It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween Mass Shootings - 3 in the Past Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Has anybody else been following any of these Halloween Party shootings? I count 3 that have happened since Sunday night, all at Halloween-themed parties (the Texas one was also a "homecoming" event). I believe due to the definition the US uses for mass shootings, if 3 or more individuals are shot (whether fatally or not), it is classified as a mass shooting. I may be wrong.

I'm curious if there is historical precedence for the frequency of shootings, particularly surrounding the Halloween time of the year.

Please don't make this a debate about gun control... this thread is about the number of violent events we are hearing about that are all tied to Halloween events and what may be behind this (copycats, psychological factors that may be triggered due to the holiday itself, current economic factors, any other theories?)

Greenville, Texas Shooting (Sunday night)

Long Beach, California Shooting (Wednesday night)

Orinda, California Shooting (Thursday night)

I did not see other threads about this (although I did see one or two threads about the separate events).

My thoughts are with the victims and their loved ones... tragedy does not discriminate

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

What if anything makes you think those shootings aren't anything other than business as usual?

I bet those 3 shootings don't even come close to the ones in Detroit alone. With 320-350 million people in the US and gangs of all sorts shootings are sort of normal.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It could just be that these events are convenient headlines for media outlets and they know the topic will bring in views/clicks. I just don't recall hearing about numerous Halloween party shootings in past years and US social dynamics are very polarized and tense right now so not sure if that's tied into it at all either.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Shootings only get coverage in the media if the person doesn’t appear to be a person of color.

If the shooter is a POC it falls from the media faster the a rich Pedophile ‘Suicide’ pill

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I believe the definition the government uses is 4 killed. Other people will use 4 injured, it just depends on the agenda they have.

There was the 7 year old killed last night in Chicago and another man injured. Such a sad world. Shooter will probably get a slap on the wrist because he's not an adult and really just a great kid gone astray.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
To answer your question, there is no historical anything regarding mass shootings and Halloween.

By the way, Halloween is not a holiday.

new topics

top topics

join