It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have experience with liquidbearings for firemarm lubrication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Anyone have experience with liquid bearings for firearm lubrication applications?
liquidbearings.com...

I have not tried this yet but from what I have read thus far it sounds like it might be worth a try. I was just wondering with this large body of firearms users here on ATS if anyone had an informed opinion on this subject. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Never heard of it so I can't give you a opinion on it, but I always use Break Free CLP as a solvent and then use Hoppes or Breakthrough for lube. Works great for me and don't need to use anything else for my firearms.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
Go to NAPA get their synthetic oil. A quart will cost about 3.50 and last you years. All they do is charge you alot more for the same stuff you can buy in an automotive store.

In Reality lubricants only break down to a couple of categories. Chances are that the lubes are red in color will be red lithium, white of course white lithium or a very light brownis most likely repackaged lubriplate. You also have moly for cars but would not suggest that for firearms at all.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

My wife and I use KY jelly to prevent excessive friction.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

My wife and I use KY jelly to prevent excessive friction.

We all know you and your wife need it.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Send a PM to projectvxn.
He's one of our resident firearms experts and may have the info you're looking for.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You can use it with synthetic /polymer stocks/lowers/frames without any issues.

I would be careful around wood stocks/grips, as it can swell wood.

I use clp, and liberal tears until the temps drop to 0. Then everything gets stripped clean and lubed with powdered graphite.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Just looked into this stuff, going to grab some and see how it does on some equipment.

If it doesn't do anything negative, well see if it can survive the gas-block test on the .458 socom.

new topics

top topics

join