It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eliud Kipchoge Just Made History with First Sub 2 Hour Marathon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
History was made today in the Ineos 1:59 Challenge in Vienna, Austria , the Kenyan runner became the first person to run a marathon in under two hours which works out at about four and a half minutes for every mile he ran.

The record time won't be recognised as an official record because it wasn't achieved in competition but nevertheless he has run a Sub 2 Hour Marathon which for someone who couldn't run a sub 2 day Marathon is a pretty incredible achievement.

Kipchoge said: “I am feeling good. It has taken 65 years for a human to make history in sport. After Roger Bannister [running a sub four-minute mile in 1954] it took another 65 years … I’m happy to be the man to run under two hours. No human is limited, and I’m expecting more people to do it after today.

“The 41 pacemakers are among the best athletes in the whole world … to all of them I want to say thank you, thank you for doing the job. We made history together.”
www.theguardian.com...

Hats of to you Mr Kipchoge , time for a sit down and a nice cup of tea.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
That's amazing.
My best marathon was 4hr 20min.

For some more context on how fast he was going.
To get maximum points on the annual physical fitness test for the Marine Corps, you have to run 3 miles in 18 minutes or less.

His time would have been 13:30.
In 18 years I've never seen anyone faster than 16 minutes.

I can't even fathom how fast that guy is.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Not really a fan of the sport, but it is an amazing accomplishment.

What may be more amazing, is the fact that he didn't look like he struggled, or was "spent" in any way as he crossed the finish line.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
To put in perspective its 26 sub 4:50 mile runs in a row.
Amazing.

new topics

top topics

join