It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11,300 year old temple found in Mardin Turkey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Just a dumb person's guess here, but I've always thought that they should be digging up that whole area- all those miles of plains with nothing but dirt hills on them, with stuff obviously underneath. Same in Egypt. They should just start shoving sand aside out there until they hit more tombs and temples. And whatever else!

Should we do the same in our part of the world to expose the Inca and Aztec ruins that we don't know about? Napalm should do the trick nicely.

Ground penetrating Laser Radar does the same without burning jungle down. It peels back the ground cover.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
11300 years old ? And the dating method used is ?

Maybe it's before unixtime times your next time ?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Why are they always "temples"? I doubt the purpose of a lot of these ancient places were for religious s=== eff that. When I read temple, I think BULLSHI7.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

I guess I'm a dumb butt too, how did all these sites get filled in were they part of the preflood era?

Gobekli Tepe is beleived to have been deliberately buried, though no-on know why. However, with sites this old, it's quite possible for wind-blown soil (loess) to bury them naturally. I'm not aware that any are close to major rivers, so silt from floods is less likely in these particular cases.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
from the OP images... perhaps the stone columns were supports for a roof system, the stones stacked around the perimeter look less than advanced technology, but just a continuation of the act of Farmers building stone walls of the rocks/stones that littered the future fields of grains or corn produce.

ever see a road-side chapel where a traveler could stop for a short spell of peace/quiet... the discovery being excavated might be one of those rest-stops on the Ancient Silk Road from the Far East to the Middle east...

as far a 11,300 bce…. there was existing culture and civilization, from the human evolutionary family, at the time of Adam & Eden, where else was Adams' first woman-wife, identified as Lilith from ?

ETA: the 4 posts/columns/stele need excavated further down to uncover the 'footer' upon which the rock column stood --- unless the upright member is resting on BedRock… there might be more carvings or whatever symbols are on the stone columns that classify them as being 'Stelle' and might reveal the culture & timeframe of the builders

edit on st30157262279001392019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
11300 years old ? And the dating method used is ?

Maybe it's before unixtime times your next time ?

I would imagine the clay used on the floors. Organic material in them that could be dated.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
where else was Adams' first woman-wife, identified as Lilith from ?

Lilith, like Adam and Eve, came from a science laboratory in Eden.

When the Gods (ancient astronauts) created Cro-Magnon, one line of legend has it that they created a man first and called him "Adam". Then later created a woman "out of his rib" and named her "Eve". The other line of legend has it that they created the man and woman at the same time. But the woman was too unruly and knowing she was as intelligent as Adam she would not obey the commands of Adam. So the Gods banished Lilith out of Eden and then made Eve.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: LedermanStudio
Cool discovery.
But, am I the only one who wonders why they are so sure these kinds of finds are necessarily temples? It could be a marketplace or a town hangout. Why is it always a place of worship?

I guess those kinds of places normally had certain debris that they don't find so they assume from there.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Got to have been some kind of builder/technologically superior race that predates history.

But can we handle that?

Scientist cant even Handle PUMA PUNKU

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

Got to have been some kind of builder/technologically superior race that predates history.

But can we handle that?

It's the Fringe that can't handle Pumapunku.
Scientists have been handing it for over half a century.

The Non-Mystery of Pumapunku

Harte

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The meaning of the steles as well as the ornate T-shaped found at GT must have some commonality, if only in the fact that they are upright and arranged as so. When they get to the bottom of the steles, I wonder if they will see the same folded hands just like GT and Easter Island.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I always thought if the YD event proposed held true it might have been "filled in" in the ensuing years when the rain was black and tarry. Lots of stuff throw up raining down....

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I always thought if the YD event proposed held true it might have been "filled in" in the ensuing years when the rain was black and tarry. Lots of stuff throw up raining down....

Surely the YD event(s) must have covered over this region, yet, the archaeologists at GT say that the place was purposely buried. Perhaps buried on top of purposely buried? Its a puzzle.

I subscribe to Graham Hancock's theory that GT, as well as anything near it that is like it, are the survivors of the YD catastrophes.
edit on 7-11-2019 by charlyv because: c

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
For those interested in the site here is their official blog and website

www.dainst.blog...

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten
They also did not have xbox and tv. Thousands of bored people can do amazing things.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Just a dumb person's guess here, but I've always thought that they should be digging up that whole area- all those miles of plains with nothing but dirt hills on them, with stuff obviously underneath. Same in Egypt. They should just start shoving sand aside out there until they hit more tombs and temples. And whatever else!

Oh, there are plenty of sites to dig up, and you don't have to look hard. A lot of them have these big "T" shaped pillars just sticking up out of the dirt. But archeology costs money. And that area is not the most politically stable part of the world to begin with.

I guess it boils down to how much time and money you want to spend for what you'll get out of it.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Why are they always "temples"? I doubt the purpose of a lot of these ancient places were for religious s=== eff that. When I read temple, I think BULLSHI7.

It depends on what you consider to be religious. Maybe these were just places people liked to get together to tell old stories and myths and drink a little beer after a hard day hunting and gathering. That's all temples are, basically. Gathering places where people can meet to discuss stuff.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I wonder if they will see the same folded hands just like GT and Easter Island.

Also Sulawesi in Micronesia (sort of similar to Easter Island?):

Not Mongolia, though. They had a different idea as to where the hands should go:

Or this dude from Ireland. Who could be the same guy in Mongolia above.

edit on 7-11-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: HalWesten
They also did not have xbox and tv. Thousands of bored people can do amazing things.

I wouldn't think they were that bored.
They probably gathered there to get laid, after all.

Harte

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Wolfenz

But can we handle that?

It's the Fringe that can't handle Pumapunku.
Scientists have been handing it for over half a century.

The Non-Mystery of Pumapunku

Harte

Not so. The linked article attacks a few easy targets, like blocks some people have wrongly claimed to be made of cement that was poured into moulds. Anyone who has researched the geology of the stones at Puma Punku knows that the stone has been traced to various quarries, so that the geopolymer theory cannot apply to them. The stone blocks are not heavy compared with other megalithic sites in South America and - contrary to what the article wants to suggest - Puma Punku has never presented the usual problem of transport of stone blocks cut from quarries in mountains far away that other megalithic sites pose. No, the REAL problem presented by Puma Punku is not even mentioned, let alone discussed, in the linked article and that is why its claim that it has never posed a problem for scientists is disingenuous at best and a downright lie at worst. The mm-sized holes evenly drilled along the edges of some blocks, the perfectly circular deep holes in granite showing spirally grooves of a drill, the intricate, right-angled cavities inside the H-blocks and their precise, machine-like cutting are evidence of the use of tools far more sophisticated than anything ever found by archaeologists at Puma Punku. Those features HAVE given them some serious headaches, for copper and bronze chisels very quickly become blunt when used on, say, andesite, and could not possibly have achieved the shark edges and smooth surfaces that would need large steel saws, some circular, judging from the obvious signs of deep cuts in many stones found at Puma Punku. The statement "Pumapunku's stones suggest prefabrication" is false because the author made the mistake of thinking that the H-blocks are all similar. They are not copies. They were individually made with small differences. It's a pity the author, who was supposed to be more informed than the new-agers he scoffs at, fell for a common fallacy concerning the H-blocks: they were NOT prefabricated as copies from a single mould or blueprint because they are in fact all different. You just have to look very carefully.

So, scientists certainly can handle some examples of the level of craftsmanship seen there. The comparison with the older Parthenon is beside the point. Obviously, its craftsmanship is equal to anything found at Tiwanaku. But that's beside the point. The ancient Greeks had an Iron Age and used iron tools. There is no problem about how they accomplished what they built. But archaeologists don't believe that the citizens of Tiwanaku had iron tools AND THAT DOES POSE A PROBLEM FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY JOLLY WELL KNOW THAT ONLY IRON TOOLS - NOT COPPER OR BRONZE TOOLS - CAN CUT GRANITE AND ANDESITE, ETC. ONLY THEY WILL NEVER ADMIT IT PUBLICLY BECAUSE IT IMPLIES A LEVEL OF TECHNOLOGY WAS USED IN SOUTH AMERICA THAT WAS MUCH HIGHER THAN WHAT THEIR HISTORICAL PARADIGM CAN ADMIT.

The article therefore ignores the very essential problem that Puma Punku poses for archaeologists, addressing just pseudo-issues that can easily be debunked, thereby creating the false impression that there is no problem there. It's a typical sleight-of-hand type of argument used by debunkers - raising irrelevant issues that can easily be knocked down but ignoring real, intractable problems that have been discussed without solution for many decades.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join