It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garbage and Water on the Moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
NASA once crashed 'garbage' into the moon

Yes, you read that right.

And in the process they learned that there is water on the moon below the surface!

Who knew?

Check out the very short video at the link below:

NASA crashed garbage into the moon

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Yes, you read that right.

And in the process they learned that there is water on the moon below the surface!

Who knew?

Check out the very short video at the link below:

This is 10 year old news and we all know about it?

A small bus sized piece of rocket hardware used as a kinetic device is better than an explosive I think...

You make it sound like they tossed a bunched of used nappies, food scraps and empty bottles into the moon, lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

You make it sound like they tossed a bunched of used nappies, food scraps and empty bottles into the moon, lol.

Two things:

1 - It was news to me.

2 - Did you read the story? If so, why shoot the messenger?

Maybe you got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...lol

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Hahaha
Touche !!

I did read the article and also watched the video, I was thinking they'd done it again.

lol haha no bad feelings tho brother..

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Why am I reading click-bait on ATS.
Really...?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Thankyou for posting, I had never heard of this.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

There's astronaut poo on the moon, too.

Next moon mission will probably bring some back for study.

edit on 15-10-2019 by Blastoff because: Added next moon mission

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blastoff

There's astronaut poo on the moon, too.

Next moon mission will probably bring some back for study.

You seriously do not want to know what those 'chemtrails' are really made up from.. especially the blue ice filled ones.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Water? Why has no mention ever been made anywhere respectable that they found water under the moon's surface?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Hahaha
Touche !!

I did read the article and also watched the video, I was thinking they'd done it again.

lol haha no bad feelings tho brother..

No worries.

I do that myself sometimes. Usually before I've had my 2nd cup of coffee in the morning.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Water? Why has no mention ever been made anywhere respectable that they found water under the moon's surface?

That was my thought exactly.

Maybe the story is nonsense after all.

It comes from MSN news, not always known as a bastion of in-depth reporting & fact checking. But they do get it right most of the time.

With that said, the site is essentially the McDonald's of news reporting. Quick, cheap and not very filling.

But the story caught my eye and I figured others may also want to know about it so I posted it.

If it is nonsense or old news - my apologies - but please don't shoot the messenger, folks. They are considered a major news reporting/aggregating site on the web. MSN says so themselves.

edit on 10/15/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

NASA will be in trouble when Greta find out.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Let's get her up there to inspect..

Send The Green New Deal supporters as well.

One way ride of course.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
The quotes mean that garbage is not really an accurate description of an empty rocket booster, so thanks for using those like the title of the link did. However, why didn't you also use the quotes in the other references, like the title of the thread, and this link description?

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Huh?

I see NASA talking about it a lot but it's a topic of ongoing research because the findings don't seem to be in total agreement according to this NASA article, which says the previous research about more water at the poles (where the impact occurred) was not the full story and water is everywhere on the moon, though maybe not very accessible.

On Second Thought, the Moon's Water May Be Widespread and Immobile

A new analysis of data from two lunar missions finds evidence that the Moon’s water is widely distributed across the surface and is not confined to a particular region or type of terrain. The water appears to be present day and night, though it’s not necessarily easily accessible...

The results contradict some earlier studies, which had suggested that more water was detected at the Moon’s polar latitudes and that the strength of the water signal waxes and wanes according to the lunar day (29.5 Earth days)...

The debates continue because of the subtleties of how the detection has been achieved so far.

new topics

top topics

join