It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you trust in todays media?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Yeah trust is a dirty word these days. 'Trust me' while I stab you in the back. Even when you find a more realistic foundation of trust it is all about understanding. You can trust a snake to bite you. Do we trust claims of 200+ Trillion in digital cash floating around? I trust their are many measures of value. I trust truth is on its dead bed with the current state of Julian Assange and Roger Stone talking about it. Trust people will protect their own interests.

Facebook, Google, Youtube and twitter are all dropping the trust ball with their censorship programs. We cannot be trusted to determine who we listen too by the tin man? Are we really too stupid to determine what services we want? Vaccinations are force here in Australia, especially for the young unless you are rich. The Illuminati program is to try these programs out here before pushing them world wide. I don't trust a 'trust me' when the data behind their validations is filtered, blank or does not add up. I don't trust a lot of opinions here on ATS. I do respect one to say what they think with a lot of good leads provided from that. I like facts and evidence, but with all the he said / she said dramas going on, I live in a world or gray with a few things black and white. WCT7 did not kill itself, I trust that.

Amazing Polly. She is one champion that does her homework. A lot of things she talks about I don't know, but have not been able to fault it. I give her amazing tag merit.

X22. He does have some hopium/sky is falling with the interpretation, long term player. His research is solid and another I cannot fault with the facts he presents. SGT Report, Justus Knight and Lisa Haven take up some of this charge in there own areas.

Infowars. Been watching Alex for the long game. The world will be a lot more demonic without it. He has the balls to call out 9/11 for a long time. Kudos on that. Know what it feels like to give official policy a # u.

Sarah Westall, Liz Crokin, Sidney Powell and Angry Cops are some other good leads into reality.

Kevin Shipp and Robert David Steel help with the CIA rabbit hole. Fritz Springmeier and Cathy O Brien have a head up when in this cavern. Russ Dizdar is all I have found to have some light in this darkness.

Q. Has called out a lot of things like Epstein. There is an information war going on. I will believe it when I see it. Good hopium, tough reality. If Barr only indites 6 or 7 people with FISA we are stuffed and Assange is dead. If a few hundred get fired reality might have a chance. Thats my call at this time.

Who do you trust and why? If i mentioned someone you do not like why? Trust is in rare supply these days. I don't want to waist my time with more idiots and further disinformation. Sure we all make mistakes, but who make a good media umpire in these head banging times?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I do not trust media any longer. It's that simple.

Not even Q. If there is such a thing as controlled opposition, I smell the strong scent of "controlled rebellion" all over that Q person.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I like informationclearinghouse.info. Chris hedges. Seymour hersch. Matt taibbi. Joe rogan. Chomsky. John pilger. And yeah, I know rogan and Chomsky aren’t reporters. Still like them and trust them.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

For a price I'd do about anything
Except pull the trigger
For that I'd need a pretty good cause
Then I heard of Dr. X
The man with the cure
Just watch the television
Yeah, you'll see there's something going on

Got no love for politicians
Or that crazy scene in D.C.
It's just a power mad town
But the time is ripe for changes
There's a growing feeling
That taking a chance on a new kind of vision is due

I used to trust the media
To tell me the truth, tell us the truth
But now I've seen the payoffs
Everywhere I look
Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Revolution calling
Revolution calling
Revolution calling you
(There's a) Revolution calling
Revolution calling
Gotta make a change
Gotta push, gotta push it on through

I'm tired of all this bull#
They keep selling me on T.V.
About the communist plan
And all the shady preachers
Begging for my cash
Swiss bank accounts while giving their
Secretaries the slam

They're all in Penthouse now
Or Playboy magazine, million dollar stories to tell
I guess Warhol wasn't wrong
Fame fifteen minutes long
Everyone's using everybody, making the sale

I used to think
That only America's way, way was right
But now the holy dollar rules everybody's lives
Gotta make a million doesn't matter who dies

Revolution calling
Revolution calling
Revolution calling you
Revolution calling
Gotta make a change

I used to trust the media
To tell me the truth, tell us the truth
But now I've seen the payoffs
Everywhere I look
Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Revolution calling
Revolution calling
Revolution calling you
Revolution calling
Gotta make a change

Not bad for an 80's band...

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I feel your pain. Our trust has been shattered by the fakestream media. If you are this lost in reality then can you at least trust that you you will bleed if I cut your arm off? I don't want to be agro but just find some sense of reality to all the BS we feed daily.

I know this darkness sucks, I want to find some common ground to help get us out.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I smell the strong scent of "controlled rebellion" all over that Q person.

Yes, that is exactly what it is. We are taking back the planet.

The whole concept here is to control the process and bring it to an end that We The People can understand, hence the Q Movement.

What do you want? Uncontrolled rebellion would be a 2nd civil war. No one wants that except the enemy.

P

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Oddly enough, an old Russian phrase popularized by Ronald Reagan comes to mind ... “Doveryáy, no proveryáy”

“Trust yet verify”

The only thing that should be trusted are provable facts. You can find these in virtually any product of the media, embedded in opinion and NLP.

Use your critical thought, look for verifying data from multiple sources (that isn’t merely downstreamed).

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
I like informationclearinghouse.info. Chris hedges. Seymour hersch. Matt taibbi. Joe rogan. Chomsky. John pilger. And yeah, I know rogan and Chomsky aren’t reporters. Still like them and trust them.

The informationclearinghouse.info does look like a good place for international news. Does look like a few million short on the death toll of Iraq, but understand the challenges with accounting in war. I will not fault them on that when they are working to verify the tally. Does look like a good place for daily international news and thanks for the tip.

Noam Chomsky, wrote the program a while ago. 10/10 for any media studies.

John Pilger. Was the Julian Assange during the Vietnam war. Reflective of the evolving culture.

Chris hedges. Seymour hersch. Matt taibbi. All kinda new to me thanks for the tip.

Joe Rogan. Seen bits and pieces, was better when he started. Has some CIA/controlled opposition vibe these days. Better than CNN with the guests he has. Not bucking the tin man agenda too hard.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I don’t trust any media outlet. I only trust myself to look for the facts and avoid these political activists opinions.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
My adopted mother used to say; Believe nothing you hear, and only a portion of what you see.
George Carlin(among others) put it more succintly; Question everything.

I don't trust anyone in the media. I don't care how white their horse is. I don't always trust myself. I can look back at some of my own ramblings and wonder who the hell that person was that said that through my mouth or fingers.

There's an old Journalist adage...If your mother says she loves you, check it out.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I don’t trust any media outlet. I only trust myself to look for the facts and avoid these political activists opinions.

How can I trust that? Who do you get your facts from and how can you trust that. Our government tells us to shout up and take our vaccinations. Are we suppose to trust them?

The news recently said the ozone hole has healed itself, 30-60 years earlier than what was expected if CFC's where to be banned. Can I trust that? I got no explanation of how this happened. Was it aliens? I don't know. Can I trust this data? Do you?

I get it that you don't trust media. I don't either. How can we when a war agenda wins the headlines? I don't expect all the answers. I would like a step in the right direction trapped in this information quagmire. Out of this bunch of bad apples are there are few left still looking ok? Have some been mentioned that do have a dirty side? We are lost in the waves of disinformation. Is there a way out before we all become apple cider?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Believe nothing you hear, and only a portion of what you see.

Yeah my dad said that as well. He still believed the official story with 9/11 despite seeing the more recent reviews on the subject. I get that it is a tough one to swallow. I did not want to believe it either when first hearing about it. I am not going to sacrifice my understanding of reality just to feel safe. It did leave me confused. It is one reason I like info wars for calling this one out.

To trust anyone explicitly is dangerous, we all make mistakes and get things wrong at times. Is there anyone your respect for a closer perspective of reality?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I like RT news. I've been reading them daily for years. They have some really good programs and reporters and have won a bunch of media awards.

RT website
RT YouTube channel (The most watched news network on YouTube)
RT for Android
RT for Apple
edit on 11/28/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Props for mentioning Russ Dizdar!
Shatter The Darkness
I don't trust ANY source 100%.
I listen to it all, do my own research, then pray for understanding and discernment.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't trust any news source implicitly. NONE.

What I do every morning is read a variety of sources. Then before I rush to judgement on an issue, I wait at least 3-5 days. By that time there are often, usually, alternative points of views on various websites. Also, "fake news" has been exposed or news that has had such a deep bias within it that it is in effect fake news, has been exposed.

I also read international news sites. They are often far more objective and far less invested in what happens in US politics and often more reliable.

EVERY news source is biased in some way. Particularly when it comes to ones own nation. Therefore, to completely trust any source when it comes to politics within ones own nation is to risk only learning one side of any issue or story and to make incorrect assumptions.

Finally, I do something the media loathes, society is no longer teaching our children to do, I decide for myself based on information from multiple sources.

edit on 11/28/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
No one. You can never trust any one person or organization, though some are more trustworthy than others. It’s about the information. If you can’t decipher what’s true or not regardless of the source then it really doesn’t matter where you get your news.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Is there anyone your respect for a closer perspective of reality?

Jesus...period.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Exactly. We all get our "news" from the mainstream media, that's how it's delivered, but from that point it's up to us to do the research to verify what they're telling us. Not just that, but to look for what they're not telling us as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I like Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis! He’s a wealth of info bc something happened to him health wise that gave him permanent recall. He has a lot of info in his head.

I agree on Amazon Polly

I also like The Outer Light channel on YouTube, made by Esoteric Ed/ The outer Dark.

Agenda Free TV is good- he covers live breaking stories without political bias.

edit on 28-11-2019 by raedar because: Typo

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I trust the news source, not the news reporter.

So, check the press release, look at what was actually said or done, not what someone tells you was said and done. And if that's not possible, looks at as many different reports as possible - checking out Australian, French, Russian and Indian news reports on the same story, for example, sometimes helps get a fuller picture of what really happened.

Also, learn to read the gaps. In the UK you can practice quite well with the Daily Mail who almost daily carry stories where it's quite clear that they haven't passed on all the facts. They tell only one side of the story. Recognising when this happens makes it easier to avoid being duped. Sadly, many still just assume whatever they read is the truth and the whole truth. And don't even get me started on headlines which frequently contradict the report that follows!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join