It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Needs Fewer People to Beat the Climate Crisis, Scientists Say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm not so much concerned about the planet. I just think it's pretty flippin obvious that there are too many people on the planet when half of us live in authoritarian/theocratic #holes and the rest of us are wage slaves.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanos 2020!!

"My only Promise...It will be random!!"

But really, I'm not worried We are going to take care of Ourselves!

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: neoholographic

The ozone layer was repaired because chlorofluorocarbons were banned by public policy.

Burning so much gasoline everyday has consequences. There no reason to get all emotional about it.

We should be doing what China is doing at that is spend billions of dollars on exotic alternative energy technologies capable of replacing the use of all fossil fuels.

China spends billions on technology to replace using fossil fuels

China is going to save the World from death by carbon pollution. And in doing so they will become the preeminent super-power in the World because the people and the government will have the least amount of debt.

Think of this like the space race but it's a race to prosperity and cleaner air.

You are spot on. Unfortunately ATS has been taken over by the far right. Every single climate thread has posters calling climate science a religion as well as jabs at Al Gore.

Anyone who can think for themselves can easily the damage being done to our planet from human activity. I just do not understand how climate change denial has become one of the alt-right's key beliefs. Clearly it is well designed propaganda campaign that acts to.protect big oil profits at the enviroment's expense.

We are truly regressing as a society and nation(USA) if we put profiteering over clean water and air.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Humans are overpopulated, that's a fact. The more people there are the more pollution and waste is created. The scientists are right, if not for climate change reasons then for other environmental reasons for sure. There's a reason we hunt deer and wild hogs, because if their population goes unchecked they become invasive and destructive, I don't see it any differently for humans.

And no, I'm not advocating hunting people or killing them because I know there are some who will read it that way.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am just going to leave this here.

This man is brilliant, if you have not watched his stand-up please do so.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
There's a reason we hunt deer and wild hogs, because if their population goes unchecked they become invasive and destructive, I don't see it any differently for humans.

And no, I'm not advocating hunting people or killing them because I know there are some who will read it that way.

Damn you, I did and was all set to sign up.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
maybe getting the pope to officially endorse safe sex for catholics
would be a start if they havent already done that

especially for catholics in developing countries with no immediate access to healthcare or parental planning.

Although saying that practicing safe sex would increase the population in the third world as it prevents death from infectious sexually transmitted diseases

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AttitudeProblem

Scientists Say Earth Needs Fewer People to Beat the Climate Crisis

Apparently the global warming hysteria is devolving back to the point which it derived from...

Carbon Eugenics Agenda

Climate Eugenics

Good points and thanks for the videos.

Climate Change Fanatics are dangerous.

The only way to control the climate and stop the end of the world will be if we give all of our money to corrupt Politicians and let them control every aspect of human behavior. Think of how insane that sounds! If we give all of our wealth to Bernie Sanders and AOC they're going to control the climate and stop the apocalypse? It's insanity but sadly, people are sheep and they're ready to give over complete control of their lives to Governments in the name of saving the planet.

If all of these people would stop writing and talking about climate change and drastically change their behavior maybe people would listen. These people are hypocrites. They fly around on private jets and have multiple homes.

For instance, if Hollywood Liberals were serious, why not hold the Oscars in a tent. They're telling us the apocalypse is coming yet they go to these shows in gas guzzling SUV's and Limos and have the most wasteful parties afterwards. These people know they're not serious about climate change. They just want mindless sheep to give them total control over their lives in the name of saving the planet.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The same people that make this argument tell us we need to import immigrants because low birth rates mean we don’t have enough young people to take care of our old

The western word has declining birth rates

If the eugenticists death cult of climate change wants to tell us they need to impose population control on third word countries, then let them

Meanwhile since Malthus we have had the over population fear mongers cheering for death and population control or predicting all sorts of cataspohes that have almost all been wrong

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The same people that make this argument tell us we need to import immigrants because low birth rates mean we don’t have enough young people to take care of our old

They want a broader tax base, I guess we are talking the same thing in a roundabout way.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod
Not that I'm anti capitalist..but it's capitalism at its worst, money is more important than anything. Kinda shallow way to live but hard to live without it.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I'm not so much concerned about the planet. I just think it's pretty flippin obvious that there are too many people on the planet when half of us live in authoritarian/theocratic #holes and the rest of us are wage slaves.

Ow yeah , we don't need scientists to see that , we are living this planet like we got spares laying around

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: LSU2018

No lets start with government who will be the ones to enact these barbaric legislations
and also the top 1% of wealth owners.

Since they are a part of this problem too !

its trickle down economy remember so , the trickle of depopulation should start at the top!

Get rid of the 1% and you get rid of the jobs, lol. People hate them but can't get a job without them.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, the birth rate in the United States is as low as it's been in 35 years.

So don't blame us.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Science is a wonderful thing. No doubt. However, ethics are a wonderful thing, too. ...science without ethics is not something to be wished for, ever.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The solution is self-evident.

Get the feck off this rock.

Climate change or otherwise, keeping all our eggs in the one basket is dangerous.

Especially so when we can find or construct other baskets, for more of our eggs.

Then again those in power seem to like their eggs somewhat scrambled, makes them easier to digest you see.

edit on 6-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
China, the number 1 polluter in the world...
gonna save us? Amazing how many viewpoints can be had.

a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I've never heard that argument from anyone personally, sounds like that's a very small minority who think that because I think that's a dumb idea. Though the minority are usually the loudest on social media and they tend to drown out those of us who are rational thinkers, unfortunately.

The western word has declining birth rates

Good, I don't plan on having kids and neither do many of the friends I grew up with. The future is too uncertain for me to selfishly bring another human into the world without knowing where we as a society are headed, and from where I'm sitting we're steadily going downhill and have been my whole life. I don't feel comfortable with bringing a child into this sick society, personally, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the mindset of many other people my age as well which is the reason for the declining birth rates.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
The solution is self-evident.
Get the feck off this rock.

Easier said than done. Without some radical shifts in scientific paradigms, the chance of us establishing colonies on other planets is practically zero. Not impossible. But so incredibly difficult that it might as well be. Yeah, there will be some explorers and daredevils, but large-scale migrations? Ain't gonna happen. Not in 100 years, not in 1,000 years.

At the moment, the only way to get off the Earth is to die. Even then, your bits of carbon dust will linger until the sun turns into a red giant and engulfs the planet.

Humans Will Never Colonize Mars

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Easier said than done indeed.

None the less its something that will need to take place.

Else our respective societies will stagnate and die fighting over diminishing resources and religion down here on Earth.

Let's just start with our own Earth Orbit and the Moon before worrying about Mars.

Venus might be the better prospect where colonization is concerned just down to the toxicity of Mars atmosphere.

Humans will colonize whatever they must to survive, adapting to new environment and overcoming obstacles is after all what we do best, well that and killing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join