It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is seriously wrong with Trump's Secretary of Defense, Mark Esperanto.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Something is seriously wrong with Trump's Secretary of Defense, Mark Esperanto.

US troops in Syria going to Iraq, not home as Trump claims

www.fredericksburg.com...

They aren't coming home and the United States isn't leaving the turbulent Middle East, according to current plans outlined by U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper before he arrived in Afghanistan on Sunday. The fight in Syria against IS, once spearheaded by American allied Syrian Kurds who have been cast aside by[ Trump, will be undertaken by U.S. forces, possibly from neighboring Iraq.

It seems that Mr. Esperanto is at odds with his Commander in Chief. Trump says those soldiers are coming home and Esperanto says they are not.

Indeed, Mr. Trumps claims of troops coming home and ending US policing in the Middle East are also not being followed due to new information that more troops are being stationed to help guard Saudi Arabia.

foreignpolicy.com...

So what's with it Mr. Esperanto? Huh? Why do you not have a better working relationship with your boss, the Commander in Chief, Donald Trump. Huh?

One would think that if we are indeed undertaking our troop withdrawal from the Middle East, one of candidate Trumps major promises and one that he is now touting loudly that you and he would be working very closely and not allowing for any communications to get this job done correctly.

Sure we know that you are not the Secretary of Defense, a cabinet level adviser to the president but rather just an ''acting'' Secretary of Defense. And sure we know you have only been in that job sinde June but come on now buddy.

What's that you say sir? Your name is not Esperanto? But it must be, your Commander in Chief said it is right here. slate.com...

Trump Refers to Defense Secretary Esper as “Esperanto” in Rambling Tweet About Syria

President Donald Trump took to Twitter Sunday to once again defend his decision to pull U.S.
troops out of northeastern Syria. But in the process, he may have revealed that his Defense secretary hasn’t made much of an impression on him since he was named to the post in June. In the tweet, Trump quoted “Mark Esperanto, Secretary of Defense, ‘The ceasefire is holding up very nicely. There are some minor skirmishes that have ended quickly. New areas being resettled with the Kurds’.” The name of the Defense secretary is Mark Esper. “USA soldiers are not in combat or ceasefire zones. We have secured the Oil. Bringing soldiers home!” Trump added. Around two hours later, that tweet had been deleted and the president posted another one with the correct spelling of Esper’s name.

My apologies Mr. Esper, I have been dumping on you when all along it seems that the one we should be questioning here is Donald Trump. He doesn’t even have enough respect for you to get your name straight.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It isn't easy to make cut and dry policy. The troops going to Iraq might not be a bad idea. If needed they probably can be deployed quickly to the Syria-Turkey conflict. Pulling them back home would be a bad Idea, Turkey's leader would think he could do anything he wants to do. I am sure Trump probably approves, At least they are farther away from the conflict that is happening.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Do you never trumper fools ever even read your own articles?

The Pentagon chief said the plan for was still in the discussion phase and had not yet been presented to President Donald Trump. Trump has repeatedly said the Islamic State has been defeated and has portrayed the withdrawal of American support for Kurdish forces as part of his larger goal of bringing troops home from the Middle East.
Esper emphasized that the proposal to leave a small number of troops in eastern Syria was intended to give the president "maneuver room" and wasn't final.

"There has been a discussion about possibly doing it," Esper told a press conference in Afghanistan before heading to Saudi Arabia. "There has been no decision with regard to numbers or anything like that."

edit on 10/21/19 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

The Pentagon chief said the plan for was still in the discussion phase and had not yet been presented to President Donald Trump. Trump has repeatedly said the Islamic State has been defeated and has portrayed the withdrawal of American support for Kurdish forces as part of his larger goal of bringing troops home from the Middle East.
Esper emphasized that the proposal to leave a small number of troops in eastern Syria was intended to give the president "maneuver room" and wasn't final.

"There has been a discussion about possibly doing it," Esper told a press conference in Afghanistan before heading to Saudi Arabia. "There has been no decision with regard to numbers or anything like that."

Liberals rarely read the whole article. Avoiding anything they do not want to hear or consider is normal.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Lol....

Priceless

Just proves once again, they are unhappy regardless of what POTUS does.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Call me Terry.
All of that is what it is. Trump however tried for a day or two to gain political points by claiming they are coming home when in reality, what that article says. Trump is a liar.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Liberals rarely read the whole article. Avoiding anything they do not want to hear or consider is normal.

One of the main effects of TDS, is a complete lack of comprehension, and a failure to understand context.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
So do you consider the Commander in Chief calling his acting Secretary of Defense by a fabricated name? One might easily suggest that what you said about liberals is true on the other side of the coin. This ''error'' in naming his own SD has not been brought to our boards by any conservatives has it. Could that not be ''avioding anything they do not want to hear or consider normal''

Do you consider calling Esper, Esperanto normal????

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Something is seriously wrong with ppl who would prefer America fail, rather than see Trump succeed.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

And you, like other conservatives here do not seem to want to see what is true here, that Trump is so loosey goosey that he cannot even get the name of his acting Secretary of Defense right in a tweet. Face it, here you can only revert to your TDS and claim a failure to understand context. Man oh man you are missing the context entirely.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

That is an idiotic statement. Easliy just as idiotic as people who would see America fail rather than seeing Trump fail.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You mean taking less than 1000 troops out of Syria and deploying 3000 to Saudi Arabia to protect their oil fields isn't bringing our troops home from the middle east?!?!

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Call me Terry.
All of that is what it is. Trump however tried for a day or two to gain political points by claiming they are coming home when in reality, what that article says. Trump is a liar.

Hi Terry...the article quotes exactly what Esper said...they are coming home but Esper is discussing another option.

Trump is not a liar at all.....I find it so hard to even discuss this with you when YOUR OWN ARTICLE refutes what you think because whatever journalist says it's so, when the quote from Esper himself contradicts it.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

That's how it seems to me. How does sit seem to you. And what about the Esper turning into Esperanto bit. Does that seem to be just one more little ''mistake'' that anyone could make?

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 21 Oct 2019 12:35:55 -0500Mon, 21 Oct 2019 12:35:55 -050019102019-10-21T12:35:55-05:001200000035 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

That is an idiotic statement. Easliy just as idiotic as people who would see America fail rather than seeing Trump fail.

You don't think those in power on the left care more about seeing Trump fail, than they do about the welfare of average Americans?

Tell me then, what, exactly has congress done since the midterms, legislatively, to benefit any American?

Surely there are other important issues in this country, besides removeing a duly elected president.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So do you consider the Commander in Chief calling his acting Secretary of Defense by a fabricated name? One might easily suggest that what you said about liberals is true on the other side of the coin. This ''error'' in naming his own SD has not been brought to our boards by any conservatives has it. Could that not be ''avioding anything they do not want to hear or consider normal''

It was a typo...and he corrected it. Not sure what the big deal is. You misspell words in posts on ATS.

And yes...I actually brought it up in another thread because I didnt think it required a whole new thread.

Have you researched what Esperanto is at all? Can you see how someone who has may have their phone or computer autocorrect to that word?

If not then....

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Here is my post bringing this up...and I am a Trump voter.

Did anyone catch this tweet today? It was deleted and changed since, but I find it odd. It would appear that autocorrect went to "Esperanto" from Esper. But then the new tweet just has the quote with no name associated.

Original

Corrected retweet

So....Esperanto is a VERY unusual mistake to make....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Esperanto grew throughout the 20th century, both as a language and as a linguistic community. Despite speakers facing persecution in regimes such as Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union under Stalin,[13] Esperanto speakers continued to establish organizations and publish periodicals tailored to specific regions and interests. In 1954, the United Nations granted official support to Esperanto as an international auxiliary language in the Montevideo Resolution.[14] Several writers have contributed to the growing body of Esperanto literature, including William Auld, who received the first nomination for the Nobel Prize in Literature for a literary work in Esperanto in 1999, followed by two more in 2004 and 2006. Esperanto-language writers are also officially represented in PEN International, the worldwide writers association, through Esperanto PEN Centro.[15]

Here is a old thread on Esperanto, Soros and Obama.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

a reply to: redmage

That's how it seems to me. How does sit seem to you. And what about the Esper turning into Esperanto bit. Does that seem to be just one more little ''mistake'' that anyone could make?

Could have been the device he was typing on that filled in esper with esperanto. Have you never done that, ever?

We could play petty on this if you like but I'm sure I can dig up a load of misquotes and errors from any president.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Thanks Vasa. The whether or nots of bringing our troops home or leaving them there or redeploying others in other areas of the Middle is is not mine to question. That is for those who are running this whole shebang. I'm no expert on any of that to judge what should and should not be done.

But what I can see is that Trump is making claims again that he is bringing them home just as he claimed he would over and over in his campaign. And though I would like to see that and why I have already on these boards voiced my support for Trump on this kind of decision it still at this time appears to not be happening. It's still ''I'm gonna do it''

And I'm waiting to see them come home though again the logistics are beyond me. Knowing my own shortcomings in Middle East politics, hearing Trump proclaim his own expertise in this stuff had me thinking that maybe he did, or, maybe he does. He said it should be easy. But here we are with him still promising.

I voted for Obama once. He then lost me almost immediately when he failed to close Guantanamo Bay as he promised. He promised again and then promised again. And is it closed? Nope.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It seems to me like Saudi Arabia has more money than the Kurds, and our military is being used a a defensive mercenary force for hire.

Unfortunately, it still seems like the "American values" they actually fight for are Federal Reserve notes, and it also seems like they are starting to recognize that truth. Furthermore, they don't like it very much (as evidenced by the record-high vet. suicide rate, and the numerous active-duty military openly criticizing the abandonment of the Kurds).
edit on 10/21/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join