It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy International Men's Day!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is for you, guys -- the men of ATS! Today, we celebrate the men in our lives. And that includes the men in our ATS Family -- YOU.

I confess... I had not heard of International Men's Day until this morning. I'm probably not the only one. But apparently it's been a thing for some time.

International Men’s Day is celebrated annually on 19 November.

The date coincides with the birthday of the father of Dr Jerome Teelucksingh, a doctor from Trinidad and Tobago who relaunched International Men’s Day in 1999.

This year's theme is "Making a Difference for Men and Boys".

"We want to promote the need to value men and boys and help people make practical improvements in men and boy’s health and well-being," he said.

"International Men’s Day encourages men to lead by example. Boys need positive male role models. Our broader community also needs positive male role models. This is the best way to create a fair and safe society which allows everyone the opportunity to flourish."

Internati onal Men's Day 2019

The International Men's Day website tells us the significance of the date:

The month of November is important for the masculine soul because it gathers several events that are important to men. Movember is the month we focus on raising money for mens health. On November 20 we celebrate International Children’s day which then forms 48 hours of celebration for men and children, and the special relationship they share.

Very special indeed. Our fathers are usually our first and primary male role model. My dad was a giant of a man -- both literally and figuratively. at six-and-a-half-feet tall and 250 pounds, he could be quite intimidating (and worse, if you messed with him!), but he was a gentle giant. His dad died when he was six months old, so he never knew his dad. He was a product of a military boarding school, and learned discipline and responsibility and honor from his instructors, going on to serve in the Navy during Korea. He thought a positive male role model was so important that he spent the rest of his life working with boys who didn't have a dad of their own, through Boy Scouts and church and school. My dad was of the opinion that his daughters should be just as resourceful and self-sufficient as his sons, and taught us the same skills and lessons. I've probably "earned" more merit badges than most scouts. He taught me American history, Natural Law and Constitutional principles. He taught me to live by the only commandment Jesus gave us: To love one another as He loved us. My dad lived by that. (And I try...) I know I could not and would not be the person I am today if not for my dad, and I am so blessed and grateful for that.

In this era where men are too often crapped on simply for being men (divide-and-conquer), remember this: To the world, you may just be one person... but to one person, you are their whole world. Never ever underestimate your worth or your potential.

So, my fellow ATSers, let's show 'em some love. Share your stories of the amazing men in your life -- both the ladies and the gents. Post music videos singing the praises of men. Share poems or quotes that celebrate and honor men.

Let's hear it for our boys! We love you!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I am waiting for the feminazi's to show up and start screaming
about this topic and manspreading!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks! Ima gonns drink beer and scratch my bits today!!!
Oh wait....thats every day.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yay ! Men have their own day too. It seems only fair.. wouldn’t want to live on this planet without them.

Happy International Men’s Day men from ATS.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I am waiting for the feminazi's to show up and start screaming
about this topic and manspreading!

LOL! Fortunately, I don't think we have any feminazis here... and if I'm wrong, well, I'll just have to let them know this isn't the time or place for that!

No hate. Just love.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Thanks! Ima gonns drink beer and scratch my bits today!!!
Oh wait....thats every day.

You're welcome

As for the beer and scratching, today you can do so with no qualms... ENJOY!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Yay ! Men have their own day too. It seems only fair.. wouldn’t want to live on this planet without them.

Right???

I couldn't imagine a world without men... and I don't want to!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The #1 Men's holiday is next month! Happy "Festivus" to all

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thank you very much Boadicea. It is greatly appreciated. a reply to: Boadicea

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thanks, Boadicea! Very thoughtful of you.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Enjoy this day and have one on me...
Will there be a burping contest as well?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

This dude is ecstatic about the whole affair.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum
Thank you very much Boadicea. It is greatly appreciated. a reply to: Boadicea

You're very welcome.

I hope you celebrate yourself today -- and make it awesome!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Thanks, Boadicea! Very thoughtful of you.

Cheers

You're welcome!

I've been so blessed by the men in my life that I'm just thankful that there is a day to say, "Thanks for being awesome!" I can't tell my own dad... but I can tell all the other men in my life. And I think my dad would appreciate that, so in a way, it's an opportunity to honor my own dad again.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Enjoy this day and have one on me...

Thanks, Mama -- I will do that! And you do the same?

Will there be a burping contest as well?

Can't speak for everyone, but every day's a burping contest for my hubby -- and he always wins!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

This dude is ecstatic about the whole affair.

Too funny!

But somehow I think every day is "Men's Day" for him!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

"Yeah, baby, yeah!"

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I tried getting the day off work for the occasion. Apparently it's quite a comedic affair as there was much laughter.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I tried getting the day off work for the occasion. Apparently it's quite a comedic affair as there was much laughter.

Well... bummer! My hubby didn't get the day off either.

I just don't know what's up with that!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
On behalf of all men of ATS...on this hallowed day...I will now say thankyou, by eating a cheese sandwich and attempting to fart like Eric Swalwell.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join