It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrific details emerge in killing of 9 US citizens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

At least nine members of an American family, including six children, were killed in an attack in northern Mexico on Monday, the Mexican military has confirmed.

The family was ambushed by an armed group while traveling from Bavispe in Sonora state to the town of Galeana in Chihuahua state between 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. local time, according to Mexico's security minister, Alfonso Durazo.

The area where the attack took place -- less than 100 miles from the Arizona border -- is of territorial dispute by several cartels, and it's possible the family's convoy of cars was mistaken for one of them, Durazo said at a press conference Tuesday morning.

Three women and six children were killed in the ambush, according to Durazo. Seven other children s

Horrific details emerge in killing of 9 US citizens

I usually don't bother with the news and this one is really grizzly.

I don't know what the motives if any were behind the attack. Am sure in the days to come things might come out. In the YouTube comments mentions of a Labaron family is made.

Extreme violence is everywhere.

[off topic material snipped]

I will leave with this positive scripture:

Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more;
You will look at where they were,
And they will not be there.
But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

-Psalm 37:10, 11.
edit on 11/6/2019 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

edit on Wed Nov 6 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: EdgeofParadise

whats the link ??

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Pfft.

News outlets and horrible death are bad.

Obviously.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

whats the link ??

It's the words in blue. I just copy pasted, it did it automatically for me.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Pfft.

News outlets and horrible death are bad.

Obviously.

LOL.

This got me thinking. Maybe he was asking what the link was to the Labaron family. I guess there is a speculation about a Mormon settlement by the Labrarons and their ongoing feud with the cartels in the area who want their land.

A Google search pulled up this article:

LeBaron Family Murders: U.S. Citizens Killed in Mexico

Nine U.S. citizens were killed in an apparent cartel attack in northern Mexico on a convoy carrying members of the LeBaron family, who are part of a historical Mormon enclave in the Sonora region, relatives say. The victims include three mothers and six children. They are members of the LeBaron, Miller, Langford, and Johnson families.

A relative has posted a graphic and grim account of multiple members of the LeBaron family being murdered in northern Mexico. The horrendous story was first shared on social media on Monday, November 4, by family members. “13 US CITIZENS KIDNAPPED AND BEING KILLED…” Kenny LeBaron posted on his Facebook page, adding that those slain included mothers and young children. Another relative, Jhon LeBaron, posted similar details. One surviving child, Devin Blake Langford, 13, “walked approximately 14 miles to LaMora to get help, after hiding his bleeding but living siblings in the bushes, and covering them with branches,” a family member wrote on Facebook.

According to NBC News, the victims include three adult women, Dawna Langford, 43; Christina Marie Langford Johnson, 29; and Rhonita Miller, also known as Rhonita Maria LeBaron, 30. Six children were also killed, family members say. They have been identified as Howard Miller, 12; Trevor Langford, 11; Krystal Miller, 10; Rogan Langford, 2; and 8-month-old twins, Titus and Tiana Miller.

edit on 6-11-2019 by EdgeofParadise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yeah I...ahh. I'm tired of waiting. I'm sure one day the meek shall inherit the earth, but that's no excuse to act meek in hopes of that inheritance. In fact I'd go so far as to say I will happily forfeit my inheritance, if that means I can gun down some of these animals.

To President Obrador, just ask, man. Ask for military assistance. We've got SO many troops along the southern border, and further, we have no interest in imperialism anymore. Let us help you! Let Mexican forces partner with American forces and wipe these cretins off the map. And when we're done, maybe we won't even NEED a wall anymore! Lets get this done!

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Damn.. the media actually is suppressing this.. thank God for screen caps..

Oh yea!
nypost.com...
edit on 6-11-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Wow someone is working overtime.. took 12 tries to get this screen cap up..

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Also from your article:

"Mormon sects, which have existed in Mexico for decades, have battled with cartels in Mexico for some time. At times, their wealth has drawn the attention of drug gangs; in other cases, their anti-crime activism draws note. There are several of these settlements. In 2009, The Seattle Times reported on a Mexican settlement of Mormons called Colonia LeBaron, saying that its residents were “the latest collateral damage in the U.S.-backed drug war.” That colony stemmed from a man named Alma Dayer LeBaron, who moved his sect to Mexico six decades before after having a vision, the newspaper reported, adding that extortion threats and kidnappings had made the family and various Mormon settlements targets."

heavy.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24743315]Zelun[/post

The problem is there's no way to tell exactly who is part of them. But otherwise I agree with you. It needs to be dealt with once and for all. I do believe there has to be a way to trace the money and find the people.

I like the verse that talks about Jesus ruling over the nations with a rod of iron.....maybe that rod has a hole down the middle and spits lead out of it or maybe he just swings that rod and smashes skulls with it......idk. But I wish he would hurry up and get here.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Let me try:

nypost.com...

From article:

" LeBaron’s brother was kidnapped by a local drug cartel in 2009, and the family defiantly refused to pay a ransom. The cartel eventually released the abducted man."

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Damn.. the media actually is suppressing this.. thank God for screen caps..

[...]

I actually did not make the connection between the two. And didn't read the details about the horrid sex traffic details. Maybe there is a real link? I don't know. If the sex trafficing charges are true, it's pretty disgusting. Oh man, this world is sooo messed up.

I found some more info on Wikipedia about the Mormon Labaron family, take it fwiw:

Ervil Morrell LeBaron (February 22, 1925 – August 15, 1981) was the leader of a polygamous Mormon fundamentalist group who ordered the killings of many of his opponents, using the religious doctrine of blood atonement to justify the murders. He was sentenced to life in prison for orchestrating the murder of an opponent, and died there.

He had at least 13 wives in a plural marriage, several of whom he married while they were still underage, and several of whom were involved in the murders.

I wouldn't doubt it. I am very familiar with the Mountain Meadows Massacre. The start of the Mormon Church was based on betrayal, robbery, and bloodshed. Quite filthy and disgusting.

I always talk with the Mormons when they come by and knock. Offer them something to drink. Show them a few scriptures, from their own book of Mormon, I've read it before. And sometimes I'll mention the Mountain Meadow Massacre and ask if they're familiar with it.

edit on Wed Nov 6 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
a reply to: Bigburgh

Let me try:

nypost.com...

From article:

" LeBaron’s brother was kidnapped by a local drug cartel in 2009, and the family defiantly refused to pay a ransom. The cartel eventually released the abducted man."

Same one I tried.. Star!

I saved it (embedded it) this is what comes up)

Thanks for posting this!

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
a reply to: [post=24743315]Zelun[/post

The problem is there's no way to tell exactly who is part of them. But otherwise I agree with you. It needs to be dealt with once and for all. I do believe there has to be a way to trace the money and find the people.

I like the verse that talks about Jesus ruling over the nations with a rod of iron.....maybe that rod has a hole down the middle and spits lead out of it or maybe he just swings that rod and smashes skulls with it......idk. But I wish he would hurry up and get here.

With that rod of iron he is defintialy going to be smashing a lot of skulls. And will be fully justified doing it:

"And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.
... I saw also an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice and said to all the birds that fly in midheaven: “Come here, be gathered together to the great evening meal of God,  so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of military commanders and the flesh of strong men and the flesh of horses and of those seated on them, and the flesh of all, of freemen as well as of slaves and of small ones and great.”-Revelation 19:15, 17, 18.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Here is a guardian article. I am going to take this nxivm stuff with a grain of salt until more comes out; fascinating though:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"Police confirmed they have arrested a suspected drug lord after the killings which left one vehicle torched and riddled with bullets.

And it has since emerged the remote Mormon stronghold in Mexico, founded by U.S. citizens fleeing a polygamy ban, was also a target for NXIVM founder Raniere. "

"Mark Vicente, a documentary maker who worked with Raniere, said a film they made together became a recruiting tool for Nxivm.

It shows Raniere speaking with Julian LeBaron, whose brother Benjamin LeBaron, founder of a crime-fighting group called SOS Chihuahua, was assassinated in 2009.

Following the allegations against Raniere Julian said: 'I never agreed for the film to be used as a recruiting tool of any kind.'"

ETA: This article says the brother was assasinated, not released as the nypost article says.

edit on 6-11-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I'm a softie when it comes to children being hurt or killed. Can never finish the articles. Sorry and Anger take over and I must do something else.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Rather than fighting all of these dumb foreign wars maybe washington should start looking closer to home. Trump should join together with Mexican authorities and he!I them to put in place the social and military programs required to defeat the cartels. That will go a long was to helping to secure the southern border. Those cartels are heavily involved in people smuggling and corruption in the us.

So long as trump doesn't charge in like a bull in a China shop and cause some kind of diplomatic incident.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
MSM strikes again.
Blame the woman and her alleged sex antics for her and the kids deaths - all because they can't bring themselves to be crticial of any Mexican.
It would be wall to wall coverage of the horror if the murderers were white and it would be Trump's fault obviously. Frankly surprised they have not already blamed Trump for being nasty to mexican cartels.

edit on 6/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
MSM strikes again.
Blame the woman and her alleged sex antics for her and the kids deaths - all because they can't bring themselves to be crticial of any Mexican.
It would be wall to wall coverage of the horror if the murderers were white and it would be Trump's fault obviously. Frankly surprised they have not already blamed Trump for being nasty to Mexican cartels.

I live in Sonora and came across the story because my wife told me about it. She listens to the news in Spanish. And I stopped to listen to a little of it, and you should see how angry the Mexicans down here are about this incident. There is a huge outrage.

All over the news and radio, people calling in angry about the incident. There are a lot of bad people down here, like there are everywhere. But there are also a lot of people who are irate at all of the violence and corruption they see being perpetrated.

But this is not a local problem. I can go almost anywhere in the world and find governments full of corruption, from local to federal, people with little to no morals, violence and murder everywhere.

Who can deny we are not at the very end of the last days. God has to step in very soon to stop the madness. I wouldn't doubt if things today are worse than when he stepped in during the day's of Noah.

The storm is coming. And his rage when it is unleashed is going to shake the very foundations of the world to its knees, and then completely melt them out of existence.

Okay, so you don't have respect for man, you don't respect the law, you don't respect your government, you don't respect authority. You better get some respect in you for God. Because he will hold everyone accountable for their behavior. There is no human to powerful or mighty to be above God and his judgement. Even the most powerful world rulers are going to render an account to him on that judgement day.

And what is all the wealth they amassed, or armies they created going to do to help them when Jehovah considers all the nations together as simple dross, like dust on a scale, not even to be considered:

"Look! The nations are like a drop from a bucket,
And as the film of dust on the scales they are regarded."-Isaiah 40:15.

Prophecy tells us Jehovah is confounded as to why humans think they can get away with what they are doing. And when they do decide to attack him (by attacking his people earth-wide) he is going to laugh from the heavens. It will actually make Jehovah laugh to see puny humans with their puny machines and armies trying to do something against him:

They say: “Let us tear off their shackles
And throw off their ropes!”
 The One enthroned in the heavens will laugh;
Jehovah will scoff at them.

At that time he will speak to them in his anger
And terrify them in his burning anger...
Psalm 2:3-5.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Very insightful comment, any feelings on this? How about screw Mexico and there sh!thole government and send in some nice air strikes?? Or are you going to defend the sovereignty of there nation, seems like your always defending the indefensible monsters.a reply to: Phage

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
From the OP’s source:
abcnews.go.com...

The family members were U.S. citizens, but lived in a Mormon community in the Mexican border state of Sonora, according to another relative, Leah Staddon, who was born and raised in the same community but now lives in Arizona. She said her family, although American, has lived in Mexico for decades and they are all dual citizens. The area where most of the family lives, La Mora, is hard to access, and they were on a route they often use to run errands, LeBaron said.

Horrible what this family must have gone through in their last moments.

Justice should come to those who did this without question.

I have a question though, no one has even suspected a false flag operation here?

About 200 shell casings of .223- and 77 mm-caliber guns were found on the scenes, Cordova said

edit on Wed Nov 6 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: added source

<<   2 >>

join