It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just wondering if others have image issues.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Are other users experience a problem that I've been having.

About a week ago, pictures(embedded in posts) don't show up for me.

Now, the problem has expanded to pretty much all images(the forum topic bubbles are empty and the ats logo at top left is missing).

Just wondering if it's a site issue or if it's just me. It's across several computers for me(at 2 physical locations). The only thing on my end is the possibility of my VPN provider(though I use 2 different addresses at the 2 locations, so unlikely?).

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Also, while I've lately had better results with page loads and posts posting(a previous site issue). I notice a considerable "lag" compared to other pages on the net. Text loads almost immediately, but the site continues to "load" for about 10 seconds and none of the images shows up(avatars included).
edit on 16-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Yes I'm old and getting chunky, but I still have my hair...

Onward..

The ATS logo is there, or are you referring to something else?
edit on 16-11-2019 by Bigburgh because: Their their they're

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Yes I'm old and getting chunky, but I still have my hair...

Onward..

The ATS logo is their or are you referring to something else?

The image in your post doesn't show up for me, neither does any avatar(yours or mine) as well as the small ATS logo on the bar uptop(to the left of the video icon).

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I would recommend a full sweep using something like Glary Utilities a free program that will erase trackers and cookies and stuff. See if that helps.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Ahhh yes..

10 seconds and none of the images shows up(avatars included).

Avatars are slow to load and it's been happening for a couple of months now. Eventually they load.

Halfoldman, operationmindcrime are the most noticeable.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: HiddenRay

I would recommend a full sweep using something like Glary Utilities a free program that will erase trackers and cookies and stuff. See if that helps.

Thanks, I should dump all my history and cookies and see if that helps.

Though like I said, multiple computers, multiple locations, multiple browsers. ATS seems to be the only one that has issues.

Still, might be time to go through and "freshen" up everything.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Yes when I refresh my avatar doesn't load right away. As far as images in post that members are linking does lag a wee bit too.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Though like I said, multiple computers, multiple locations, multiple browsers. ATS seems to be the only one that has issues.

That is weird. Just fyi, I don't have any issues. But I don't visit this website that much.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

That is weird. Just fyi, I don't have any issues. But I don't visit this website that much.

You have to be logged in to see avatars and comment, leave star and flag. And since you joined just today with only 7 comments in... welcome aboard

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Over the last few months, page loads, images, avatars and logins have been abnormally slow. Sometimes I open a new browser window and go read something else after clicking on a forum thread. If the loading is too long I just close the website and come back at a later time.

I usually access the site from the Recent header. That usually loads quickly but many times missing the thread icons, which load sometime later.

I have normal load times for other areas of the web. I have a 6MB/sec (50 Mbits/sec.) connection. Tonight ATS threads are loading fairly quickly.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It sure would help if we could know the device or at least the specs , browser , and other pertinent information .
No problems my end.
Of course I run CCleaner one a week .

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Work PC, windows 7, firefox browser.

Home, windows 10 and 7(two different machines), firefox, chrome and brave browser(multiple browsers tested on both OS's, pc's).

Mobile, samsung, verizon, firefox browser.
edit on 16-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Clear catch history cookies? Samsung

After that clean memory... I have a Samsung tablet galaxy S2

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think it's due to the intentional lag. Which for me can be worse than the 28-35 min timeouts, often lasting up to half an hour 40 mins.

The other day I had exactly what you described. It loaded text, but all the images had place holder icons. I thought it was me at first, reloaded everything, but it remained, then I noticed it was still actively connecting...

So perhaps to be rid of the hourly issue, things have been spread out, with the occasional white hole from hell that can take half an hour...

But it's still an issue.. even loading this thread I hit one of the pot holes..

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Home, windows 10 and 7(two different machines), firefox, chrome and brave browser(multiple browsers tested on both OS's, pc's).

Not for use on work computers unless you have clearance to do so.
Run CCleaner to clear cache . (careful , as it will clear passwords unless you make the correct choices before running.
Check available HDD space . If Windows is set to automatically set pagefile size , if you don't have the space trouble brews.
Check for an abnormally high number and size of restore points. You really don't need any other than the latest 1 or 2.

You can try Wise Registry Cleaner (only do the Basic scan) . The program actually has a nice Optimizer built in. Make a full registry back up first.

Hope this helps.
And , if possible , Solid State drives just for Windows.

Oh , yes , run chkdsk /f

edit on 11/16/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Run CCleaner to clear cache . (careful , as it will clear passwords unless you make the correct choices before running.
Check available HDD space . If Windows is set to automatically set pagefile size , if you don't have the space trouble brews.
Check for an abnormally high number and size of restore points. You really don't need any other than the latest 1 or 2.

You can try Wise Registry Cleaner (only do the Basic scan) . The program actually has a nice Optimizer built in. Make a full registry back up first.

Hope this helps.
And , if possible , Solid State drives just for Windows.

Thanks gothy for the help, but I really just posted this to probe the possibility of others problems.

I run CC, I wipe all data(form and passwords included), all hard drives are 75 to 50 percent full, all pc's with issues are either SSD or m2 ssd drives. I've used multiple browsers and cleared all data. Reset my router, hard reset stuff and just at this point think it's site or VPN server related. Either way there doesn't seem to be much probability on my end. Hence the query of other users.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

It's not your end. It's just intermittently intermittent, and most likely some other users aren't noticing it.

I otoh, have.. the exact as you.. and that's not something to do with my PC.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

VPNs are a _______ (fill in the blanks with your choice of name)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Avatars are slow to load and it's been happening for a couple of months now. Eventually they load.

Halfoldman, operationmindcrime are the most noticeable.

Hello....

I utilize the image upload section a lot because of my work in the avatar creation thread. I was using a different avatar last week and I would have to check it's size limits...maybe that caused some problems but my regular avatar should be fine.

I did notice some glitches on and off but usually just temporary and never with the same users.

I think MrSpock should clear his cache, run some cleanup and check his bandwidth to solve most his problems. Adblockers are a nono on ATS and as vpn's go...I have no idea if those can screw things up but I never use them. (Although I did come across a poster calling out an other member on it's location through an ipcheck recently...
)

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join