors with it's flash & thunder.

All of those who died were sacrificed "ON PURPOSE"! They were ALLOWED to be attacked & killed with out the vital KNOWN information that they were going to get attacked by at least a few days..like Dec 2nd, 3rd, etc.. They were allowed to be killed to enrage the citizens of the USA into going to war against Japan...thus opening the BACK DOOR to war with Germany, that FDR & Churchill had planned/plotted together for a LONG time..as in prior to January of 1941!!!!!

The article at the link offers new information, not known until recently. Some of the information was still sealed/top secret.... as recently as 1995!

Pearl Harbor: Hawaii Was Surprised; FDR Was Not

Comprehensive research has shown not only that Washington knew in advance of the attack, but that it deliberately withheld its foreknowledge from our commanders in Hawaii in the hope that the "surprise" attack would catapult the U.S. into World War II.

Oliver Lyttleton, British Minister of Production, stated in 1944: "Japan was provoked into attacking America at Pearl Harbor. It is a travesty of history to say that America was forced into the war."

Although FDR desired to directly involve the United States in the Second World War, his intentions sharply contradicted his public pronouncements.

A pre-war Gallup poll showed 88 percent of Americans opposed U.S. involvement in the European war. Citizens realized that U.S. participation in World War I had not made a better world, and in a 1940 (election-year) speech, Roosevelt typically stated: "I have said this before, but I shall say it again and again and again: Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars."

But privately, the president planned the opposite.

Roosevelt dispatched his closest advisor, Harry Hopkins, to meet British Prime Minister Winston Churchill in January 1941. Hopkins told Churchill: "The President is determined that we [the United States and England] shall win the war together. Make no mistake about it. He has sent me here to tell you that at all costs and by all means he will carry you through, no matter what happens to him — there is nothing he will not do so far as he has human power."

William Stevenson noted in A Man Called Intrepid that American-British military staff talks began that same month under "utmost secrecy," which, he clarified, "meant preventing disclosure to the American public."

Even Robert Sherwood, the president's friendly biographer, said: "If the isolationists had known the full extent of the secret alliance between the United States and Britain, their demands for impeachment would have rumbled like thunder throughout the land."

We all have heard the "rumours" over the years. Then we were classified as conspiracy nutjobs/tinfoil hat people...for doubting the official narrative on Pearl Harbour.

My grandfather was there on the infamous day.... got strafed by the planes as he laid in a ditch by the outhouses for the barracks! Ha! He did not get wounded, but did see a few of his mates get killed, and several wounded in front of him, as they tried to run across the field to get some guns and bullets from lock up.

My doubting the official story, and reading enough about the foreknowledge by FDR and gang... did not set well with my grandfather nor my father who had done 20+ years in the US NAVY! Ha!

Yep, call me BLACK SHEEP of the whole family, including third cousins twice removed!!! The cross to bear in life for swallowing the tiny red pill; and trying to run around with Neo in the Matrix.....

I soon found out us mere mortals can't "dodge the bullets" like the Matrix superheroes did in the movie. This doubt alone about Pearl Harbour cost me dearly with friends and family.

Of course both of my male predecessors are long passed away.....DEAD.

I was denied my "I told you so moment"....HA! Oh well, it probably would have "crushed them" to realise they had been used like a cheap trollop by their glorious government.

The article is an amazing piece of real history that somehow has finally been allowed to be told/ or seen at least. Probably because 99.999% of WW2 vets are DEAD now. Those left alive are in diapers with drool buckets strapped to their faces, and an O2 bottle hook up I reckon.

Please read the real story on what got us into WW2.

I do suppose though that it was needed at the time as Germany and Japan had made some outrageous gains in territory, and spoke openly of the North American continent in their sights as well. It was a GLOBAL thing to achieve if they were allowed or victorious.

Pravdaseeker

--

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

World War 1.

Americans didn't want to get into it until the Lusitania was attacked.

We have found out since that the Lusitania carried a vast amount of ammunition on it and would have been considered a legitimate target for the Germans.

Germany even posted in the New York Times a warning to Americans to not be on the ship because it was carrying ammunition so they were going to sink it.

False Flag One.

World War 2.

America didn't want to get into the fray until Pearl Harbor.

Then we signed up in droves to get 'er done.

Referencing your OP.

False Flag Two.

Viet Nam.

Americans didn't want to get into the conflict.

Then we had the Gulf of Tonkin (or the USS Maddox incident).

False flag Three.

Then we had 911.

Wonder who is making money off of all of this?

~pondering~

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Spot on target!

edit on 8-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Hi Lumenari, thanks for your great input.

And yes, you are correct on those other conflicts being sparked by false flags...

The USS Maine in Havana Harbour in Cuba.... Spanish American War.

Another one.... (Exploitation of a coal bunker explosion/accident) As we have heard before, "Never let a good disaster go unexploited for fulfilling the End Game goals!"

The people who "create" these terrible conflicts are obviously sociopaths, and/or psychopaths. They, by their nature, and mental disease; do not have much "grey matter" that operates in the "creative zone".

If something works once, try it again, if successful again, you got a "formula" that will work almost every time to a "T".

During WW2.... they did not bomb American owned factories in Europe. And when the Marshall Plan went into action, guess who "profited" from all of that rebuilding Europe money?

When you are the only outfit who can still make bricks and cement after the war..... guess who is going to get FILTHY RICH?

Yep..... right you are .... As a side note, the Gulf War.. a little known group known as "The Carlyle Group" (SP?) made massive profits. Looking up who was in that organisation reveals many in Bush 2's close proximity and influence. Big surprise NOT.... as history has a way of repeating itself eh?

Pravdaseeker

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I didn't want to get too deeply into the subject and derail your thread.

But I was comfortable with putting out some bread crumbs for others to follow, if they wished.

War is a racket.... Smedley D. Butler.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No worries Lumenari....

I LOVE history, real history of course.

With the situation the world sits in currently....these "smoke and mirror games" of the past that created terrible conflicts need to be brought to remembrance and the education of those alive today.

All of this talk by certain people accusing people of being "Russian Operatives/Agents.... etc etc... all with A Russian title in front should make people start thinking very critically, and ask those awful questions that linger in our minds!

Me thinks we are trying to get set up for the mother of all showdowns with China and Russia...

You read the news too. Both of these countries, (toss in Iran of course), are being touted as the big bad wolves to take care of next.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
War is a racket.... Smedley D. Butler.

The real racket is the govt using our tax dollars to hire "rank-and-file" (make a mental note of that phrase) cops to persecute Lynch mobs.

A Lynch mob is the only type of Justice that keeps government corruption in check.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Amazing thread and read, I want to thank you for this and the respite it provides all of us from the partisan nonsense we are all experiencing right now.

This is a great time to dig in and embrace history and realize we are all Americans and we all have the same interests in living in a free and democratic nation governed by laws and guaranteed by our Constitution.

Sometimes you have to fight to have that privilege and our heroes that fought and died in the line of duty during the second world war should be a shining example of courage and hope too our current generation in the US.

Never forget the sacrifices that were made by your grandfather or you grandfathers father to make damn sure you have the luxury of freedom. Never take it for granted lest one day, you or your sons and daughters may have to fight for it again.

edit on 8-12-2019 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Greetings Deplorable person! Ha!

Although I can certainly empathise with your frustration, and perhaps even "understand why" your comments on the lynch mob.

But, you know as well I do; "we" can't do that. To me, it is a very wrong thing to do. It won't end pretty for that mob mate; and you know that too. But I can understand the thought though..Ha! Even if there is great truth in it as well.

If it gets to that "condition", then everyone loses.

Look at Acapulco Mexico these days, for example.

Once the biggest elite and tourist hangout... EVERYONE who was anybody went to Acapulco mate. The famous cliff divers, the whole scene was the cool place to be.

Today that same city is a "NO GO ZONE". The famous hotel by the cliff sits almost deserted of visitors...and murders are a daily, and sometimes hourly ordeal there.

That is what a place becomes when folks get the lynch mob mentality... in todays world, you can always throw "drugs" into the mish mash too.

Nah mate, we gotta clean house legally, and via the current legal system if at all possible. I know, a guaranteed frustration probably, but it is the right thing to do.

2 wrongs don't make a right sort of thing, you know?

Pravdaseeker

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Greetings Helious....

This is a great time to dig in and embrace history and realize we are all Americans and we all have the same interests in living in a free and democratic nation governed by laws and guaranteed by our Constitution.

Sometimes you have to fight to have that privilege and our heroes that fought and died in the line of duty during the second world war should be a shining example of courage and hope too our current generation in the US.

Never forget the sacrifices that were made by your grandfather or you grandfathers father to make damn sure you have the luxury of freedom. Never take it for granted lest one day, you or your sons and daughters may have to fight for it again.

Holy smokes!! So well said...and so true....I am sorry I can only give you ONE star on that one mate!

But ain't it da truth!?!?!

Pravdaseeker

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
My dad joined the Army after Pearl Harbor. He tried to join the Navy, but the Army got him. Luckily they saw his test scores, and asked him to become an engineer before deploying. Finally he was on his way to do a land invasion of Japan, and he got half way there when we dropped the A bombs. His ship turned and went around the pole, to delay arrival. His barracks were right near where Fukashima is now. His old barracks was taken out by the tsunami that wasted the Fukashima.

I likely wouldn't have been born if they didn't drop those a bombs. Dad will be 93 this month, and is in good health and still independent
edit on 8-12-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Dear visitedbythem;

That bit of personal history is some amazing history in itself....and I am pretty sure you are correct on not being here "IF"...they had invaded Japan proper.

For some reason I was suddenly thinking about those real old black and white newsreels from the 1930' depression era times...

The ones that show hundreds of old Civil War Vets getting together and hugging and shaking hands, etc....over the infamous stone wall where so many on both sides died.

I have a few books written by some of those old Civl War vets....again, it is far different than history books portray, and much much more gruesome and sad.

If people only could REALLY know what war brings, maybe they wouldn't be so dang headstrong in getting into another one.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You do know the history of the time , yes ?
Doesn't appear so , so I will enlighten

After WW1 the US had adopted an isolationist stance with the world
When the possibility of a strike came up , not many believed it could happen given the US and the status of Japan.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The initial act of war was the US creating an oil embargo against Japan.

That is why Japan attacked.

BTW, Japan's plans for the attack were silly and short sighted. The fact that the US Carriers 'just happened to go for a cruise late on a Saturday night,' should tell everyone the real story.

P

edit on 8/12/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

As a footnote. He is usually opposed to war, and hates guns to this day. They made him carry a big one too. But he became a medic after he got over there. On Christmas day, they had all the soldiers file through a Japanese armory or something, and each got to pick out a Samurai sword. He still has it in his closet

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Hi Gothmog... sigh... I was wondering when someone would wade in, type away... and assume wrong things, and apparently "you" did not read the article as it states just how BAD things were with Japan & USA diplomatic relationship...... The embargoes on Japan.. Japan occupying China since early 1930's and Korea since like 1910...Japan walking out of the League of Nations meeting condemning their actions in Asia etc, etc...all of these things were going on, if not mentioned in the article I linked to.

The statement that:

fter WW1 the US had adopted an isolationist stance with the world
When the possibility of a strike came up , not many believed it could happen given the US and the status of Japan.

No, I knew 90% of the information in the article and then some...that isn't mentioned.

The public of late 1941 may have thought what you stated as quoted above....

But the leaders, and military highest ups knew completely the opposite.

Yes, I do know the history of the time...it is sorta obvious that you do not though..but that doesn't really matter.
Mate, if I had read the article, which I did, if even for the "first" time.. wouldn't I KNOW a lot more than you seem to give me credit for?? Ha!, I mean seriously mate?

Reread the article.... yeah, it isn't a 30 second read and move on, it requires several minutes to absorb and grok it all.

A good partial review for me, and a good history lesson for you.

Pravdaseeker

edit on 8-12-2019 by pravdaseeker because: typos

edit on 8-12-2019 by pravdaseeker because: typos

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Greetings phoenix358.... GREAT input! Yes, the embargo was a death knell.. it left Japan with like 6 months worth of oil, etc...for an industrialised nation like Japan, it was fight, or die on the vine.

Quite true... you probably know this, but..

Mastermind of attack, Admiral Yamamoto told his superiors that his plan, if successful would only give them a short period of time to act with impunity, and no threat...months maybe..

Once the attack had been orchestrated, Admiral Yamamoto was falsely credited with "stating" the following:

I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve

He NEVER said that!

But it WAS WRITTEN in his PERSONAL DIARY...Ha! So, Hollywood, exercises it "poetic license" again for propaganda's sake.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The US had sanctioned Japan forcing yhem to strike...youre spot on... How about Prescott Bush who helped fund the war.. His son George Hubert Bush followed daddys dream...never a mention...how about the Vatican and Rothchilds? Far from innocent... Funny how the German Iron Cross resembles the Knights of Templars/ Malta cross.. Rothchilds made a deal with Britain to get U.S. involved...sick sick sick...a reply to: pheonix358

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

World War 1.

Americans didn't want to get into it until the Lusitania was attacked.

We have found out since that the Lusitania carried a vast amount of ammunition on it and would have been considered a legitimate target for the Germans.

Germany even posted in the New York Times a warning to Americans to not be on the ship because it was carrying ammunition so they were going to sink it.

False Flag One.

World War 2.

America didn't want to get into the fray until Pearl Harbor.

Then we signed up in droves to get 'er done.

Referencing your OP.

False Flag Two.

Viet Nam.

Americans didn't want to get into the conflict.

Then we had the Gulf of Tonkin (or the USS Maddox incident).

False flag Three.

Then we had 911.

Wonder who is making money off of all of this?

~pondering~

The level of basic research on this website has degenerated a lot. The Lusitania was sunk in 1915 and the small arms ammunition and unloaded shells were a) not a vast amount and b) on the damn manifest.
The US declaration of war was in 1917 and had a lot more to do with the Zimmerman Telegram. Which was not a false flag.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
one questio i always ask of people claiming " FDR knew "

" why not mount a defence " ?

i never get a coherent answer

<<   2 >>

join